Do you believe any legands or "urban" legands? page 2 (locked)

38 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

didn’t we just have a thread where people were bitching about SD regs who are too intolerant about new threads? Or are we all aware of that and this is some elaborate joke being played?

Yes…yes, we did.
In fact, if ya go to the top (first page) and see the second post (mine) of the thread, ya’ll see that it was the author of this thread that was pitching such a bitch.
And, ya’ll also see my opinion that he was LIKELY making the lame attempt on this thread just to piss off the mods….or some such thing, maybe be “testing” them.
So yeah, it does appear to be some kind of spiteful “joke”.
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

Also I love how in the last thread the OP targetted certain posters for ALWAYS being the asshole who spams the ‘thread guidelines’ canard, and in THIS thread the exact same posters are doing it once again. Fucking incredible.

Well, thanks for your (typcially nasty?) “evaluation” of the situation. Esp. when it is rather obvioius (see above) that ya’re not quite up to speed on how this particular poster is approaching the forum.

So, tell me….while YOU see someone, who is PROMPTING the OP to respond in some manner to HIS proposition, as being on some anal-quest for adherance to the guidelines….maybe it truly is nothing more than a “method” to show the OP that his thread would be better served if HE were to put a little more effort into it himself.

AND, while I’m talking about ya…
tell me Jan, why are ya sooooo pissed at the world?
What causes ya to be so caustic on this site?
Ya once PMed me and (drunkenly?) confessed that the reason for a lot of this was because ya were pissed off at//from another site.
Do ya like living this way?
Do ya “feed off” of such misery?
How can ya find the time to hit (numerous?) discussion sites…..maybe in a quest to vent spleen?
If ya’re truly a prof….doesn’t your teaching somehow “suffer” from the amount of time spent on just THIS forum? Yeah…Yeah, I know. I spend just as much (or more). But, in RL…I’m not involved in shaping (young?) other ppl’s lives…..something that I would take very seriously and probably find other ways to spend my precious little personal time other than harranguing ppl on discussion sites.

YOU do realize that it was YOU carping w/ Dracon that got that particular thread locked?
Could it be that YOUR caustic attitude is more of the problem here (in the way of "forum decline) than of the solution?
Way to go, chief.
Happy?

Flag Post

Unless there is strong scientific evidence for it then no. Then again if there strong evidence supporting it
it wouldnt be a urban legend in the first place would it?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

you know…i just realised this thread is drowning in irony.

Flag Post
Yes…yes, we did.
In fact, if ya go to the top (first page) and see the second post (mine) of the thread, ya’ll see that it was the author of this thread that was pitching such a bitch.
And, ya’ll also see my opinion that he was LIKELY making the lame attempt on this thread just to piss off the mods….or some such thing, maybe be “testing” them.
So yeah, it does appear to be some kind of spiteful “joke”.

Look, in the previous thread, I saw your post, so I decided I should check if this forum still has the same problem. I proceeded to make a thread I thought was a perfectly fine thread, but probably would’ve gotten locked a year ago. I was disappointed to find that things haven’t changed too much, and that’s that. In any case, my intent in making this thread doesn’t matter in the slightest. Everything I have mentioned thus far still stands, and it seems like a pretty cheap shot to insult me personally to attempt to deter from my main point.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BLOOD300:

no thats retarded

And the last word is what makes me officially despise you.

I believe in just about every legend. Yep, that’s right. I can’t think of one I know of that I don’t believe in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloud190:

I believe in just about every legend. Yep, that’s right. I can’t think of one I know of that I don’t believe in.

Have you heard the urban legend that all urban legends aren’t true?

QED.

Flag Post

This should have been locked any time from the first to the 7th. It should be locked now. As for the actual topic, no I do not sine they are LEGENDS. Also, that’s how you spell it. Not legends.

Flag Post
Originally posted by randomperson2864:

This should have been locked any time from the first to the 7th. It should be locked now. As for the actual topic, no I do not sine they are LEGENDS. Also, that’s how you spell it. Not legends.

So the correct spelling is the same letters, in same order but in block capitals?

Flag Post

I hear that green M&Ms make you horny.