My Body & I page 2

37 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kellathor:

What’s your age? 146lbs is small-regular for an adult

34 years young.

Flag Post

it’s either high metabolism or bad digestion. i have the same problem, as do many people i know. in fact, it seems to be a very popular subject on this forum. this is like the 5th thread in a few months i’ve seen about this.

apparently, one bar of 200 gram chocolate is two entire full meals worth of calories. i used to eat two of those per day. but if it’s all about the calory density, nothing beats nuts and seeds, and they’re healthy too…however, if you eat too much of them, it speeds up your bowels…

the most important thing, however, might be to dodge all the weight-loss food items that tend to get thrown at ya. they fill your stomache with blank fodder.

Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

It is most likely a high metabolism.

Goddamnit guys

Genetic metabolisms don’t vary as much as you think they do. It’s a possible 200-300 calorie differnce.

Gaining weight = doing too little and eating too much
Unable to gain weight = not eating enough

wrong.

Originally posted by TheQuietGamer:

I have the exact same problem. I’m super skinny but all I do is eat junk food and sit around most of the time. I don’t know if this will help but I’ve been told that the reason I don’t gain any weight is because I don’t eat regular meals. What I mean by this is I eat small “snacks” constantly throughout the day, and because of this when it comes time to eat a meal like breakfast, lunch, or dinner I’m not really hungry so I don’t eat much. Again I’m not sure if this will help you as I don’t know if you are the same way, but my advice is to not eat until meal times so that way you’re hungry enough to fill up on food. I hope it helps, I for one have not tried it.

note: this would imply it’s not about calory density, because snacks have far higher calory-density than meat and vegetables.

this seems a good guide: http://www.livestrong.com/article/268353-how-to-eat-4000-calories-a-day/

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

34 years young.

Nobody has a standard weight, it’s all based on your height. If you ask me, 146lbs is fairly normal for your age.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

34 years young.

Nobody has a standard weight, it’s all based on your height. If you ask me, 146lbs is fairly normal for your age.

130 is my target weight, so I’m still a long way short of it. Below that, I’m in underweight territory, and I’d rather not go there. I like my ribs inside of my body, not dangling on the outside.

Flag Post

146 isn’t bad at all. How tall are you?

Flag Post

5’10". So I’m trying for the left edge of the yellow on this chart:

It’s in stones and kilogrammes, so to convert, 1 stone = 14 lb. So 10 stone = 140lb.

Source

Flag Post

why would you try for the left edge? don’t you want to be somewhere around the middle of the yellow bit? i mean…you are even already on the low side of healthy weight? why would you want to be a skeleton?

strange, i tried a lot (adn eventually succeeded) to actually move to the right from the far left edge of “healthy weight”.

Flag Post

My mother has the exact opposite. She’s 200 pounds and she works her ass off, but she only seems to gain, can someone help me with that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by niceman555:

My mother has the exact opposite. She’s 200 pounds and she works her ass off, but she only seems to gain, can someone help me with that?

If she’s working out and eating right but STILL gains weight, see a doctor.

Flag Post

she barely does eat.

Flag Post

she barely does eat.

She needs to eat healthy, on a daily schedule.

Flag Post

okay.