Transgenders - Public Bathrooms page 5

112 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by samuro2:

@Puseris If they are girl on the outside but a guy on the inside, then you’ll have no trouble finding common ground with them. Just because they’re in the men’s restroom doesn’t mean they’re in every restroom YOU’RE going to be in anyways. It’s literally 2 minutes of using the bathroom, you can’t fucking just let them use which one they want?

Pulsaris stated that he would not want a female in the male bathroom, maybe it would make him uncomfortable, I don’t know, but regardless of his reasoning why are his feeling less important than the female using the men’s rooms feelings?

This comes up time and time again in these debates where it effects everyone involved and a decision is going to upset someone, why are one group’s (those against) rights, feelings and wishes so much less important than those for? This isn’t exactly a topic where you can brand those against it “old fashioned” or prejudice, some people (can only speak for men here) are genuinely uncomfortable using a bathroom while anyone else is present, including other men, imagine how uncomfortable a female presence would make some men

Flag Post

dd, I’m glad ya “went there” in addressing samuro’s somewhat overly-simplistic point. Yes, on the surface…that very brief 2 minutes might seem very inconsequential (can one really enter the room, remove clothing to “present micturition device”, empty bladder, redress, wash hands, & leave in that amount of time)?

But, ya really hit the nail squarely on the head,,,,
and beat me to it at the same time.
lol

I think I did point this out several pages ago, tho.
I have been at a urinal and seen men pass up using them & go into a stall to piss.
I’ve walked up to use a urinal, pissed away while the guy next to//nearby eventually just gave up without doing anything & walked away….so “shy” was he.

Which brings me to a thought that—I hope isn’t seen as a “challenge” to yours (and somewhat mine, too)—should be included in this issue. In our pluralistic society, we are going to have all manner of ppl w/ a very wide range of abilities. The thought: you can make ALL of the ppl happy SOME of the time; SOME of the ppl ALL of the time; but ya can’t make ALL of the ppl happy ALL of the time.

In trying to be fair to one group, ya’re probably going to end up being somewhat “harmful” to another….even if such is only for the exceptionally rare “2 minutes”. For this situation (while it really isn’t that feasible for all public establishments), I am seeing more & more of a “uni-gender” toilet right along w/ the typical men’s//women’s. Of course, this room accommodates only one person & is much smaller & (obviously…duh, lol) has a lock.

There is a corporation, Quick Trip, whose older units initially provided men’s restrooms w/ a lock & only the commode. Obviously, this arrangement served very poorly…mostly due to the well-intended fact that the unit (gasoline & “grab-&-go” items) operates around a very fast turnover of customers. I would see several men waiting to use the facility. I wouldn’t wait if the women’s wasn’t being used…I’d use it.

In their newer units, Quick Trip totally redesigned the men’s restroom: no lock on the door, a urinal & a commode in a stall. Their Gen-3 units have 3 urinals (a “shortie” for the small boys) and 2 stalls. However, they yet have not caught on the need for those who “require more privacy” & have installed the small uni-gender facility.

I wonder if this is because the corporate heads thought that even though they are now responding very well to their customer base’s needs….that very marginal group of “overly-sensitive” guys doesn’t merit the expenditure: need vs. cost. As ugly as it sounds, such is how large corporations operate. I guess they figure such guys are very few and/or their “issues” aren’t really all that great that they can’t “fit in” somehow——if they need to piss//crap all that badly.

NOW, to (somewhat?) contradict what I have just presented and show strong agreement w/ YOUR (dd) point. I have another old saw that also applies to those who are on the more “progressive” side of this issue in that they feel the use of a restroom by the very marginal group of transgenders (whether pre-op or post) SHOULD BE “allowed”: Having the right to do something doesn’t mean it IS right to do it.

This can be seen as a situation where the asshole “pushy” trannies who would flaunt this “right” need to reel it back a notch or two and have some respect for the situations others have to also cope with.

I hope that what I’ve presented above shows that while this “problem” is very (by degrees, of course) small…not all of the world (U.S. anyway) isn’t aware of it and is doing something about it. I wonder how other countries handle this issue?

Flag Post

I dont even know…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chris2Fly:

I dont even know…

Thanks for clearing that up. 0¿~

Flag Post

Personally, I could care less if a transgender uses the bathroom of their choice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ReallyIntoBooks:

Personally, I could care less if a transgender uses the bathroom of their choice.

OKAY, pray tell me just how much “less” that would be?

Flag Post

As a pre-everything trans, I’d want to use the bathroom which generated the least hate and disapproval. I don’t see entering a bathroom as a statement of gender, but a form of physical sex segregation. As a result, I plan on using the Men’s bathroom until I become androgynous. After that, one would assume that I’d be passable enough for women not to confront me about it, and for men not to notice.

Of course, when one is transgender, it’s their “passability” that solves most of these problems, and so its a completely different story for someone without any hopes of passing. Honestly, in a ideal world, it shouldn’t matter, as I believe that the only discontent with seeing a transgender individual enter the bathroom of the “wrong” sex is to do with perversion, which is to completely insult and miss-characterize their intent.

If you’re male and you are uncomfortable with a transgender (born female) being in a stall next to you, then you don’t understand what the term transgender means.

…Man I miss posting here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NickWalker12:

As a pre-everything trans, I’d want to use the bathroom which generated the least hate and disapproval. I don’t see entering a bathroom as a statement of gender, but a form of physical sex segregation. As a result, I plan on using the Men’s bathroom until I become androgynous. After that, one would assume that I’d be passable enough for women not to confront me about it, and for men not to notice.

Of course, when one is transgender, it’s their “passability” that solves most of these problems, and so its a completely different story for someone without any hopes of passing. Honestly, in a ideal world, it shouldn’t matter, as I believe that the only discontent with seeing a transgender individual enter the bathroom of the “wrong” sex is to do with perversion, which is to completely insult and miss-characterize their intent.

If you’re male and you are uncomfortable with a transgender (born female) being in a stall next to you, then you don’t understand what the term transgender means.

…Man I miss posting here.

And Nick,
it is posts like that really fine one that causes me to say: I miss ya posting here.
Please, make efforts to “visit” more often.

Ya really nailed the essence of what the thread is about.
Kudos to ya.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:
And Nick,
it is posts like that really fine one that causes me to say: I miss ya posting here.
Please, make efforts to “visit” more often.

Ya really nailed the essence of what the thread is about.
Kudos to ya.

Cheers Karma. You’re the first person I recognized on the forum, glad your still around mate! It’s hard for me to think of anything we disagree about.

Flag Post

It’s possible to know what the term is supposed to mean, and still be uncomfortable with it. It’s also possible to know what the term means and not believe that it’s something that can actually happen (I would refuse to recognize as legitimate anyone who called themselves “transspecied”, for example, even though the meaning of the term is obvious.)

Flag Post

If you look like a male and have the parts of a male then use the male bathroom, same goes for the females bathroom.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator