Is Kongregate getting boring? page 2

48 posts

Flag Post

No. There a lot of new people coming everyday to OT. I am sure at it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TravianReports:

no there arent. ot is dying

Flag Post

Yeah, people like gabidou and niceman, because those guys are such a party to have around.

Flag Post

Of course, OT is but one small part of Kongregate and prone to fluctuations in popularity / activity (as is the rest of the site)… I don’t think the site, as a whole, is getting boring even if different elements do from time to time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by donseptico:

Of course, OT is but one small part of Kongregate and prone to fluctuations in popularity / activity (as is the rest of the site)… I don’t think the site, as a whole, is getting boring even if different elements do from time to time.

LOL…don, ya oughta get into politics.
But, your point about FLUCTUATIONS is paramount.
Ebb & flow are basic parts of life.
Some of them are so slowy waxing at times,,,
to the point of seemingly being a constant direction w/ no end possible.

A saying I coined: Be an asset or git yer ass outta here.
Those who find things so boring as to bitch about it are very often the cause of it.

Flag Post
A saying I coined: Be an ass-et or git yer ass outta here.

Fixed

Flag Post

Kongregate had it’s prime about when GameStop purchased it. In the time leading up to it, there was enough new people joining to draw the attention of the company, then when GameStop took over, there was a massive surge due to the number of gamers (mostly kids) that heard of it then. Then, GameStop started implementing a lot of changes putting it more in the direction of a social media site, and it simply isn’t meant to fulfill that role.

So, it’s losing popularity because the owners are trying to change it into something it isn’t.

Flag Post

Kongregate is awesome in general and their is alot of good mulitplayer games to. You just have to find the right ones to play.

Flag Post

It has a good aspect of, “if you want it to be fun, then make it fun,” but the games that are on here get incredibly boring and pointless.

Flag Post
Originally posted by samuro2:

It has a good aspect of, “if you want it to be fun, then make it fun,” but the games that are on here get incredibly boring and pointless.

There are countless games here. Saying that all of them get incredibly boring and pointless is about as ignorant as it gets.
Here.
Is this incredibly boring?
Is it pointless?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ReallyIntoBooks:

Yeah, people like gabidou and niceman, because those guys are such a party to have around.

Still better than no people at all.

Originally posted by onlineidiot1994:

Kongregate had it’s prime about when GameStop purchased it. In the time leading up to it, there was enough new people joining to draw the attention of the company, then when GameStop took over, there was a massive surge due to the number of gamers (mostly kids) that heard of it then. Then, GameStop started implementing a lot of changes putting it more in the direction of a social media site, and it simply isn’t meant to fulfill that role.

So, it’s losing popularity because the owners are trying to change it into something it isn’t.

This seems about right.

Flag Post

I think aspects of the site are lacking. Changes made with Game Chat rooms taking preference over Room Chat has slowly been eating away at the Room Chat community, and ‘temporary rooms’ are now taking precedence over regular rooms.

I think that had a massive impact on the site because it did strip away a massive new userbase from the rest of the community – basically, they’re coddled off into their Game community and then hardly talk to anyone outside of it. That along with rapid expansion in the number of rooms has dispersed a large number of users and has generally contributed to an overall quieting of the chat.

Other than that, the site has done a lot more to make things more accessible and encourage new developers. I just thing the way the community has been managed to an extent has contributed to slowing down traffic to chat rooms as well as the forums.

Flag Post

if forums were not here i would be long gone

Flag Post
Originally posted by spookyskeleton:

if forums were not here i would be long gone

I think It would be the same for me, mostly…

Flag Post

In some aspects, its getting boring, because there are not as plenty of good games as, like the last year. So, people, start uploading interesting games …

Flag Post
Originally posted by elconejo13:

In some aspects, its getting boring, because there are not as plenty of good games as, like the last year. So, people, start uploading interesting games …

There are 77,000 games on the site. I’m sure you can find something interesting to play.

Flag Post

I think the games are just not very good anymore.
Too many MMORPGs and card games. Too many games with upgrades (protip: with a few exceptions, upgrades are just a way to make boring games look fun). “Cute” artstyle with way too many colors and big eyed characters. I aways hoped for a new, challenging platformer like Moneyseize or a fun one like Vox Populi, Vox Dei(a werewolf thriller) but I gave up waiting a long time ago. Btw I was also sad how ROTMG turned out, as another poster said in this thread.

Anyone can download a SNES emulator and a bunch of games better than 99% of flash games out there, and you can probably start playing them faster too since most ROMs are only around 1mb while so many shitty new flash games are like 15mb to load. Overall, kongregate is starting to look pointless to me.

Flag Post

boring maybe, I remember when there were challenges and prizes to be won every week, I would pass the blame on GAME STOP but the only people we should blame here are the people who dont let you keep the avatars you won a while ago wtf man i still wanted the commandar shep one.

Flag Post

Back in OT things have really slowed down and people aren’t posting as much so it gets a little boring.

Flag Post

Now, It took me a while to read all of this, but I agree to your main overall point. Kongregate became a lot more plain and booring.
Mostly because of that FB and candy crush as you all mentioned. The pay to win games appeared because kongregate TIP function was removed.
So game creators found a new way to earn money. In my opinion returning the kreds TIP function would make new developers try luck and create new games. Because it’s a lot more “fun” or you don’t feel like the pressure of spending money when you’re donating tips. That’s just my opinion on this subject and how we may revive the interesting and innovative kongregate.

Flag Post

Life is what you make of it.
The question is, “Are you getting boring?”

Flag Post

If kong is getting boring then i think it should do these things:

1.it should allow us to share gifts with friends.
2.it should allow us to post images like facebook.
3.it should allow us to share game related videos with friends.
4.it should give us kreds for every hard badge we earn.In this way many people will start playing to get hard badges.

According to me in this way kongregate can become more good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Instaaaakillaaaa:

I cant find anymore good multiplayer games,people need to come up withmore good ones.Getting badges and acheivments are tedious and boring.

its not kongregate’s fault that there arent any good multiplayer games.it depends on developer’s ideas.You think getting badges and achievements are boring but if they werent there then it would have been damn boring. And i dont think that you have played every game on kongregate,there might be some game that you have not played.