What's the best personality?

28 posts

Flag Post

I know I’m the greatest, and you all want to be like me, What do you find to be the best traits in an individual’s personality? Do you think it’s best for them to be outgoing? Someone based on ideas and ethics or someone who looks at things on a case by case basis? Someone who goes with their gut, or rolls with the flow? Do you find someone who is very fervent in a belief they hold as someone you respect? Do you think that the world would be a better place if everyone had the same method of thinking?

What’s the best attitude towards the world to hold?

Flag Post
Originally posted by onlineidiot1994:

I know I’m the greatest, and you all want to be like me, What do you find to be the best traits in an individual’s personality? Do you think it’s best for them to be outgoing? Someone based on ideas and ethics or someone who looks at things on a case by case basis? Someone who goes with their gut, or rolls with the flow? Do you find someone who is very fervent in a belief they hold as someone you respect? Do you think that the world would be a better place if everyone had the same method of thinking?

Some one who stands for his bliefs, can neither be bought or threatend to abondan them, although sees world in colors of grey but has some clearly defined red lines, plans ahead rather than improvising, takes nothing to heart is OK in my book.
Al though this means no one is ok in my book.

Flag Post

My favourite traits are sincerity, empathy, and insightfulness.

I prefer introverts.

Case-by-case. And as far as a personal code of ethics is concerned, I tend to like utilitarianism.

And then… Depends, depends, hell no, and cautious optimism.

Flag Post

IF

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

by Rudyard Kipling

Works for me.

Flag Post

Rationality.
Although I don’t think we can ever hope to achieve a perfectly rational human being until a few generations later. I’ll always hope to be the one, but logically I can’t. The thing is that my upbringing was too flawed, I have too many emotions within me. Sad. :(

Flag Post

I like intelligent people that can, at any given time, justify why they did whatever thing they did.

Apart from that I like people who are sincere and are not afraid to voice their opinion, especially when they find it’s different than the other party’s.

Flag Post

Skepticism (along with open-mindedness), kindness, and honesty.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HolyLasagna:

Skepticism (along with open-mindedness), kindness, and honesty.

Similar to this. The ability to see (and act) along both sides of a dispute, compassion, integrity…and perhaps honor.

Or a certain kind of honor, at least. Sportsmanship applied to day-to-day life. Beating the other guy’s brains out but win or lose (to whichever situation that’s applicable), staying on good terms, shaking hands, holding no grudges or inflicting humiliations afterwards. If the game, or the argument, or the struggle to succeed, is what matters, then whatever’s done during the game is nothing personal; an opponent is to be praised just for being willing to compete. They’re owed a participation ribbon with ‘teeth’. I’m reminded of the ancient greek sport Pankration, which means ‘All Powers’. Anything goes, no holds-barred (except eye-gouging). A vicious match that immediately loses its viciousness after the match is over, apart from some lingering wounds. The old philosophers (like Plato) and rhetoricians drew a lot of parallels between Pankration and what they did.

Flag Post
long story about honor and sportsmanship and Pankration

This. Hate it when people turn conflicts of interest/profit/happiness into personal struggles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Helltank:

This. Hate it when people turn conflicts of interest/profit/happiness into personal struggles.

How does your inability to understand how human beings work relate to what I said?

Flag Post

A long time ago, personality disorders were called personalities, and everybody had one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aleazor:

A long time ago, personality disorders were called personalities, and everybody had one.

Yeah, I hear you. I too miss the good old days when mental illness went untreated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

Yeah, I hear you. I too miss the good old days when mental illness went untreated.

Hear, hear!

Flag Post

There is no such thing as a best personality, there are personalities you FIND to be the best.

Flag Post

Hear, hear!

What, what?

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Hear, hear!

What, what?

Quite.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Helltank:

How does your inability to understand how human beings work relate to what I said?

You mentioned that life should be like Pankration, with the vicious fighting but afterwards nobody holds grudges. I was agreeing with you while simultaneously complaining that not enough people follow the Pankration style and too often hold personal grudges after fights.

Flag Post

Ah, ok. I withdraw my nasty remark.

Flag Post
Originally posted by onlineidiot1994:

The best attitude towards the world id being friendly and matured.As people like friendly people than rude peoople who abusees everyone.so according to me being FRIENDLY and
MATURED attitude is the best.

Flag Post

Rudeness has its uses. Manipulation, showing dislike, abusing people on internet debate forums…

Flag Post

There’s no such thing. If you say friendliness is the best kind, someone with a negative personality will disagree. And then someone with a open personality will agree with both thus creating a paradox.

Flag Post

But a paradox is the best personality.

Flag Post

A personality is just a style of expression. I think you are asking about “character traits” not “personality”. Honor, dignity, thoughtfulness, empathy are all vital to good character. As far as personalities go, it takes all types. Those are what make the world colorful and enjoyable.

Flag Post

I disagree about the honor dignity thoughtfulness and empathy. I don’t have any of those except dignity and people don’t seem to think I have a particularly bad character.

Flag Post

Whatever happens to truthful to conscious…aka self