Dogecoin

8 posts

Flag Post

Dogecoin is a virtual currency based on le meme Doge. It is also helping fund the Jamaican bobsled team get to the Olympics. Do you think Dogecoin will ever take off and become valuable?

Discuss Dogecoin.

Flag Post

dogecoin is a combination of a ponzi scheme and an internet meme

so it sucks

Flag Post

Doubt it, Doge is a fad, and while it may last longer than others, it will eventually die out.

But you can never be sure, so who knows?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrOctaganapus2:

Doubt it, Doge is a fad, and while it may last longer than others, it will eventually die out.

But you can never be sure, so who knows?

Maybe an interesting question would be: Who cares?
And, why should/would they?

Flag Post

Yes I can’t see it competing with bitcoin.

Flag Post

Doge will make it to the moon.

Flag Post

As I’ve bitched at many OTTERS about, Doge-Coin is worthless.
Unless you’re flipping the coins, you will just be throwing money in the trash. This will not be a new bitcoin.
There won’t be a new Bitcoin for a very very long time (in internet years), stop investing in these trash coins as they have no value, and not significantly unique, and often times are just schemes. These Bitcoin-style currencies are not going to make it.
Bitcoin likely won’t make it aside from just for memories. The way these currencies are gathered just ends in the ability for the government or big banks to pile millions into them, make all the money back, buy tons of them, rocket the price, and drop them into the abyss. This is basic economics and how the stocks are managed in general.

The method Bitcoin uses doesn’t work as well as you might want it to.
It was a beautiful theory, but just as the majority of capitalist based things, the simple fact that money creates money in such a system kills the system. The monopoly of the feared “big banks” that the currency is trying to avoid have the power to crush it at their own free will.
Converting a bitcoin mining machine into a doge miner isn’t difficult whatsoever either, so any currency that says they use the same method just slightly “better” is full of shit, and suffers the same fate.

The ride was fun, the ride was nice, the ride way painful, but it has no real future in it’s current view.
Not a future it was loved for that is, a future of monopolies and controlling of the Vcurrency economy, maybe, that’s not up to me nor you, that is up to if someone creates a better system that isn’t crushed before it goes too public to be taken out. If not, it’ll just become another thing for the smart to manipulate and the average to buy and get ripped off in.
A nice redistribution of wealth and goods from the desperate poor average folk to the smart rich folk.

Flag Post

I am not sure what is "" or “bitcoin”.