If a Zombie Attack were to happen... page 19

465 posts

Flag Post

But, muscles need water to contract, and work. And obviously, not taking in water for months at a time would simply not allow the zombies to process. What then? Oh – after about three days they would have already ceased to do their thing.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

swords are inefficient. it’ll get stuck and is clunky to use in close environtments when zombies start to surround you. they also require precision. rather use a 1handed mace. its lite and is like a re usable bullet, but melee. make sure to get the morning star instead of the riffs one.

i also saw and automatic crossbow on youtube
(sort of. it uses human energy to load it and activate automatic feature to contnue fire of its “magazine”. but at least its ammo is reusable if you can salvage it)
though its an interesting weapon, its probably more off a long term weapon. rather use semi’s. theyre short, so you can move around easier and it cant be taken off you so easily as a longer weapon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

swords are inefficient. it’ll get stuck and is clunky to use in close environtments when zombies start to surround you. they also require precision. rather use a 1handed mace. its lite and is like a re usable bullet, but melee. make sure to get the morning star instead of the riffs one.

That really depends on the type of the sword and if it’s dull or not, and maces would probably get stuck more, unless you don’t use spikes.

Personally, though, I’d go with spears, or something with length. (and of course something for short-range too.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

That really depends on the type of the sword and if it’s dull or not, and maces would probably get stuck more, unless you don’t use spikes.

Personally, though, I’d go with spears, or something with length. (and of course something for short-range too.)

rather use a dagger or sword sword then. and thats if you ONLY have a choice between blades.
(these are fast and easily retractible and require lot less skill. rather use these and live than to try to use skill in combat.(skill is a last resort weapon and you shoud only get fancy when you have NO other choice)

Flag Post

ive been thinking:

what about a tough suit like in halo and metroid,

they cant bite through it(humans dont have enough force)
it would be difficult to carry around, but totally worth it in some cases.

Originally posted by Yumos:

Where would you go?
Where would you get your supplies?
What weapons would you use?
Who would you go with?
What would you eat?
Some people might think this isnt a serious discussion, but just wait till a zombie invasion DOES happen….

I would go to Sam’s Club and climb those big shelves with snacks stacked on them and stay up there.

I would get my supplies at Sam’s Club

I would definetly use a long sword/knife, remember, you dont need to reload blades

I’d go with my family and bring my dog.

I would eat anything i can get my hands on (Except zombies and i definetly am not going to start to be a cannibal)

but answering your question:

if it were to happen, then i have free access to guns, so i would just get some good gun so that i can finally kill myself

Flag Post
Originally posted by ion14:

Where would you go?

The local grocery store. It’s got two entrances and one is protected by a reinforced metal door.

Where would you get your supplies?

Duh?

What weapons would you use?

I’d grab my .243 Remington and any rifles and shotguns my grandfather deems usable. He’s got quite a collection, but some are a bit antiquated.

Who would you go with?

I’d grab my family and my dog. I’d also see if I could get hold of my girlfriend. Someone needs to help replenish the population. LOL.

What would you eat?

Didn’t this fall under supplies?

You’re comment on blades is useful, but do you have the cojones to get face to face with the zombies? Personally, the fortify and shoot from a distance tactic tickles my fancy. It takes ONE weak swipe to lose your sword/knife in a zombie’s skull. And when you’re standing amongst dozens of the living dead, I’ll make sure to clear a path for you :)

P.S. Zombie skin and entrails are poisonous to ingest. I wouldn’t suggest doing anything to a zombie other than killing and burning it.

This is exactly what I would do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ipponseoinage:

I think the whole situation would depend on how the infection is spread. Is it airborne? Is it a virus? Is it like the Miami Zombie? If it was like the Miami Zombie, then I would most likely go to Alaska, and have an underground bunker full of non-perishable food, water, and other necessities. I would want a radio, so I could listen for national things… I would stay away from populated areas because the United States government would most likely quarantine the infected area and send in a nuke. Are animals infected? That would be very important as one would most likely want to steer clear of anything living. My weapons would most likely be guns, hand crafted bow and arrows, traps surrounding my area, and make shift spears. I would most likely bring a lot of technology in hope of eventually finding hope of a new civilization. My family and friends would be there, but not too many people. I would create a surveillance system powered by solar panels during summer and windmills during winter. Me and other males of my family would most likely venture out after a very long time holding out to scout the area. We would eventually expand our underground camp and continue to fortify it.

if it’s airborn, there’d be no reason for it to animate corpses, so no, it’s not airborn. you can also easily assume other animals are immune to it, because it’s aimed at hijacking human neurology, not canine neurology. i believe all cases of corpse/brain-jacking in reality (it exists for real in the insect world, though they’re not contageous or brain-eating) are species specific.

An M1A1 is just over 3.5 meters in width. Assuming the tracks span 20% of that width (which is a small estimation), you have 2x 35cm of insta-kill: Almost every zombie that gets knocked under the tank will get at least a limb destroyed by the tracks, if not complete re-death

that still leaves 2.80 meter that is not tracked, which is plenty to leave a lot of the zombies alive. also, the zombies are not stationary and do not line up in rows and columns. furthermore, most of them are probably not in any place open and wide enough for a tank to be able to reach them.

Even if they do, nothing controls their direction

if they can shamble, they can probably somewhat dog-paddle. remember, they’ll neither panic nor drown.

ive been thinking:

nothing that fancy or encumbersome required. bikers leather or riot gear will suffice.

Flag Post

Just hold out in a building for a month with an Iron bar hammered at one end to sharpen.
Also i’ll try to get my hands on a maurauder.

Flag Post

An Abrams contains an M240B, with about 4,000 cartridges of ammunition, but can also carry about 7,000 extra cartridges in addition. It also carries HE rounds, SABOT rounds, (Which would pulverize any human body standing within about 10 ft of the shell’s impact) and Canister Rounds. The Abrams is also outfitted with an M240B (non-coaxle) and an M2 Browning on the top of the MBT. This is on the A1 variant of the Abrams, the A2 variant does not require the tank’s commander to man the M2 Browning from the outside. The tank would decimate anything the tracks rolled over, and simply knock anything down in its way. But who’s to say the crew is looking to drive over the targets, rather than engage them from a distance?

The crew is also outfitted with M9 handguns, and HE frag grenades.

Also, the tubes on the turret of the tank can be loaded with 70mm FRAG GRENADES that fly into the air, and disperse shrapnel that kills anything without cover within 20 meters.

An Abrams MBT will never be found without infantry support, either. Who’s to say that the infantry supporting the tank died off, as well as every other tank that would be involved in the batallion? The tanks are not found rolling around alone, they are positioned together, on an overwatch of an entire area that will be operated / serve as a field command base, or they roll together with infantry and aircraft support.

Flag Post

ive been thinking:

A shark suit would probably work just as well and they actually exist so may be even better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

ive been thinking:

A shark suit would probably work just as well and they actually exist so may be even better.

Assuming you’re talking about a suit of chainmail, I’m sure that’d be very heavy and uncomfortable to use. Not a lot of mobility with that much loud, jingling metal on you. It’d also probably be very hard to carry other items with you, access other items, etc. Also, though they may never puncture the chainmail, it could wear down / fall apart over time, especially after being handled very often. The pressure of a bite would also probably be extremely painful / unbearable in some cases.

Flag Post

No, a shark suit is exactly what it sounds like. The protective suit divers wear, to minimalise risk of injury when they may be bitten by sharks.

Whilst it is a type of chainmail, the rings being completely covered by neoprene means the metal rings never actually touch each other, but touch the rubbery neoprene instead. As such, it is rather difficult for the metal to ‘jingle’. Wear and tear is the same as any other neoprene suit. It’s neoprene on the inside and neoprene on the outside. The metal is entirely internal.

The ‘creatures’ you’re talking about facing here, would not have the torque of a shark’s jaw in their own, so the chance of a broken bone from a bite would be nonexistent (a bit like the creatures themselves).

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

No, a shark suit is exactly what it sounds like. The protective suit divers wear, to minimalise risk of injury when they may be bitten by sharks.

Whilst it is a type of chainmail, the rings being completely covered by neoprene means the metal rings never actually touch each other, but touch the rubbery neoprene instead. As such, it is rather difficult for the metal to ‘jingle’. Wear and tear is the same as any other neoprene suit. It’s neoprene on the inside and neoprene on the outside. The metal is entirely internal.

The ‘creatures’ you’re talking about facing here, would not have the torque of a shark’s jaw in their own, so the chance of a broken bone from a bite would be nonexistent (a bit like the creatures themselves).

Thank you for clarifying this for me. I was unaware of the extra precautions taken towards diving suits, I thought I could try to imagine someone running through a street, dressed like an old swordsman or something. This was very interesting to learn of.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator