Your opinions of Abortion

2680 posts

Flag Post

This topic is meant for the serious discussion of abortion, and whether it should be legalized or not. Please do not post anything derogatory or hurtful.

Flag Post

I support abortion. It’s not even living yet.

This is a little off topic but i think fathers should have more say in abortion. And if the mother doesn’t want an abortion the father shouldn’t have to pay child support if he does want an abortion.

Flag Post

I’ll start with my own views.
I think that abortion should be illegal, for the following reasons:
1. The embryo is life, and it should have human rights. The baby was conceived by a man and a woman, and if given the chance it will be life.
2. Abortion is killing the baby, and killing is illegal. Just because the embryo is still inside it’s mother’s womb, it shouldn’t be killed.
3. The woman obviously made a mistake if she wants an abortion, but i do not think that the baby should have to pay the price of death for the mother’s mistake.

Flag Post

Sigh. Here comes the next generation. Forums are cyclic and this is a perfect example. My views on abortion are all over the place, shall I start to link to them now, or will you search for them instead?

Flag Post

The embryo is life, and it should have human rights.

How do you figure? Pigs are life, but we don’t give them human rights.

and if given the chance it will be life.

If by “given the chance” you mean “nurtured and sustained at great cost to the mother”, maybe.

Abortion is killing the baby,

It’s not a baby. It’s a fetus.

The woman obviously made a mistake if she wants an abortion

Last I heard, being raped isn’t something you have much choice about.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vanguarde:

Sigh. Here comes the next generation. Forums are cyclic and this is a perfect example. My views on abortion are all over the place, shall I start to link to them now, or will you search for them instead?

I second this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FuzzyBacon:
Originally posted by Vanguarde:

I second this.

Wow… you act like everyone wants to come on and surf through pages of old posts as if that is any fun. Sometimes people like speaking. Not everyone here has been on for as long as you have. So get off your pedestal and let the man have a conversation. Specially when the last serious discussion on abortion was over 20 days ago…

Flag Post

It would take all of 5 minutes (probably less) for him to dig up an old thread, and I’d rather he bump than create a duplicate topic, personally.

So he doesn’t need to search, though, here

Looking back at that thread, I wonder what the hell Omega said that I was responding to and the mods removed. It’s actually bugging me =\

Flag Post

I agree it would take less than 5 minutes… probably less than 2 minutes…

My views: I believe abortion is wrong. I would vote against it. If I was in power I would devote a small and reasonable amount of time to try to gain support against it. But I would have no problem if it were legal. If it’s what the people want, then give it to em… I’m not gonna protest or anything.

Flag Post

im not a women if its not my child i can say i really dont care what happens to it……did anyone see that barak obama open stim cell research again

Flag Post

as a former fetus, i can tell you that fetuses don’t give a crap about abortion.

Flag Post

I believe abortion should be allowed only in certain circumstances.

1. In the situation when the woman was forced to have a child when she clearly didn’t want to.
2. In the situation where it is clear the woman would not be able to take care of the child or otherwise not find a good home for it (adoption).

I don’t see any other situation where it should or would happen.

My views: I believe abortion is wrong. I would vote against it. If I was in power I would devote a small and reasonable amount of time to try to gain support against it. But I would have no problem if it were legal. If it’s what the people want, then give it to em… I’m not gonna protest or anything.

Why is it wrong according to you?

im not a women if its not my child i can say i really dont care what happens to it

Wut. That sounded pretty selfish. Did you mean it like that?

as a former fetus, i can tell you that fetuses don’t give a crap about abortion.

How can you tell? Did they whisper that in your ear?

Flag Post

I think its telling that mainly men post in this threads.

Flag Post

Abortion IS legal in the US, just to clarify the original post.

It should remain so. It is a woman’s right to govern her body as she chooses.

Even in the case where it is considered “life” the woman still has the right to terminate the pregnancy without regard as to how she got pregnant (i mean circumstances, we all know how).

I do not believe the father has a say until after the decision to have the child is made.

To those who would argue about stem cell research being unethical, the embryos that are harvested for stem cells are from those that are generally discarded once they are no longer needed for pending implantation.

It’s alot like saying “you can’t advance science by looking through my trash,” after all, there are no funerals, birthrecords etc for these embryos, so get over the hype.

Flag Post

also, babies make you look fat.

Flag Post

I think that the fetus should get the say in this. Unfortunately, modern medicine does not have the technology to ask a fetus whether or not it wants to get the axe. This is why I think abortion is inhumane.

Flag Post

I think that the fetus should get the say in this. U

Did you ask the cow you ate for lunch if it wanted to be killed?

Flag Post

I have a question for the anti-abortion crowd. You don’t like abortions, right? So don’t get one. Why do you feel the need to tell others that they can’t?

Flag Post

we /do/ have the ability to communicate with the woman in most cases, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Carados:

I think that the fetus should get the say in this. U

Did you ask the cow you ate for lunch if it wanted to be killed?

I’m a vegan……

Flag Post
Originally posted by notallama:

we /do/ have the ability to communicate with the woman in most cases, though.

The mother doesn’t know what the fetus wants.

Flag Post

Do you ask the plant if it wants to be pulled up and boiled before you eat it?

I should also point out that, during the majority of the pregnancy the fetus cannot think, and therefore does not care either way.

Flag Post

The mother doesn’t know what the fetus wants.

Then how about you ask the person who is giving up a year of their life because you feel the misguided need to help something that will most likely be fucked over anyway?

I’m a vegan……

Then why aren’t you campaigning to make killing animals for slaughter illegal?

Flag Post

I have a question for the anti-abortion crowd. You don’t like abortions, right? So don’t get one. Why do you feel the need to tell others that they can’t?

Not that I’m against abortions, but this argument doesn’t really work. I don’t like murder, but I am going to tell others that they can’t murder. I don’t particularly like abortions (it’s definitely not a happy act), but I would approve of it in the right conditions. In this case, the life of the mother is placed above the life of the unborn child, which is perfectly reasonable.

Flag Post

i’m not against it and i’m not with it, i think the mother should choose whats best, but on the other hand your killing a life