Is God really real? page 4

1460 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by novvacaine:

Are you talking about the Qur’an, or the Book of Mormon?

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about the Good ol’ Christianity Bible. Those other Dr. Seuss-style bibles you’re talking about are blasphemy, in this case, Carados.

How dare you insult my holy book. The book of Mormon CLEARLY states itself to be “Another testament of Jesus Christ” and the holy book is right because it says so!!!

Flag Post

I used a brand new thing invented by science called “SARCASM.”

You should try it.

EDIT heheheh. 420th post :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by novvacaine:

I used a brand new thing invented by science called “SARCASM.”

You should try it.

I’m reasonably sure that Iggy was using the same thing…

Flag Post

I’m reasonably sure that Iggy was using the same thing…

I realized that when I read his whole post.

“and the holy book is right because it says so!!!”

I had already posted at the time I read that, lol.

Flag Post

I wouldn’t consider linguistics to be a science, more of an art really. But that is a topic for another thread! This topic is about GOD! AND HOW REALLY REAL HE/SHE/IT IS BECAUSE THE WORD OF GOD SAYS SO!

Flag Post
Originally posted by SithDoughnut:
Originally posted by zamininc:

Isn’t there like…. 8 other threads on this?

There are a lot more than 8 threads; there’s at least one new one every month. Everything must have been said by now!

THAT. IS. THE. MOST. AMAZING. THREAD. I. HAVE. EVER. SEEN!

Flag Post

I believe he is real because I believe the bible is real because it’s the only religion
that not only that god did something for you like Jesus dying on the cross
but that the bible tells the future! here’s a website http://www.pacinst.com/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pi3ed:

I believe he is real because I believe the bible is real because it’s the only religion

You can use the Bible to support virtually any point, and prove anything if you read it in a certain way.

Flag Post

because it’s the only religion

No

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pi3ed:

This website is for nutjobs! Look here and here

It is appalling what people can do to defy science.

Flag Post

My opinion on the existence of God is that it doesn’t matter. Either God exists or he doesn’t… either way, it’s impossible to prove, and thus it’s a waste of time to argue about it. How can you hold a debate where neither side has any facts to back up their claims?

Flag Post

Its called faith. Faith has kept the people of the world alive for as long as time has existed. if we didnt believe in him, then he wouldnt exist. BUT, he would only not exist if we didnt believe in him and his word. he exists to some people because they believe in him.

Flag Post

I think I am sick of these topics, to be honest. We have a lot of them.

Flag Post

One day at my lowest point in life had no desire to go on , couldn’t take it anymore. I took a six pack up on a hill in AZ and drank while I poured my heart out to him (God). I have never been real religious but I am a believer. Anyhow while I was sitting there drinking my beer feeling so very low I had begged him to let me know that he was on my side and that he would be there to help me get out of this very low point of my life. I asked him to give me a sign. I asked for a shooting star. I got one! I thought it was a coincidence doubting the very thing I asked for. He did not forsake me even with my doubt. He gave me another one and another just to let me know he was here for me. I even to this day believe that God was telling me he would always stand by me. It’s been years since I have felt that low and he will be there if I get that low again.

Flag Post

one day i died and came back to life and i realized there was no god.

Flag Post

I don’t believe there is a god because I find no proof that one exists. It is possible that a god helped along the evolution process but there is no proof of that and abiogenesis + evolution proves that a species can evolve without help. There is even less reason to believe in the god of the bible as it is contradicted by the Big Bang theory, Evolution, Abiogenesis and pi to name just a few and I’m not going to believe some ancient book over millions of hours of research. I would start believing in Christianity or Islam once those theories are disproven, there is evidence that life creation requires a “supernatural” force, we can UNDERSTAND supernatural forces and they aren’t just myths used to replace unknowns, and there is evidence that sets that religion way apart from the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Flag Post

Here’s something interesting I heard recently:

“If you assume God made man, there’s a whole lot that doesn’t make sense. For example, why are there such a variety of gods? In what manner did he create man in such a way where there is not any trace of the method?

But if you assume man made God….it starts to make more sense."

Flag Post

or is there is some doubt? well tonight, we are going to sort it all out, for tonight it’s the meaning of life!
yay monty python!

But seriously, there’s not a chance in hell.

Flag Post

He is real, according to the episode of South Park called “Imaginationland”.

Flag Post

I think God is real…

Flag Post

Yah, God is Love

Flag Post

The only intelligent and rational position is Atheistic Agnosticism. There is no concrete proof, evidence or indicators of God’s existence, so no sane person should believe in it – but it also hasn’t been proven to be false, so it’s just as insane to state with certainty that there is no God as it is to say there is one.

it’s impossible to prove

Not really, no. It’s impossible to disprove, but if God decides to show himself to us then it’s pretty much a proof. I’m Agnostic in relation to Invisible Pink Unicorns or the Spaghetti Monster, but it’s possible to prove that they exist if they appeared to us, but it’s not possible to prove that they don’t exist. It’s an unfalsifiable hypothesis, but not unverifiable.

Flag Post

Whether you are Christian or Atheist, evidence of God cannot be found through science.

Flag Post

There is NO freakin’ way of proving god’s existence. There is one theory though, there are no gods; just an almighty power that morphs into different forms: Mars→Ares→ Krishna… The oldest religions like Hinduism know this and that is why they are SO FREAKIN BIG! In fact, the Hindu sign was taken and converted into the Nazi sign but twisting the symbol 90 degrees. Hitler thought that “all was one” through his fist. Not saying that I’m Hindu but actually, they are the only religion that know this, Christianity claim they know this and make up stuff (no offence) but in truth I refer to 2 religions for a question like these: My own and Hinduism/Christianty depending on which religion is relevant!

Flag Post

He’s real if you believe he’s real. He’s fake you believe he’s fake. That’s how it is.