Lucid Dreaming (locked)

40 posts

Flag Post

I feel this is quite an amazing thing you can do anything you can be anything, and another cool thing is that its possible for real time to stop while in a lucid dream, in other words you can have a dream that seems like you have it go for months when it was only 2 hours. I have had a few and they were awesome. I want to know if anyone has had one either or if there willing to try. What I like the most about it is how your still getting sleep so its completely good for you.

Want to know more? I found a large informative source here . I suggest you all try, its an experience you will never forget. Did I also mention you can actually physically train while lucid dreaming? No? Well you can.

Flag Post

Did I also mention you can actually physically train while lucid dreaming? No? Well you can.

um

how?

Flag Post

Wow… thats pretty cool if you think about it, how being able to be in an “awake” state while dreaming can help you mentally train, obliterate a fear, or even learn to drive… and how you can make things appear to your liking sounds good… i think i might try it out tonight.

Unproductive click on his link…

Flag Post

@unpro: If you exercise during a dream or something similer. Because your conscious what your doing will get linked to your subconscious and this can actually affect your body. An example is skiing (thats used in the faq), even if you’ve only skied one ever, you can actually have experience in skiing if you ski while LDing. Possibilities are infinite.

Flag Post

Uh, yeah, but you can’t do any sort of resistance training or anything like that. I mean, lucid dreaming’s awesome, but I have serious doubts about getting any real exercise while dreaming. You might be able to get your body moving fast enough to get some aerobic exercise (and look silly doing it), but that’s about it. I am writing this without having read the link – will do that in a sec, but I seriously doubt it addresses this.

Flag Post

You can’t get like an “exercise, exercise” as much as its a…conditioning.

Flag Post

It would be body signals. Your subconcious is linking to your concious while “training” so that it tells the body to make more muscle mass. I read a different article on it. It is a nice thought, but few people can actually perfect it, even with profesional help. Plus the training is somewhat effective, but not nearly as effective as real training.

Flag Post

i almost never rember my dreams and if i do it is just a small fragment, that is really confusing when i think about it.

Flag Post

I was reading the article, and it seems to be a lot of fake stuff mixed in with fact… Some of the techniques are just plain stupid, and there is no way to share a dream with somebody else, besides possibly dreaming them in as you beleive them to be and your subconcious possibly tinking what tey would do and affecting what they do and create in the dream, but that is more lucid dream induced schizopherenia than anything else.

Flag Post

Yes i did notice that, but even though there is some of that very improbable content the stuff pertaining to lucid dreaming alone is very useful.

Flag Post

Judging by the description I guess that means I have had a Lucid Dream before. I can’t recall much but I do remember being able to simulate just about anything, I felt like god. Being aware you’re in a dream isn’t really that new and just about every dream I have I eventually become aware. Although every time I try to enact a lucid dream things go horribly wrong and I end up having Vin Diesel bashing in my face or something. Knowing about how to stop these traumatic dreams would be a real nice thing to know. All I can think about though is what if this power fell into the wrong hands!? any 12 year old would be able to have wet dreams at will!

Flag Post

ummm how is that a good thing… y would someone want wet dreams? U GOT SOMETHIN AGAINST 12 and 13 year olds!

Flag Post

If the 12 year old was “developed” that is.

Flag Post

Well sure if your that perverted to have sexual fantasies. Either way even if you know its a dream, you need to break it, you need to be aware in the dream, not just that spectator. I’ve personally had a few and even though I didn’t create anything, I did do many things such as fly and even get some slight characteristics of a dragon.

Flag Post

I only ever seem to have lucid dreams occasionaly when I’m feeling under the weather, and when I wake up I do find I feel less refreshed than if I’ve had normal sleep. It’s strange, I’m aware that I’m dreaming and can look around the dreamscape, but whenever I actually try to do something I wake up.

I have to say I can’t see how dreaming about skiing or whatever can make you better at skiing unless you’re having lessons during the day. The only knowledge you have in your brain is that which you’ve learned during the day. Therefore you shouldn’t really be able to learn new techniques, or even balance becaue of the lack of consequences of failure.

Flag Post

I did do many things such as fly and even get some slight characteristics of a dragon.

(looks at 9’s avatar) lol

ummm how is that a good thing… y would someone want wet dreams? U GOT SOMETHIN AGAINST 12 and 13 year olds!

I never said it was a “good thing” and to answer your question “y would someone want wet dreams” ill respond with LOL

Flag Post

seriously though why would you?

Flag Post

Therefore you shouldn’t really be able to learn new techniques, or even balance because of the lack of consequences of failure.

Acualy (and I’ve experienced this before) what ever you have experience in real life can be experienced in a dream and you can also mix the experienced things. For instance, Imagine a blue bus now you will have to ideas blue and a bus, and you will mix the two ideas creating a new idea,

Flag Post

Well good night i hope to have a WILD tonite and have it go on for a week or at least a day. I hope to become a half-dragon. Nite

Flag Post

Well if you guys see this again before the forum eats it(not sure how active this forum sction is), but here’s my two cents.

When I was younger. From like kindergarden to 6th grade or so. Every year, getting close to christmas, not any particular date, but early-mid december. I would have a certain dream. In retrospect it was really really creepy. Remember this happened over like 6-7 years. The first time I remember mostly. I was in my family van in the middle of a huge grassy field with trees surrounding it. And I look out the windows in terror trying to hide from a huge dinosaur/demon thing walking by the trees.

Now here’s the catch, every year. IT CAME BACK. but not the same dream. It continued. It was like a story, but I was in control of only myself. I was somewhat concious, i mean it was still a dream, but I could not control anything but myself. I would be walking down a street and the cracks in the asphault would glow red. I would run to grass or something else and the creature would come out.

A few years later I remember a treehouse on a small island in the middle of a lake I would go to in my dream. There were others, but I don’t know who they were, nobody I knew in real life. I would get there by a small helicopter thing. I would be safe there.

Now In 6th grade I think. I had one last dream. I was in an underground bunker kinda thing with my “friends”(or whoever they were, they were kids like me) and we were devising a plan to destroy the creature. Somehow we devised something like acidic paint. We used it on the creature and then it was killed.

Since then I have never had a dream like that again….

O.O

Keep in mind I can’t remember all the details, this was over 10 years ago since the first one, but I do remember clearly what I wrote down here. It was like some kinda beast haunting my dreams, then I killed it and it never came back… really really creepy.

I know I can’t prove it really happened, but I swear to god I’m telling the truth.

NOW another completely separate event. When I was 12 or 13 I think. On Labor day I had a seizure while I was asleep, and it went away when I woke up. I went on medicine, and next year ON LABOR DAY!!! I had another 2 seizures when I was asleep. After that I never had them again. 2 separate labor days, but I had seizures on them…. creepy.

Flag Post

My last lucid dream was a number of years ago, unfortunately when you have a rough work schedule you don’t get much time to focus on your sleep. Which is a total pain in the ass, because lucid dreaming is cool as hell.

My last lucid dream involved me waking up in my bed room. I immediately knew that something was off… my dresser was out of place. There were pictures on the wrong parts of the wall. And I just sort of walked around my bed room until going “Wait… this is a dream. Oh freaking sweet!!!”

Being afraid that I would wake up too soon before I could do anything interesting, I immediately ran at, and dove through my bedroom window. Had my assessment of this being a dream been wrong, this would have been a very painful experience. In the dream though, I flew through it with ease and fell to the ground which sunk and cushioned my fall.

After recovering from the jump, I immediately tried to fly. It was harder than I thought it would be. The environment looked incredibly real, and my brain was caught in a conflict of fantasy and reality. I was unable to attain flight, but I was able to jump incredibly high.

The dream also involved me going over to a friends house, upon entry the lucidity wore off, and the dream became too dream-like again. I descended a staircase and then found myself waking back up. In my dream bedroom again. Except this time it was day instead of night time. I once again jumped through my window and jumped around outside a bit. Then a car with chain-gun mounted on the back drove down my street and I jumped on the hood and destroyed it.

Prior to waking up, in this same night, I believe I suffered from sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is an incredibly scary condition where your eyes are open but your body is unable to move. I was lying on my bed, unable to move. It often brings feelings of anxiety, paranoia, or imminent death. In my paralysis state, I imagined a goblin jumping up from under my bed to test if I was awake or dreaming.

Now… this decision was stupid to begin with. If I was dreaming, I would have scared the shit out myself. And if I was awake… WHY COULDN’T I MOVE??!?!?

Well, no goblin jumped out from under my bed, but my heart just sunk. I got so nervous and started sweating, still unable to move. My heart was pounding with insane speed, and then eventually I passed back out.

I woke up several hours later.

In retrospect, it’s hard to believe these kinds of crazy experiences happen without the influence of psychoactive drugs or something… but the human brain is ridiculously powerful.

Flag Post

It’s more powerful than ANY supercomputer. there’s also a lot of it that doesn’t get used. It’s a waste really, not being able to access the latent abilities hidden in the mind.

Flag Post

accualy you use all of your brain, you just use 10% at a time, but if you could use more at a time yes you could be incredibly smart (einstein only used 15%) There might be a part of your brain thats not used, but almost ALL is used.

Flag Post

seriously though why would you?

Quick lesson for the uninitiated: a “wet dream” is a sexually arousing dream that leads to expulsion of certain…fluids (not urine). Thus, one might enjoy the dream, though the waking up part would suck.

It’s more powerful than ANY supercomputer.

I don’t know that I believe that. I’d like to see some defense of that. Yes, the brain is good, but super computers are getting pretty ridiculous too – especially if you count distributed computing. I understand that the brain is impressive, but I don’t think it can compare to millions of powerful computers (and PS3s recently) all working simultaneously on one problem.

Back to the topic though, lucid dreaming has always fascinated me. I mean, you get to be god (theoretically). How cool is that? I don’t think I’ve ever really had one though. I actually tried this morning, and I ended up just feeling beat to hell when I tried that whole “staying conscious while you fall asleep” thing. Definitely felt weird physical sensations and heard what sounded like wind blowing by my ears, but I think I conked out just before the dream hit. Grrr…

Flag Post

Well i wanted to test how good this “lucid dreaming” worked, so last night I went to sleep thinking of a black space…(so i could make things appear easier, if at all) So when i finally fell asleep i Did find myself inside that black space… and surrounded by water (or some other fluid) and drank and drank and drank… I then woke up and ran to the bathroom… I’m not sure if it was because i had drank some tea before going to bed or because of the constant drinking in my dream but something motivated my bowels…