Lucid Dreaming page 2 (locked)

40 posts

Flag Post

Well speaking of the power of the mind, it is possible to read 1 millon words a minute using lucid dreaming by having the words just flash infront of your face quickly. and then you recall it in lucid dreaming. Because your subconscious is so powerfull you can accually recall word for word.

Flag Post

There’s a wikibook (a featured one, no less!) on lucid dreaming:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

Flag Post

Wow this is very informative. Thanks Alex. I’ll look more into it.

Flag Post

Ya know because you technicly know alot in your subconscious, I though of a cool idea! Ever hummed a tune and tried get it on paper? Use a lucid dream. Put a famous composer into your dream, or what ever you want and make it so when you hum or sing a tune the note are written on a scale. All you have to do is remember the places of the notes. Of course you must first see all the notes and hear what sounds go with them, but thats easy.

Flag Post

This topic has greatly got me interested in trying this. I will try later tonight, and try train my self into it. Also, what I love is that it doesn’t waste any time, so I won’t feel I am missing out on something else, because I would be asleep anyway.

Flag Post

Thats what i feel is the greatest part of it. Also if you try a WILD you will feel like your being electrocuted, don’t worry it doesn’t hurt. I accually think its fun, for some reason tho, i can go very close to having a lucid dream and i can fully think until i get past electrocution.

Flag Post

with all of this stuff, I’m a little skeptic about hte million words a minute(yes I did read the article) but withotu experiencing it myself, theres no way to know for sure. With the music, i think that you would not be able to do that you are saying, UNLESS you are good at music naturally. But this is just my opinion/hypothesis. I will try it, probably over christmas break, when I have lots of time to sleep and not having to worry about being tired then next day if things go wrong.

I have no doubt lucid dreaming is real, and I would love to try asap. I remember one VERY vivid dream I had, and Had i realized at the time I probably could have controlled it, but I didnt realize i was dreaming till I woke. I remember jumping off a building, falling and smashing through the ground, and came out on an icy area(like Antarctica) then the ground started to crumble, so I ran from the ever growing gorge. I fall in and wak up in bed. although things are weird(dream in a dream) and then I fall out of bed and wake up again. I’m in my bed again and I get up and go to the kitchen for breakfast, when I go to the fridge to get some OJ, the fridge eats me. Then i REALLY wake up. Man that dream scared the shit out of me, I was little too. I couldnt tell if I was really awake or not.

Flag Post

I’m definitely skeptical on the whole “million words minute”. I’m not even sure the human eye can see at a ‘frame rate’ of one million ‘frames’ per minute (much less save them to memory). You can kind of see this by moving your hand in front of your face really quickly, and it looks jerky. Your brain isn’t that robust in terms of visual processing. I might be wrong there, it just doesn’t seem right.

Lucid dreaming doesn’t give you any special powers that you wouldn’t normally have mentally. For example, clould nine, your brain wouldn’t suddenly be able to process music better than it’s usually able to. You could practice a piece at a piano in your dream, and your brain would get better at playing it, but it’d be akin to practicing the piece in real life.

I think the best use for lucid dreaming is inspiration for art/music/anything creative.

EDIT: Okay… about the whole million wpm thing. I just remembered that there are some autistic people who can read books extremely fast by the method you described. And also, I think I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about seeing 1,000,000 separate words each flash in sequence. I’m less skeptical now.

Flag Post

I dreamt I was back in uniform and next to the Unimog. Then the Lt. started screaming at me, and I was screaming back that it wasn’t my damned fault and that too many people were transmitting and no one was recieving. Then I dreamed that some guy on a motorbike drove by and started splashing water from a mineral water bottle on my boots to wash them. Then I reached for the keys for the Unimog and the Lt. started saying something about Jupiter and his can of dye.

I don’t think it worked. >:^/

Flag Post

…I have no clue what you’re on about.

I’d love to get the hang of it.

Flag Post

I remember my lucid dream. in the dream, i was at school, however, i quickly realised somthiing was off. i looked behind me and realised there were way to many chairs, and way too little people (the only people were those whom are my friends, who were all in the front row. also, the teacher was writing on the board, but nothing showed up. i took advantage of this. i got up from my chair and walked around, and nobody even so much as glanced at me. i heard my name over the intercom, and walked out in the hall. several people were there, and also, one person wasnt sitting in a chair. i got rid of most and lowered it down to the two who were my friends, nick and sam. i heard my name again over the intercom. i decided it was time to go outside, and the school sunk down instantly all around me. I made my favourite book out of mid-air, and then jumped on the roof of the school (it was two times as tall in my dream) and made my glasses. i started to read and sombody came out of the school and told me i was suspended for ignorring the principle and leaving the school. i threw the book at him, however it never hit him. time froze and the book stopped in mid-air. i walked around and got very bored, considering that there was a large barrier around all of the schools yards and, despite having control over my dream, i couldn’t get rid of it. so i woke up, and it took me quite a while to recall all of it.

Flag Post

Well, last time I did have a lucid dream was a few nights ago. Interesting actually, I had some kind of mind powers… Able to control stuff you know?

Well, anyway, when I woke up and realized it was a dream I remembered it had taken a surprising amount of mental effort to actually push the buttons on this calculator I was experimenting with in my dream (push the buttons with my mind, of course, in the dream). Also, you need to like, “push”, with your mind sometimes to get things done in dreams.

Some others I’ve had included being superman, etc, but those weren’t that interesting really.

Flag Post

Damn dude, that’d be great.

It’d be so much better if people could telepathically link, sharing these immense dreams. You could do whatever the hell you like in a world of your own invention, and you wouldn’t get bored so easily, cause you aren’t alone.

Flag Post

Lucid dreaming can be quiet scary actually. Usually when I found out that I’m dreaming, I fly up somehow and then I get sucked into a vortex, I become scared but I’m not dead. Then after that, I’m able to control my dream. But in a very low state of lucid dreaming because the vortex caused me to have a sudden twitch which can activate a nerve in my muscles and then causes me to wake up.

EDIT: If you get a nightmare, try to do something stupid or keep blinking and say to wake up. That’s how I wake up from nightmares.

Flag Post

Ok, I think one lucid dreaming thread is enough. I don’t know why you felt compelled to try to resurrect this one, but let’s try to keep some order.