Which is currently the better country: Russia or the U.S?

239 posts

Flag Post

Which is currently the better country?

Flag Post

USA FTW

Flag Post

Better is a reletive term. The U.S. is a little more organized since it has a long standing established government. So in terms of government stability I would say the U.S. However Russia is the world’s largest country. So in terms of size I would to say that Russia is better.

Flag Post

US. Russia is cold and full of snow and ice and shit.

Flag Post

Russia, if you like brutal mobsters.
USA, if you like brutal bankers.

Flag Post

authoritarian government or totalitarian government?

fuck them both

Flag Post
Originally posted by pmr0078:

fuck them both

What’s wrong with authoritarian government? I dunno what totalitarian means :P.

USA ftw.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zamininc:
Originally posted by pmr0078:

fuck them both

What’s wrong with authoritarian government? I dunno what totalitarian means :P.

USA ftw.

PMR think irrationally when it comes to governments, that is all you need to know.

Flag Post

Russia has no economy, rude citizens, and an insane government. America has a good economy, average-below average citizens, and a somewhat normal government. And we don’t blame others for our shortcomings.

Flag Post

Russia nuclear stock > America nuclear stock

Whose side will you go on in a war?

Flag Post
Originally posted by RMcD:

Russia nuclear stock > America nuclear stock

Whose side will you go on in a war?

It doesn’t matter whose is larger when each can blow up the world 5 times over. Besides I’d bet the American nuclear stockpile is more likely to actually be operationally functional whereas in Soviet Russia nuke works you.

Flag Post

Why did you make this thread?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/9/topics/34119
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/9/topics/39244

Flag Post

It doesn’t matter whose is larger when each can blow up the world 5 times over. Besides I’d bet the American nuclear stockpile is more likely to actually be operationally functional whereas in Soviet Russia nuke works you.

I want to know where you got those figures.

I got over 30,000 nukes for the surface area of the world. At least 30,000, assuming all nukes were of one kind, which was the strongest one I could find.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RMcD:

I want to know where you got those figures.

I got over 30,000 nukes for the surface area of the world. At least 30,000, assuming all nukes were of one kind, which was the strongest one I could find.

People can’t live in the sea, what’s the point in nuking it?

Flag Post

People can’t live in the sea, what’s the point in nuking it?

Surface area does not include the sea… Land surface area would probably have made it clearer.

Not to mention you can nuke the sea.

Flag Post

Russia has $527.1 billion in external debt, according to the CIA worldfactbook

The United States of America has $12.25 trillion in external debt. Further, this debt is 60.8% of the Gross Domestic Product. Russia’s debt is only 6.8% of their GDP.

Who’s got the healthier economy now?

Flag Post

The balance of payments isn’t everything. America still has a much higher GDP than Russia.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

Russia has $527.1 billion in external debt, according to the CIA worldfactbook

The United States of America has $12.25 trillion in external debt. Further, this debt is 60.8% of the Gross Domestic Product. Russia’s debt is only 6.8% of their GDP.

Debt is not a measure of economic health really. In fact, debt is necessary to give value and faith in your currency, the first thing America did at it’s founding was take out a loan from european governments to establish a line of credit.

Flag Post

THB, faith in currency is ridiculous. A dollar bill is nothing but a promise of… another dollar bill.

You do have a point about the Debt not being a measure of economic health though.

Flag Post

The USA is a lot stronger. It has advanced economy, organised government, well-armed military, greater population.
The Russian government is corrupt as hell and doesn’t care about it’s citizens. The population is dying out. The army is being reduced. Patriotism is catastrophically low. Oh, and in addition to that, there’s mass poverty.

Flag Post

Ireland

Flag Post

Hmm…Allow me to consider.

The United States of America
Pros: U, T, E, D, S, A, and M are my favorite letters
Cons: I hate H and C, name is too long

Russia
Pros: R, U, S, and A are my favorite letters, name is short
Cons: I is a bad vowel

The clear victor is Russia.

Flag Post

Praporshik, It is good that the army is being reduced and that patriotism is low. And, not to mention you think the US gov. isnt corrupt, your insane! What do you mean the US has a greater population? Are you implying that man to man Americans are better humans?

Flag Post

I’m implying that it has greater human resources, simply more people.

By the way, what is good about reducing the army and low patriotism?. These 2 aspects are vital for a countries future. A small army with poor morale is doomed.

Flag Post

Only if it comes to international war.

And if it comes to that, nuclear arms are enough of a deterrent anyway.