Did Jesus fake his own death? page 4

214 posts

Flag Post

religion isn’t just solid proof buddy, “Blessed are those who have not seen and believed” but if you must have proof then wrap your mind around this. After Jesus’ Ressurection and Ascention into heaven(this is like 4th 5th century afterwards) people looked for Jesus’ actual cross and they found a whole bunch of crosses in Jerusalem but didn’t know how to identify the actual cross that hung the Savior. So they put each cross on a dead person to see if he would come back to life. I don’t know how many crosses they went through but when one of the crosses tuched the dead man he was instantly awake and not dead anymore. So this is considered to be the cross that Jesus actually died on. I don’t know how much more proof you want.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hattrickhero777:

religion isn’t just solid proof buddy, “Blessed are those who have not seen and believed” but if you must have proof then wrap your mind around this. After Jesus’ Ressurection and Ascention into heaven(this is like 4th 5th century afterwards) people looked for Jesus’ actual cross and they found a whole bunch of crosses in Jerusalem but didn’t know how to identify the actual cross that hung the Savior. So they put each cross on a dead person to see if he would come back to life. I don’t know how many crosses they went through but when one of the crosses tuched the dead man he was instantly awake and not dead anymore. So this is considered to be the cross that Jesus actually died on. I don’t know how much more proof you want.

Do you have any proof of this?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Pink_Fuzzy_Bunny:

Why would those people have claimed Jesus’ existence if he was just a legend?

I suppose it’s very easy to get sucked under by a tidal wave of popular opinion.
I for one believe Jesus existed, because I feel that nobody can have made such an impact and caused so many things to be written about him without the pretty basic predicate of existing.
However, I will at least admit that proof of Jesus’ existence can never, ever be verified, and will always be scrutinised somewhat.

 
Flag Post

actually yes, read history and you’ll find out
those who witnessed Jesus’ death on the cross were willing to die for what they believed and they did. Now wouldn’t it seem strange to die for something that’s false?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hattrickhero777:

actually yes, read history and you’ll find out

those who witnessed Jesus’ death on the cross were willing to die for what they believed and they did. Now wouldn’t it seem strange to die for something that’s false?

Mate, you’re making yourself sound a bit of a fool here. Just telling someone to ‘read history’ just makes you sound ignorant.
Many people are willing to die for something they believed in, but that’s exactly what it is, belief, not solid historical fact.

 
Flag Post

read history and you’ll find out

You’re clearly new to SD, so I’ll just give you a rundown on basic argument skills:

Don’t expect your opposition to find sources for you. If you want to make a claim, you are going to have to find and link your own specific sources. Give us an article from a reputable journal, a textbook, or at the very least a webpage that makes the same statement and justifies it.

Otherwise, everyone here will fall back on “An argument presented with no evidence can be dismissed with no evidence”, and you’ll get nowhere.

 
Flag Post

history has proven the Bible so…
i mean it only happened 2000 years ago, this is not like in the stone age where people didn’t record history

 
Flag Post

history has proven the Bible

No it hasn’t. And again, if you’re making a claim, a specific, cited source is necessary.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hattrickhero777:

history has proven the Bible so…

i mean it only happened 2000 years ago, this is not like in the stone age where people didn’t record history

Read the post above you carefully and take heed.

 
Flag Post

people witnessed Jesus’ death and ressurection and when they were asked to disclaim Jesus and their beliefs by the Romans they would not. When you see something you tend to believe it. An eyewitness acount is good enough in the court of law. So why wouldn’t it be good enough here. Because science wants to prove everything. I’m sorry thats just not possible.
thanks Jabar i didn’t know people were that ignorant of history

 
Flag Post

You’re right about eye witness accounts, but, a 2000 year old eye witness account not written down until years later, and then passed through countless generations wouldn’t hold up.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hattrickhero777:

people witnessed Jesus’ death and ressurection and when they were asked to disclaim Jesus and their beliefs by the Romans they would not. When you see something you tend to believe it. An eyewitness acount is good enough in the court of law. So why wouldn’t it be good enough here. Because science wants to prove everything. I’m sorry thats just not possible.

thanks Jabar i didn’t know people were that ignorant of history

An eyewitness account is not always good enough in a court of law. I’m pretty sure that concrete evidence is often required.

We’re not going to believe something just because you tell us. Prove it, and we will. So far, all you’ve proven is that you don’t actually know how to provide a solid argument.

 
Flag Post

yes history has proven the Bible. Scientists have proven that there was a huge flood the same time the Bible said it did.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hattrickhero777:

yes history has proven the Bible. Scientists have proven that there was a huge flood the same time the Bible said it did.

Which ones? And the Bible hardly gave an accurate time period.

 
Flag Post

ok maybe this will help you guys out
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/b_proof.shtml

 
Flag Post

yes history has proven the Bible.

Again, you haven’t sourced this.

Scientists have proven that there was a huge flood the same time the Bible said it did.

Actually, science has proven that a flood on the biblical scale is geologically impossible. Where did the water come from?

TalkOrigins on the Flood

 
Flag Post

now that’s proof

 
Flag Post

hmmm maybe rain? it seemes to flood things nowadays

 
Flag Post

nothing is impossible with God

 
Flag Post

Alright, to start:

It is the only religion that can prove itself, and a main source of that proof is the Bible.

This is circular reasoning. Can you see why?

“We know the Bible is true because the Bible says so”.

Dinosaurs are referred to in several Bible books. The book of Job describes two dinosaurs.

The problem being, dinosaurs were not alive when men walked the Earth.

hmmm maybe rain? it seemes to flood things nowadays

It is not physically possible for such a quantity of water to be held in the atmosphere. And where did the water go afterwards? And why is there no evidence of such a quantity of water appearing and then disappearing?

 
Flag Post

http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/GODIS.htm

(third article)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hattrickhero777:

http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/GODIS.htm

(third article)

None of these sources provide indisputable proof for anything.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hattrickhero777:

religion isn’t just solid proof buddy, “Blessed are those who have not seen and believed” but if you must have proof then wrap your mind around this. After Jesus’ Ressurection and Ascention into heaven(this is like 4th 5th century afterwards) people looked for Jesus’ actual cross and they found a whole bunch of crosses in Jerusalem but didn’t know how to identify the actual cross that hung the Savior. So they put each cross on a dead person to see if he would come back to life. I don’t know how many crosses they went through but when one of the crosses tuched the dead man he was instantly awake and not dead anymore. So this is considered to be the cross that Jesus actually died on. I don’t know how much more proof you want.

Lol.

 
Flag Post

even when Christians do have proof others discard it or try to get around it

 
Flag Post

all you said was laugh out loud you don’t defend yourself unlike me