if there was another world war would you fight in it?

227 posts

Flag Post

it depends how big the world war is … stupid question but if it was litterally the whole world i thgink i would have to evn thou i hate wars.

what do u guys think

 
Flag Post

I probably wouldn’t have a choice.

 
Flag Post

well giving up and dying is never a good choice. it is always better to fight for your own self preservation than accept death.

 
Flag Post

Seen as it would only last about half an hour- probably wouldn’t have time to sign up.

 
Flag Post

If by ‘fight’ you mean ‘get reduced to radioactive vapor’, then yes.

 
Flag Post

Darkninja, not fighting doesn’t mean giving up and fighting doesn’t mean fighting for yourself; not fighting means preserving yourself (for a while) and fighting means deciding to (most likely) die for your country.

 
Flag Post

fighting in a war means that u r fighting for the thing that u believe in … if u fight hard it means that u believe in it

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by milskidasith:

Darkninja, not fighting doesn’t mean giving up and fighting doesn’t mean fighting for yourself; not fighting means preserving yourself (for a while) and fighting means deciding to (most likely) die for your country.

i think we have different views of what world war is. im thinking its more about the whole world is at war im fighting everyone. under more your idea countries are still coherent, but fighting doesnt necessarily mean front line infantry you can fight by adding to the cause in any number of ways. my point is its not ok to sit around and do nothing while there is front line infantry fighting. even if you dont believe in war or whatever there is still much that can help with out you having to physically fight.

 
Flag Post

If there was another world war I don’t think that you would have a choice in the matter.

 
Flag Post

Err…. since both World Wars were just terms given when most countries of the world fought, I’d assume that is what we are talking about. Anyway, why is it “not right” to not fight? If a person does not care about their country or simply cares more about themselves than an ideal, there is no sense in them throwing away their life for it.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by milskidasith:

Err…. since both World Wars were just terms given when most countries of the world fought, I’d assume that is what we are talking about. Anyway, why is it “not right” to not fight? If a person does not care about their country or simply cares more about themselves than an ideal, there is no sense in them throwing away their life for it.

how is it throwing your life away working in a factory making the armor that can possibly save a life? you would be relatively out of harms way and adding to the cause. by not adding to the cause your not helping to protect your life in any way.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by zer0point:

If by ‘fight’ you mean ‘get reduced to radioactive vapor’, then yes.

that’s pretty much it. i would kill some cockroaches before dying, though.

 
Flag Post

Even working to help the war effort by making your own soldiers safer is still throwing away your current job for a new one that probably doesn’t pay as well. Admittedly, it is more attractive than going out to fight, but it is still going to have severe drawbacks compared to a person simply living their life (mostly) the same as it was before the war.

Also, most of this is assuming that nuclear weapons don’t get used. If (or more likely, when) they get used, everybody dies.

 
Flag Post

if the entire world is at war you think its going to matter if you keep your current job? i see it 5 ways
1 you helped out your country lost, at least you did everything you could your possibly dead,
2 you didnt help your country lost, your guilt ridden for not helping possibly dead.
3 you helped out your country won, your a hero to some extent and can be prideful you helped out.
4 you helped out your country won, you died in the process you are a hero your family is being taken care of.
5 you didnt help your country won, its possible you are shamed for doing nothing people never look at you the same you are guilt ridden and shunned by society.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by darkninja210:

if the entire world is at war you think its going to matter if you keep your current job? i see it 5 ways

1 you helped out your country lost, at least you did everything you could your possibly dead,

2 you didnt help your country lost, your guilt ridden for not helping possibly dead.

3 you helped out your country won, your a hero to some extent and can be prideful you helped out.

4 you helped out your country won, you died in the process you are a hero your family is being taken care of.

5 you didnt help your country won, its possible you are shamed for doing nothing people never look at you the same you are guilt ridden and shunned by society.

i think this is a very good point but i think it dont matter what u do as long as u can look urself in the mirror – its a about guilt. i am sure if there was another world war most people would help in some way ( i hope) but hopefullly there wont be anothe world war!!

 
Flag Post

amen to that

 
Flag Post

I’d go to Kongregate and make a lot of topics. (I said that because most of his posts are from his topics. I made a funny!)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SaintAjora:

I probably wouldn’t have a choice.

There’s always a choice. Happily, rather than claim to be conscientious objectors we can just claim to be gay, and wallah! No fighting in the war =]

I’d probably fight if the war came to me, but I’m not going to let myself get shipped off to some foreign country to kill people who are as clueless (and as “replaceable” to the people who are in control) as myself about what we are actually fighting over.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SaintAjora:

I probably wouldn’t have a choice.

SaintAjora pretty much nailed it.

The draft is not a dead idea, it is simply hibernating until such a time as the government can enforce it without question or care for question.

We are already seeing draft-like policies sprout from Obama’s administration by way of Compulsory National Service programs.

 
Flag Post

depends on who the 2 countrys are.
if there will be another WW it would probably
be US vs. China

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Pi3ed:

depends on who the 2 countrys are.

if there will be another WW it would probably

be US vs. China

Woudn’t the very definition of a world war mean a majority of the superpowers? Just two countries is your run of the mill war, although China vs. America would be pretty big.

If there is a war… I guess it depends on if I get drafted. I would not volunteer for it.

 
Flag Post

We are already seeing draft-like policies sprout from Obama’s administration by way of Compulsory National Service programs.

Uh what? I already explained how this is a grave misconception of the actual program, if anyone remembers the thread I can find the quote again.

 
Flag Post

I don’t buy the bit about being guilt ridden — I know if there was a war, world-scale or not, I’d avoid it. My own personal choice and my level of comfort far outweighs feeling “guilty” over something that I don’t believe in. If there’s any way at all to avoid firing a gun or taking place in a conflict that I’m not comfortable at all in, nor want to be involved in, I’d jump for it with no guilt whatsoever, even if there was a draft. (And since that pretty much encompasses all wars, I’d prefer to avoid them all.)

-Deriaz

 
Flag Post

If I could avoid fighting, I would. I don’t particularly like the idea of shooting other people and risking death. I’d rather try to stop the war another way.

Unless (as mentioned) conscription was reintroduced. In that case, I would move to Switzerland. They like being neutral.

 
Flag Post

I would definitely try to avoid fighting if I could, like SithDoughnut. Not only would I absolutely hate it, but I also would not be much of a help to my country.

In fact, I’d probably be one of the first people to move away to a pleasant country not involved with the war. :)