Why do non "white" humans cause more crime then "white" Humans? (USA)

56 posts

Flag Post

Ok, I know many don’t trust Wikipedia, but there are THREE million English pages, so it is small someone screwed around with it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States
Now, let me make this clear, I’m not talking about ALL other races that aren’t white, I’m talking about the races that have a higher crime rate than Whites (Hispanics, Blacks.) Another thing, I’m not saying ALL Blacks and Hispanics do crime, but a select amount. Last thing, I know Whites arent much better in crime, so don’t post something related to that.

Blacks: 52.5% of all Homicide criminals were Black, with Whites at 45% Blacks offending rate was EIGHT times higher than whites, with Blacks claiming SIX times more victims than Whites
Latino/Hispanic/50 Other names: Mostly gang affiliated, big surprise. Since many crime counts put Whites and Latinos in one, it’s hard to track. Also, the text says: “The number of Hispanic offenders has been increasing rapidly and have violence rates higher than that of Whites but lower than that of Blacks” Even Latinos have a higher crime rate than Whites, and a while ago they were much less.
Whites: 2 words: Hate Crime. We didn’t NOT see this coming, I hope. Whites claim 58% of all hate crime offenders. Although I think hate crime isn’t a big deal, Whites do make fun of Blacks too much, as 70% of all hate crime offenders were Anti-Black.
I will add more later, but discuss what you think about crimes of Whites and Latinos and Blacks. And please dont target the poster, target his Opinion.

Flag Post

Try looking here: The bottom half of the source article in your OP. It addresses the question you are asking, more or less completely.

Flag Post

Sounds, at the very least, somewhat RACIST…..do you iron your sheets yourself?

But, from your link:
“The relationship between race and crime in the United States has been a topic of public controversy and scholarly debate for more than a century.1

One could assume that in all that time, such “scholarly debate” might have finally resolved the issue into something a lot more finite.
“There are fundamental limitations of the UCR (Uniform Crime Reports) system, including:6
Inaccuracy: UCR statistics do not represent the actual amount of criminal activity occurring in the United States. As it relies upon local law enforcement agency crime reports, the UCR program can only measure crime known to police and cannot provide an accurate representation of actual crime rates.7
Misrepresentation: The UCR program is focused upon street crime, and does not record information on many other types of crime, such as organized crime, corporate crime or federal crime. Further, law enforcement agencies can provide inadvertently misleading data as a result of local policing practices. These factors can lead to misrepresentations regarding the nature and extent of criminal activity in the United States.8
Manipulation: UCR data is capable of being manipulated by local law enforcement agencies. Information is supplied voluntarily to the UCR program, and manipulation of data can occur at the local level.9

So, perhaps we should be assuming any high degree of accuracy in regard to numbers.
“Schools of thought.
The relationship between race and crime has been an area of study for criminologists since the emergence of anthropological criminology in the late 19th century.48 Cesare Lombroso, founder of the Italian school of criminology, argued that criminal behavior was the product of biological factors, including race. He was among the first criminologists to claim a direct link between race and crime.49 This biological perspective, sometimes seen as racist and increasingly unpopular, was criticized by early 20th century scholars, including Frances Kellor, Johan Thorsten Sellin and William Du Bois, who argued that other circumstances, such as social and economic conditions, were the central factors which led to criminal behavior, regardless of race. Du Bois traced the causes of the disproportional representation of Blacks in the criminal justice system back to the improperly handled emancipation of Black slaves in general and the convict leasing program in particular.”

If we superficially focus on ambiguous numbers only, we likely can find whatever conclusions our biases want to see.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

If we superficially focus on ambiguous numbers only, we likely can find whatever conclusions our biases want to see.

If you check the title of the thread, it appears white women are completely immune from consideration, so there are already biases in place. The OP is actually saying “non whites as an aggregate commit more crimes than half the white population”, which both fits in with niceman’s known biases, and greatly skews the data.

The most sensible of the causitive theores are Modern Conflict Theories. Ie not the old Marxist theories that take a macro view of society and try to conform individuls to fit that view, but instead the modern ones which look at individuals and how the socio-economic conditions around them pull them in different directions and greatly influence their behavior.

Toss race aside for a moment, and look at the distribution of recorded crime relating to poverty levels. You are going to find a strong correlation. Poorer neighborhoods having much more street crime than more affluent neighborhoods.

Race is involved yes, but only from a historical socio-economic perspective. It’s because of a person’s race that our culture has treated them a certain way. Their behavior and economic status is in response to that treatment. It has nothing to do with the concentration of the chemical melanin in their tissues, which is what determines skin color. Melanin has zero effect on the brain, so it is not affecting behavior one iota. It’s all about external treatment over lifetimes because of the perception of others, to the point where it has become a self-perpetuating system.

Flag Post

so what ur saying is that all black ppl r criminals bkuz their poor?

lol thats racist

Flag Post

Are all black people poor Crow? Or is that just your own biased thought process at work?

Flag Post

@Vika, that was a mistake, i meant “Human” let me fix that.
@Vika Again: I just skimmed through the statistics, but SD is mainly focused on the posters after the OP.
@Vika AGAIN: Women cause MUCH less crime anyway, and have you ever heard of a woman doing a giant mass murder?
@karmakoolkid Well, with that remark by Kellor, Sellin, and Du Bois, that doesn’t seem crazy. I know many immigrants are usually faced with economical problems, and a huge amount of school shootings, University/College shotings were all because the person was socially denied or bullied.
@CROW: Go back to OT, you’re drunk.

Flag Post

Any source on women doing “much” less crime? Especially the low-level street crime you’re talking about? Dig through whatever actual statistics you have on criminal activity distributions in inner city slums. I suspect you’ll be quite surprised.

Still, thanks for changing the OP. I presumed it was intentional you putting ‘white men’ versus ‘all non whites’. I apologise for that.

Flag Post

women commit more crimes than men but they dont get arrested bkuz women get special treatment in the judicial system #mensrights #stopoppressingmen

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Any source on women doing “much” less crime? Especially the low-level street crime you’re talking about? Dig through whatever actual statistics you have on criminal activity distributions in inner city slums. I suspect you’ll be quite surprised.

Still, thanks for changing the OP. I presumed it was intentional you putting ‘white men’ versus ‘all non whites’. I apologise for that.

its fine. Lemme put up a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_crime
Now, skimming through the article, I noticed that women were more likely to not be the victim in Drug/gang related crime, but more in Sexual matters and Domestic matters. The Offenders for homicide were men, 90% of men were homicide offenders. You can look further in, but thats the basics.

Males committed the vast majority of homicides in the United States at that time, representing 90% of the total number of offenders.2
Young adult black males had the highest homicide offending rate compared to offenders in other racial and sex categories.3
White females of all ages had the lowest offending rates of any racial or age groups.4
The overall offending rates for both males and females have declined since 1990.5
Of children under age 5 killed by a parent, the rate for biological fathers was slightly higher than for biological mothers.6
However, of children under 5 killed by someone other than their parent, 80% were killed by males

P.S: this one is pretty good too: http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/who_commits_crime.htm
@FakeCROW: Women getting special treatment? When? Its well known that Men are more physical because of their Testosterone, and are usually more muscular than women. (via: common sense) Women are more emotional, and they would probably be more of a breakdown when they get angry. Sure, there is the common slap or the little baby punches, but other than that, they dont cause much crime (aside shop lifting)

Flag Post

Looks like I have to retract my statement and apologise again, niceman. It looks like the closing gap between the genders is just a recent thing. Thank you for your sources.

(Source)

Interestingly as this source puts it (better than I would have, [be warned it be a pdf]): For example, where female crime most closely approximates to male crime is in relation to shop-lifting and it’s no coincidence that in this area of their social lives women have similar opportunities for crime to men.

It’s opportunity based. "In areas where females have similar opportunities to men they appear as likely to break laws” (No shit, Sherlock!)

So as opportunities for women level out the same as they are for men, the percentage of female crime will grow above it’s apparent 20% current ceiling (which is rather low considering actual behavior). I do wonder if Crow has a point though. I wonder how many crimes go unreported because the witness’ libedo gets in the way of rational judgement?

Flag Post

I question the “validity” of most any study that has such a limited dichotomy as non “white” humans and “white” humans.

After all, just what defines a person as being “white”?

With all of the inbreeding of the various races (just in the U.S.), just how exclusive can “white” be?

Maybe we should ask these assholes. It appears they believe they have all the answers regarding this issue. However, they might be a weeeebit shocked to know how they code-out genetically.

These boys & girls tend to have their own version of what constitutes a real human being. Yet, I can’t help but wonder just “who” is in their genetic background, also.

Flag Post

karma, while that is a hard question, you can determine “white” by many things. Here is a prime example:
See your profile picture? The Gallardo (Or Aventador) is white. The mountains in the background are brown-ish. But, the problem is, like you said, that someone can be white but can be Indian or something. This here should answer your question.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people

Flag Post

Sorry for double post, but @Vika:
The funny thing about this is if you check the Offenders arrested in 2012, it shows Whites were arrested MUCH more than Blacks and Indian Americans. But we gotta remember, that Whites are also listed with Latinos/Hispanic. Kinda interesting. But Blacks have the highest Homicide rate. They have pretty high crime rates in general. Anyways, coming back to your topic. It does seem like other races/sex do get away with murder (sometimes literally) especially races/sex who were “hated” (ex. Blacks, Women, Indians, pretty much everyone except Whites back in the 60’s.) Although this can be false (this is accusation by me, and that doesn’t go well) See the Black Offenders Arrested (2.64 million) which is 28.1 of all arrested (as of 2012) quite interesting, I’d say.

Flag Post
Originally posted by niceman555:

karma, while that is a hard question, you can determine “white” by many things. Here is a prime example:
See your profile picture? The Gallardo (Or Aventador) is white. The mountains in the background are brown-ish. But, the problem is, like you said, that someone can be white but can be Indian or something. This here should answer your question.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people

First: we aren’t talking about cars & mountains….we are talking about ppl and what genetics make them “white”. You know, how you are forming your OP.

Second: it appears that you really didn’t understand my point. Finding a link that fails to include the genetic concept is wantonly lacking. But, this leaves you w/ only CULTURAL difference [see below]…..which is so ambiguous when trying to ascribe causal effects regarding “criminal” activity by groups of ppl that are extremely loosely identifiable by something as arbitrary as “color”

Third: I see those who try to pass this bullshit off as something of merit as nothing less that the egoism Hitler displayed.

I think all of the above is bourn out by this link

“As it turns out, we all share 99.99 percent of the same genetic code — no matter our race — a fact that, geneticist J. Craig Venter claimed, proves that race is a “social concept, not a scientific one…. that goes back much further and is much more complicated than many people think..”

“Salon spoke to Painter over the phone, about the meaning of “Caucasian,” America’s obsession with racial difference, and the real meaning of ‘Stuff White People Like’.”

From the link talking about the list of ‘Stuff White People Like’: “Stuff White People Like is a satirical blog about a particular segment of Caucasian culture. It’s like an extended “you might be a redneck if” joke recast for a more upscale set. It gently mocks the habits and pretensions of urbane, educated, left-leaning whites, skewering their passion for Barack Obama and public transportation (as long as it’s not a bus), their idle threats to move to Canada, and joy in playing children’s games as adults. Kickball, anyone? (A list of the white stuff is here.)”

To me, that author has it reversed about which “political” group is concerned about who is “White” and what defines them. My life long observations lead me to believe that it is those “redneck”, conservatives who are the ones making the (negative?) issue out of it. All that link about what “defines” being White is nothing more than a lot of CULTRURAL bullshit about what makes the various “colors” of groups of ppl. some sort of meaningful significance.

The real question about which CULTURAL group is committing more crimes should be WHY crime is being committed in the first place…from within or without any particular ethnic/cultural demographics.

Flag Post

Karma, you are splitting hairs, the point is that the lighter your skin, the less crimes you commit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sportsmaster19:

Karma, you are splitting hairs, the point is that the lighter your skin, the less crimes you commit.

LOL…..you didn’t say THAT, now didgya?
Perhaps you want to rephrase it?
I know I would….hint..hint.

Flag Post

The amount of melanin in your skin has no bearing on who you are. It is a skin-only compound; there are no receptors for it anywhere in the central or peripheral nervous system. I could forcibly inject you with a melanin production overdrive drug, and your skin would darken. It wouldn’t change who you are one iota: You’d just be the same person you are now, but with darker skin.

There goes that hypothesis.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

The amount of melanin in your skin has no bearing on who you are. It is a skin-only compound; there are no receptors for it anywhere in the central or peripheral nervous system. I could forcibly inject you with a melanin production overdrive drug, and your skin would darken. It wouldn’t change who you are one iota: You’d just be the same person you are now, but with darker skin.

There goes that hypothesis.

Ok Vika, explain why most crimes are comitted by black people, explain why the gang population is nearly entirely black. Why don’t you explain why the repulsive media defines every white on black crime a hate crime, but when a black person commits a crime they don’t even mention the race. What about the coddling of black people and acceptance of the worldstar, gang culture and the inability to even mention the black race, and the villifying of white people? I would like you to explain that.

Flag Post

Ok Vika, explain why most crimes are comitted by black people, explain why the gang population is nearly entirely black. Why don’t you explain why the repulsive media defines every white on black crime a hate crime, but when a black person commits a crime they don’t even mention the race. What about the coddling of black people and acceptance of the worldstar, gang culture and the inability to even mention the black race, and the villifying of white people? I would like you to explain that.

Treating a race like shit and not giving them equal opportunities for a while kinda leads to that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoneLucas:

Treating a race like shit and not giving them equal opportunities for a while kinda leads to that.

Right, blame everything on whitey, everything is our fault. Absolutely no responsibility for their actions, if a black guy kills a white guy, it is white guys fault because priviledge. It does not excuse the worldstar/ my nigga culture of complete ignorance, violence and burdening of society.

Flag Post

Racial identity is purely a cultural thing. It is the culture a person is exposed to over the course of their life that shapes their behavior. Nurture over nature. The fact that not all those who feel continually oppressed lash out is testament to the power of nature in the equation. It’s based heavily on individual personality in that regard.

So as our overall culture pursecutes (or historically persecuted) those with a given racial characteristic, it altered how they viewed the world, just as much as the world at large altered how it treated them. This became a sub-culture in and of itself. We’re still reaping the harvest we sowed in that regard.

People with different colors of skin are intrinsically no more or less likely to commit crimes, any more than different genders are more or likely to commit crimes given the same opportunities and incentives to do so. That was the crux of my whole gender argument above. In the end the data fell on my side in recent history and against my argument historically. It is only as the cultural view of men and women becomes more normalised that crime rates between the genders become very similar.

Exactly the same thing will happen with any other racial marker (yes, gender is technically a racial marker by the definition of the term). If we stop expecting every person of a certain color is going to be a criminal, then as the cultural changes filter through, less people of that color will grow up knowing society expects them to behave like criminals. (If you’re gonna do the time, you might as well do the crime.) In turn fewer and fewer will turn to crime as other avenues become more accessible.

In summation:

This whole mess is culturally driven. It has nothing to do with the innate tendancies of the individuals and everything to do with the social and cultural expectations projected onto them. Eventually that becomes a self-perpetuating cycle.

Flag Post

Yes….SELF-PERPETUATING CYCLE.

A young Black male gets into some shit-petty crime (shop lifting….joyriding a “borrowed” car) and gets the book thrown at him….just to “help set him straight” about the perils of crime FOR A BLACK MAN. Ya know, that “element” that needs a bit of extra oversight.

We all know that White kids get a slap on the wrist and have their record expunged at the earliest opportunity.

But, the Black kid has this record hung around his neck no less deadly than were it a rope. He now can’t get decent employment. He now earns shit money. He now views serious crime as both a way to obtain money/NECESSITIES….AND, to “get even” w/ a society that has so graciously shit on his life.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Yes….SELF-PERPETUATING CYCLE.

A young Black male gets into some shit-petty crime (shop lifting….joyriding a “borrowed” car) and gets the book thrown at him….just to “help set him straight” about the perils of crime FOR A BLACK MAN. Ya know, that “element” that needs a bit of extra oversight.

We all know that White kids get a slap on the wrist and have their record expunged at the earliest opportunity.

But, the Black kid has this record hung around his neck no less deadly than were it a rope. He now can’t get decent employment. He now earns shit money. He now views serious crime as both a way to obtain money/NECESSITIES….AND, to “get even” w/ a society that has so graciously shit on his life.

Again with the coddling of black people. Stealing a car is a petty crime? Why should a guy who steals a car not get in serious shit? Why can’t they just behave. Don’t steal shit, don’t break the law, instead of complaning about the white man keeping you down, do something about it. Band together in your community and clean it up. IF you already have 4 kids with 3 different fathers, why would you be making more kids to starve and neglect. Take responsibility, quit doing illegal shit and maybe you can improve the lives and stereotypes of black people, but instead they just blame white people and drop out of school to be “about dat life”, and we are all supposed to just accept it and take the blame. Whenever you bring this up you just get labelled a racist and people just dismiss you, and we all are just supposed to talk about how the bad white man is responsible for the black kid breaking into a house and murdering a man in his home.

Flag Post

LOL….the basic mantra of the conservative racist….who isn’t able to see/get past the extremely SUPERFICIALITY of that cognitive capacity applied to a problem that has more to do w/ CULTURE than w/ race.

Ya do know this same scenario applies to WHITES just as much (well, perhaps a weeebit less…..but then, RACISM must be included here) as it does to “non-whites”.

But, I suppose it is much easier to listen to pied pipers that bleat out a tune that the racist mind can tap its hatful foot to. Such is what they try to pass as having a good comprehensive picture of the entirety of a very large & complex issue.