Parallel Universes

34 posts

Flag Post

Parallel Universes

Scientists have come up with the theory of Parallel Universes. Any time we make a choice we create an alternate universe! So that means this morning when you chose to put milk in your serial, somewhere far away someone, just like you, put water in their serial!
I have been thinking about this a lot lately whenever I make a choice. Like the other day, I chose to flick my fried in the face; He laughed but, then i thought," Oh shit somewhere out there i flicked my friend in the face and he might have killed me instead of laughing!!
My point is, now I’m all sketched out that all of my actions are being controlled by someone else and I’m just doing the opposite of what they do O.O

What do you guys think about this, how many parallel universes do you think you have created today alone???

BTW You just made one in the past 10 minutes by deciding to read this thread O.o

Flag Post
Originally posted by CaptMilkshake:

Scientists have come up with the theory of Parallel Universes.

No they didn’t.

now I’m all sketched out that all of my actions are being controlled by someone else and I’m just doing the opposite of what they do

You’re not; you’re being a contrarian asshole and doing everything differently.

What do you guys think about this,

It’s completely hypothetical but I like to think it’s true because it’s kinda cool.

Also hypothetically is the omniverse, where you have universes that follow other laws of physics.

how many parallel universes do you think you have created today alone???

Hypothetically infinite.

Flag Post

What do you guys think about this, how many parallel universes do you think you have created today alone???

Based on today’s experience, not many. Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

No they didn’t.

now I’m all sketched out that all of my actions are being controlled by someone else and I’m just doing the opposite of what they do

You’re not; you’re being a contrarian asshole and doing everything differently.

What do you guys think about this,

It’s completely hypothetical but I like to think it’s true because it’s kinda cool.

Also hypothetically is the omniverse, where you have universes that follow other laws of physics.

how many parallel universes do you think you have created today alone???

Hypothetically infinite.

Prove that they didn’t

Who are you to say that I’m not because I am…. your the asshole…

Stop acting like you know everything because you dont :p

Originally posted by beauval:

Based on today’s experience, not many. Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Thats kinda lame :/
btw: ty for giving my an answer that doesn’t involve you bein a dick to me :)

Flag Post
Prove that they didn’t

Because there isn’t actual evidence supporting the hypothesis of parallel universes existing, thus they cannot create (especially not “come up with”) a theory about parallel universes.

Who are you to say that I’m not because I am…. your the asshole…

You’re*, and your first ellipses have one too many periods and your second one is grammatically incorrect.

It’s called a joke.

Stop acting like you know everything because you dont :p

I do in an alternate universe.

Flag Post

My guess is you’re taliking about Many Worlds which is a set of theories (based on roughly the same data) for the more esoteric functions of quantum mechanics. It provides no data for the existence of multiple realities. It admits they could be possible if the additional data theoried is found. That’s about the extent of it, relative to your claim.

Flag Post

Parallel Universes

Scientists have come up with the theory of Parallel Universes. Any time we make a choice we create an alternate universe! So that means this morning when you chose to put milk in your serial, somewhere far away someone, just like you, put water in their serial!
I have been thinking about this a lot lately whenever I make a choice. Like the other day, I chose to flick my fried in the face; He laughed but, then i thought," Oh shit somewhere out there i flicked my friend in the face and he might have killed me instead of laughing!!
My point is, now I’m all sketched out that all of my actions are being controlled by someone else and I’m just doing the opposite of what they do O.O

BTW You just made one in the past 10 minutes by deciding to read this thread O.o

Even if Parallel Universes were to exist, we would probably never be able to discover/see/access them.

And like vika said, these are just a bunch of theories with no data nor evidence whatsoever.

Flag Post

The most stupid theory about multi-verses (not parallel universes) is:

there exist universe with anything one can think of.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yeasy:

The most stupid theory about multi-verses (not parallel universes) is:

there exist universe with anything one can think of.

Ya’re probably right.
It appears you are the go-to guy on stupid theories.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

My guess is you’re taliking about Many Worlds which is a set of theories (based on roughly the same data) for the more esoteric functions of quantum mechanics. It provides no data for the existence of multiple realities. It admits they could be possible if the additional data theoried is found. That’s about the extent of it, relative to your claim.

/thread

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
I can make a theory of anything and it doesn’t matter if its true or not

Providing all the available evidence supports your theory, yes. If there is no evidence, then as tenco points out you have a hypothesis.

If any evidence disagrees with your theory – even a single piece – you have to amend your theory if possible to support the new evidence, or if you cannot do that you discard the theory as wrong.

Flag Post

My two penneth. The notion of previous and/or subsequent universes is fine, the notion of several other distinct universes is fine, but the many-worlds theory sux because it’s a sprawling mess. There’s no evidence for it, it’s a dodgy way of solving one or two big physics problems, and the only reason it’s popular is because everyone can easily grasp it and it provokes obvious rom-com-type ideas, such as “ooh, in a parallel universe I married a different person”.

Flag Post

You jokes aren’t funny……………..

he’s far more entertaining than you are.

Ellipsis is treatable you know. we’ve made tremendous advances in grammar.

Flag Post

I have a bumper sticker that sez: In my other universe, I’m rich, handsome, and have a large harem…(and sure as hell don’t drive a piece of shit like this one).

Flag Post

If we’re following this insanity to its logical conclusion Karma, then several versions of you are members of that harem.

Originally posted by Cocklecarrot:

the many-worlds theory sux because it’s a sprawling mess. There’s no evidence for it, it’s a dodgy way of solving one or two big physics problems, and the only reason it’s popular is because everyone can easily grasp it and it provokes obvious rom-com-type ideas, such as “ooh, in a parallel universe I married a different person”.

The bit that makes me laugh is how it’s been floating about in one form or another for over fifty years, so why is it suddenly so popular now? Did a pop-sci rag just cover it or something?

The evidence certainly hasn’t changed, so it’s not that.

Flag Post

Then go on, prove my theory stupid (false).

1. You didn’t pose a theory. Not even a hypothesis. How can anyone disprove one when you haven’t made it?

2. A theory is not stupid just because it has been disproven. With that attitude you’ll never get very far in any scientific or engineering discipline. It became a theory because it had boatloads of evidence backing it up. It was sound and solid, and most likely one of the most sensible ways of explaining a phenomenon we had at the time. It was only when new data that disagreed with it was found, that the theory had to be tossed.

Saying that, using the many worlds theories as proof of alternate universes is stupid, yes, because you’re trying to use the theories in ways they were not intended, and applying them where there is no data to support them. They are postulates, nothing more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Then go on, prove my theory stupid (false).

1. You didn’t pose a theory. Not even a hypothesis. How can anyone disprove one when you haven’t made it?

That’s the point ;)

I don’t think it’s necessary to reply on second point. Karma just requires special treatment for his attitude.
There’re more ‘baits’ than ‘claims’.

Flag Post

Rule of thumb for SD, Yeasy: Attack the argument, not the person. Attack the thought process around the argument and question what the person is doing that leads to that line of thinking. But don’t hurl abuse or direct unrelated insults at the person themselves.