Children

31 posts

Flag Post

There are 3 types of children.
1. The good ones that respect their elders
2. The little bratty ones that don’t know their place. (these are often the ones you see cursing on the playground in kindergarten)
3. The kids that cry over the littlest things.

So in my experience, the type 2 kids are the way they are because their parents don’t disciplin them enough and they get their way all the time.
The type 3 kids are babied by their parents. For example, when they fall off their bake (the skin is barely scratched) they freak out screaming and the mom or dad rush to him and cuddle him till he stop crying.
Type 1 kids are perfect i have nothing to say about them.

How should these parents change to better their kids attitude.
I think the parents of the type 2 kids should be more stern and learn to tell their kids no. Yes I know its not alwase that easy but, they need to hear it or they will grow up thinking that everything they want will just be handed to them.
The parents of the type 2 kids need too… well this picture says it all.

So what do you think about these kids? How should their attitude be handled?

Flag Post

Has anyone ever told you that all generalizations are false?

Respecting elders doesn’t automatically make them well behaved, and being well behaved doesn’t mean they’ll always respect those older than them. It’s stupid to respect people solely for having been alive longer – my third grade teacher lied that I misbehaved to punish me because she didn’t like me, should I have respected her?

2. The little bratty ones that don’t know their place. (these are often the ones you see cursing on the playground in kindergarten)

I’m not seeing the connection between “not knowing their place” and using swears. What does knowing one’s place even mean? Children aren’t any less people than adults, they just don’t have the maturity, knowledge, and experience. It’s not as if they are a sub class of human.

Depends on the age.

You must be/have been a type 2 kid, because you’re sound fairly pretentious.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kasic:

Has anyone ever told you that all generalizations are false?

Respecting elders doesn’t automatically make them well behaved, and being well behaved doesn’t mean they’ll always respect those older than them. It’s stupid to respect people solely for having been alive longer – my third grade teacher lied that I misbehaved to punish me because she didn’t like me, should I have respected her?

I’m not seeing the connection between “not knowing their place” and using swears. What does knowing one’s place even mean? Children aren’t any less people than adults, they just don’t have the maturity, knowledge, and experience. It’s not as if they are a sub class of human.

Depends on the age.

You must be/have been a type 2 kid, because you’re sound fairly pretentious.

All generalizations aren’t false. Watch, all dragons are fake and never really existed :P

Why are you nit picking everything i say :P you are making assumptions to further you point. Stop because your wrong. By elders i didn’t mean the people that are older then them i ment their parents, grandparents, the people they SHOULD respect. Obviously nobody solely respects someone because their older.

Well sorry i never anticipated for everyone to understand what im saying. You right they dont have the maturity, knowledge or experience so they ARE less than adults. The adults gave life to that child so in the end shouldn’t that have the final say over the kids until that child is an adult and can think for themselves. I never said they were a sub class of human but in many countries they are look as less then the adults. If this wasn’t true the kids would get an equal say as the parents but, they dont.

I mostly agree with you on the type 3 kids but, there alwase are acceptations.

Yet more assumptions. I just see that the type one kids act as though kids should act. Well manered, polite, and quiet.

From what you have said you a quite judgmental. I’m not saying that I’m not but perhaps its a trait you should work on. It seams as though it is to the point that you didn’t even answer what I said in my original post. You just criticized it. :P

Flag Post

Captain, you haven’t told us which type you are.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by beauval:

Captain, you haven’t told us which type you are.

I was a type 3 for a little bit till my mom straightened me out and a type 1 for 95% of my time. I knew and still know that if I’m not a type 1, I would get my ass kicked :P

Originally posted by Jantonaitis:
So what do you think about these kids? How should their attitude be handled?

I think 13 year old children should get their parent’s permission before writing pretentious diatribes on the internet.

That’s your opinion and you are entitled to it :P oh diatribe big word for someone like you :P I’m not attacking anyone. I’m just stating my opinion on children. I respected your opinion now i expect that you respect mine without attacking it.

PS: im 14. If your going to attempt to insult someone, get your facts right.

Flag Post

You have to say you’re 14 because Kong doesn’t allow anyone younger to make an account. Two weeks ago you tried to get karma to repost a comment where you admitted to being 13. Frankly, the fact that you thought Karma would help you out shows such a lack of common sense I’m now convinced Kong knew what it was doing when it made that rule.

Flag Post

In my opinion, there are more than 3 types. And over 90% percent of children these days arent even real kids anymore.

Flag Post

You have to say you’re 14 because Kong doesn’t allow anyone younger to make an account. Two weeks ago you tried to get karma to repost a comment where you admitted to being 13. Frankly, the fact that you thought Karma would help you out shows such a lack of common sense I’m now convinced Kong knew what it was doing when it made that rule.

His birthday wasn’t even two weeks ago

Flag Post

There’s no way to know that.

Flag Post

I personally know him, but you are right. You have no reason to believe me. I admit I started on Kong when I was 12, no harm, no foul though.

Flag Post

Naw, I believe you. I thought you were looking at his profile creation date.

Flag Post

Nah, lol

Flag Post

Well i find it funny as shit that you haven’t taken into consideration of birthdays :P my birthday is Jully 19, 2000 :P I’m 14 you dumb shit…. once again get your facts right.

Originally posted by HitmanPwner:

In my opinion, there are more than 3 types. And over 90% percent of children these days arent even real kids anymore.

I kinda agree with all of the exposure of the internet and all of the info it holds. They are learning too many things too young.

I have known hitman for a long time he knows more about me than most of the kids at my school :P Most of em.

Flag Post

All I’ve learned so far is I hate arguing with children.

I have known hitman for a long time he knows more about me than most of the kids at my school :P Most of em.

poor bastard.

Flag Post

poor bastard.

Thank you

Flag Post
Originally posted by HitmanPwner:

poor bastard.

Thank you

Lols whatever Hitman :P

Jan you can keep being a stuck up prick but, it wont get you anywhere in life :P

Flag Post

Back to the topic, why are kids so messed up these days?

Flag Post
why are kids so messed up these days?

They aren’t. At least, not any more than any other time in history. Probably less messed up given our relative standards of living and grasp of psychology. /thread.

Flag Post

The question is of course why you believe respect for your elders is the sole way of judging whatever a kid is well behaved or not. For example what about respect for those younger then him/her (if a schoolyard respects his grandparents does that suddenly make him a well behaved kid?). And what is “respect” here anyway? Is it your choice of words heavily implicated by the word choice of those around you? Or is it the action you take? The believe I always had since I was 12 is that all people deserve equal respect until they have showed me why they have earned more or less. That means that I will show the same respect (or lack of it’s a bit of a mix) towards 80+ as towards 8-. Of course they have different ways by which they can earn respect (if you are 80+ and have stories of past baddassery then you will easily get respect a 8 year old can get respect by for example beating me at chess).

Flag Post
Originally posted by CaptMilkshake:

Is this your own theory, please? I did a little digging, and cannot find any academic resources claiming the same as what you are claiming. Since this is essentially child psychology, academic resources seemed the best place to look.

This was the closest I could find to what you are claiming:

• Easy or flexible children are generally calm, happy, regular in sleeping and eating habits, adaptable, and not easily upset. Because of their easy style, parents need to set aside special times to talk about the child’s frustrations and hurts because he or she won’t demand or ask for it. This intentional communication will be necessary to strengthen your relationship and find out what your child is thinking and feeling.
  • Difficult, active, or feisty children are often fussy, irregular in feeding and sleeping habits, fearful of new people and situations, easily upset by noise and commotion, high strung, and intense in their reactions. Providing areas for vigorous play to work off stored up energy and frustrations with some freedom of choice allow these children to be successful. Preparing these children for activity changes and using redirection will help these children transition (move or change) from one place to another.
  • Slow to warm up or cautious children are relatively inactive and fussy, tend to withdraw or to react negatively to new situations, but their reactions gradually become more positive with continuous exposure. Sticking to a routine and your word, along with allowing ample time to establish relationships in new situations, are necessary to allow independence to unfold.

It’s not saying the same that you are, but it is close. The difference is in the details, and if it is the view you’re referencing, I think you may have misunderstood what they are trying to say.

You view it from the child’s developmental perspective, not from whether they ‘respect their elders’ or not. That metric is too generic, and doesn’t actually cover the development of the child’s mind, but just how they appear to a casual outsider. It doesn’t tell you what’s really going on, or how best to work with them.

Flag Post

Another thing to take into consideration is a child may have more than one of the types or somewhat all that you listed. 1. I was sort of like that. I was respectful of others. 2. I have witnessed and have dealt with those type of children countless times, it’s sometimes almost unbearable. 3. They can be quite irritating. I could go on for hours with this type. But all in all, these types can vary in many ways; a child could be respectful, but cry over a lot of things, another could be bratty to their family, but respectful to others. Another child could be very respectful to others, yet cry over the littlest things. And lastly, a child could possibly somewhat harbor all of the types. The child that contains a great amount of stubbornness, I really get irritated with. Whether it be they’re picky about things, not eating their food, complaining about a lot of things, being ungrateful about things you do for them. Things of that nature. Another thing to take into consideration is that children shouldn’t be categorized by these three types. There’s much more to a child than that. I envy children, really. I am so fond of the innocence that most have, and the joy and the carefree environments they go through. They’re quite fascinating.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CaptMilkshake:

Well i find it funny as shit that you haven’t taken into consideration of birthdays :P my birthday is Jully 19, 2000 :P I’m 14 you dumb shit…. once again get your facts right.

Thought you were type 1? That sentence seems to contradict your earlier declaration of being respectful to elders

Flag Post

To be fair, a kid can seem respectful to adults and still do terrible things while the adults aren’t looking.
After a certain point in development they can learn to become manipulative and deceitful little {bleeps}

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator