Why do the liberal Democrats want to take guns away from Americans? page 224

5861 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

You’re still not answering my question posed above.

And also, you don’t need to get insulting and use language. You really don’t like it when someone disagrees with you, do you?

Flag Post

You know how I know, so let it drop.

Flag Post

No thank you. And the fact of the matter is, unless you’ve served with someone and seen their paperwork/file, there is no way for you to know. I don’t know why that is so hard for you to understand.

Flag Post

I talk to lots of veterans all of the time, so it’s fair to say I have a much broader perspective on it than you do. It is part of my job now, after all.

It seems we have a communication problem. I’ll try to explain a last time:

Unless you have access to a veteran’s file, you have no idea what they have been through and whether they are classified as a “combat” veteran or not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

One of my friends was killed and it wasn’t in combat. He got sucked into the intake of an F-106. Another was plastered on the ceiling of a hanger when he pulled the wrong levers on an ejector seat. Turns out they have a lot of powder in those things.

Ya know….I’m gonna have to call TOTAL BULLSHIT on those two. Very “magical” that he has a “friend” who has something happen to them that is extreeeeeeeeemly RARE.
Very stoooooopid of engineers to have an ejection seat so easily “pulled wrong levers”. Even reserve parachutes have ajustable altimiters that are set to open automatically at a specified height. I’d have to say that a multimillion dollar aircraft would have something that wouldn’t allow the ES to activate until the plane was above a particular altitude.

I’m begining to think that a whoooole lot of what he tells us about particular things,,esp. PERSONAL ones,,is nothing more than: I’ll say this because it would make my point sound sooooo much better. Does he “lie”? No, he just doesn’t think much of the truth and doesn’t let it get in the way of his “fun”.

AND, per usual, he’s allowing his “need” to be “right” create a very narrow-minded concept of just what being a “verteran” actually is. He will totally ignore anything that doesn’t correlate correctly w/ his viewpoint. That’s just how it is w/ him….we’ve seen this faaaaar too many times to be any at all “surprised” by it.

Flag Post

You would Karma. You know nothing about me

NOTHING? lol I do know exactly whay YOU have presented on this forum…and, I don’t like most of it.

… nothing of my military service, absolutely nothing.
Again…WRONG. I know SOMETHING: the thing YOU have told us. BUT, as I stated…I think a lot of it is pure BULLSHIT.
but yet you jack your jaw like you are so knowledgeable about everything
This is merely how YOU see it. Which, as been abundantly demonstrated by YOU that how YOU “see” things is very “off”,,,yet YOU present it as being ALL-KNOWING.

and you are just an old man on a game forum hoping to stir up anything people will let you be a part of…pathetic.

LOL….yup, an insult is a good way to win. Good grief, man…THAT is why I say I’m very concerned when SOME ppl are allowed to carry around guns. THAT is exactly the point a goot many on this forum are making and YOU only serve to prove their position w/ innane crap like that…among others.

You assume. The real answer is, those seats are active all of the time and the only thing that keeps a person from firing them on the ground is a pin.

SO…this dood pulled BOTH the locking pin AND the lever? I’d say that was merely Nature doing a gene pool cleaning. PLUS, just how stupid is it to NOT HAVE a safefy system built into a plane ON THE GROUND?

I will agree it is rare, but it happened.

RARE? It shouldn’t have happened in the first place. If it did, why wouldn’t a correction have been made…utterly stooopid?

I will give you all a treat. This was my squadron and this is where I was in 1969.

A “real treat” from YOU would be a much better response system from ya on this forum.

And Twilight, our conversation is over. I don’t want to talk to someone who thinks they are the last word in military affairs. I’m surprised you and Vika aren’t at the pentagon showing those generals how to run things.

Well, it is NO surprise that YOU now resort to such “logic” to stop having YOUR points shredded. It is extreeeemly obvious that YOU are totally distorting what they (esp. Ninj) are presenting.

Flag Post
And Twilight, our conversation is over.

Fine with me, since you can’t be bothered by either logic or proof.

I don’t want to talk to someone who thinks they are the last word in military affairs. .

When did I ever say I was the last word in military affairs? Oh yeah, never. I just had a piece of information you didn’t want to hear, so after various diversion and shaming tactics you finally threw a temper tantrum. Unless you want a several page argument with people, you should probably keep your pieces of misinformation to yourself next time. If you can’t take the heat of serious discussion get out of the kitchen.

I’m surprised you and Vika aren’t at the pentagon showing those generals how to run things.

What does this have to do with what either one of us were saying? Absolutely nothing. I will write it off as a troll attempt.

Flag Post

If the u.s. goverment banned guns, Big disater happed, How are we supposed to hunt? Chasing off the Starving wolf that killed our deer? I do not think so.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bobneson:

If the u.s. goverment banned guns, Big disater happed, How are we supposed to hunt?

Don’t? I mean, it isn’t like it would cause a wrold-wide famine or anything. (Though I still wouldn’t agree with the banning of guns entirely, partially because it would make the, reletively few, people who do have to hunt have a slightly harder time.)

Chasing off the Starving wolf that killed our deer? I do not think so.

You can always learn archery, you know.

EDIT: And wouldn’t the carcass of a deer still technically be good as long as it still had some meat left?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bobneson:

If the u.s. goverment banned guns, Big disater happed, How are we supposed to hunt? Chasing off the Starving wolf that killed our deer? I do not think so.

Probably the same way cavemen once did it without guns…catching fish and clubbing things. Not that we should ban guns, but this seems like kind of a strange argument.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

EDIT: And wouldn’t the carcass of a deer still technically be good as long as it still had some meat left?

Slightly off topic here, but not really, no. A canine’s mouth has a veritible ecosystem of micro-organisms.

Since wolves and dogs are closely related (one came from the other), similar oral problems are present in both. In addition you simply don’t know where the wolf has been, and what it has been up to. Considering some of the diseases they could be carrying from their last meal, or through a genuine infection, I certainly would not wish to eat meat from a kill a wolf has left behind.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

True though, for the sake of argument, wouldn’t cooking the meat kill at least most of the bacteria?

Flag Post

According to the last Survivorman I was watching, it would. It sounds gross, but I think it would at least negate the deleterious effects of any diseases or worms it had present (kill them). Might have to be cooked more thoroughly, though. There comes a point at which old kill should be left alone though, I would think.

Flag Post

Emphasis on most.

You would have to be extremely careful when handling it whilst raw though. More so than usual, because you are fairly certain the meat is infected or diseased, rather than just treating it as normal kill.

Flag Post

Well it’s not sushi, that’s for sure. :-)

Flag Post

True though, for the sake of argument, wouldn’t cooking the meat kill at least most of the bacteria?

There are two concerns with rotten food. First, the bacteria themselves can cause infections and illness if you inject them. This you can mostly prevent by cooking. However there are also many species of bacteria that, in consuming meat, release poisonous substances from their bodies to deter competition. Cooking does not get rid of these poisons. This is why you cannot eat rotten meat, even if you heat it thoroughly.

Flag Post

Why are we discussing rotten food in a gun control thread? How did we get here? :) I will say this though. If you don’t take care of the meat you have taken you will end up with rancid meat. Also, I haven’t hunted for several years. The main reason is I’m getting too old to sleep on the hard ground, but a side reason is the wasting disease many of our deer are getting. It is a form of mad cow disease. I see no reason to take a chance of getting it.

Flag Post

Why are we discussing rotten food in a gun control thread?How did we get here? :)

Because Bob made a shitty pro-gun argument.

I will say this though. If you don’t take care of the meat you have taken you will end up with rancid meat.

Salt + refrigerator = success

Flag Post

You bet. I know a hunter that got an Elk close to dusk. by the time he found it, it was dark and he was alone. He walked out to camp with the intention of getting it in the morning and when he got back something had eaten a large portion of it.

Flag Post

You bet. I know a hunter that got an Elk close to dusk. by the time he found it, it was dark and he was alone. He walked out to camp with the intention of getting it in the morning and when he got back something had eaten a large portion of it.

Undeniable proof that bigfoot exists.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

Undeniable proof that bigfoot exists.

LOL! And hungry. Check this out, it is interesting to look at. http://www.bfro.net/