Why do the liberal Democrats want to take guns away from Americans? page 229

5864 posts

Flag Post

That news article would be a lot more meaningful if you weren’t trying to compare the USA to South Freaking Africa.

From the article:

“Violent crime is rampant,” says [a guide book], “lots of guns” another.

Violent crime and lots of guns. Are you trying to defeat your own point?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:
Although gun-grabbers like to bash the US with more gun crime than England and Wales, neither country is anywhere near other countries.

Dude, what? England borders Scotland and is quite close to France. Not sure what you’re on about here.

LOL….w/ jake-o, ya gotta read his “mind” a lot.
He means near in statistics,,,
not geography.
Ya’d think a college grad could do better….lol
Yeah, yeah….I’m one to talk.
But, I do mine ON PURPOSE.
But ya already “new” that,,,,
I’ve shown it a lot on this “sight”.

Flag Post

I found this information interesting. Machine guns are called Class III firearms. It seems these are the steps involved in purchasing one.

1) you have to have an FFL to start

2) you have to apply for the SOT (special occupation tax) category also known as Class III license.

3) in order to be eligible for the SOT, you have to prove that you are in the business of selling Class III firearms, so you can’t just be a buyer. You have to sell as well.

4) in addition to the above, you have to get a letter from the local LE that requests a Demo of Class III arms.

5) the tax is $500 per year.

6) typical anal reaming background checks apply

7) apparently there is also some kind of interview with the ATF you have to go through.

Flag Post

You have to go through a bunch of similar stuff to just own one, apparently.
It’s also funny to note that trusts and corporations can legally own Class III’s. Not sure what either one would do with one of those.

Flag Post

Me either. It seems like overkill on security. I noticed the tax stamp has gone up $300 since the last time I saw a list of requirements. More regulations to buy one and from what I understand you can’t buy one manufactured after a certain date. Whether this includes the trusts and corps or not I’m not sure.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

I found this information interesting.

And I’m going to give it my usual gain of salt for your usual lack of links, or direction to a source.

I’m very predictable, you know.

Me either. It seems like overkill on security.

Ya think?

I noticed the tax stamp has gone up $300 since the last time I saw a list of requirements. More regulations to buy one and from what I understand you can’t buy one manufactured after a certain date. Whether this includes the trusts and corps or not I’m not sure.

And I honestly don’t think this is a big problem. lIke, at all.

Flag Post

Tenco, why did you bother to post?

Flag Post

I could ask the same of you.

Wait…

Flag Post

What has putting some facts on this thread got to do with slander?

Flag Post

What has putting some facts on this thread got to do with slander?

No I was talking about the one I was replying to.

… This one.

Flag Post

Okay, sorry. It still wasn’t slander though.

Flag Post

Now that this thread is up, does anyone have any knowledge of the Civil War era? I have come into possession of some civil war artifacts and I can’t find any info on them. The biggest item is a cape coat. there are a couple of hat emblems with crossed swords and some other items, too many to list right now.

Flag Post

What kind of information do you need? Here’s a description:

http://www.quartermastershop.com/CW%20US%20Officer/us_officer_cloakcoat.html

Flag Post

I would like to narrow the date on the cape coat and emblems. This is the cache my son found south of here in the hoarder house. There is an ancient Waltham pocket watch with gold plating I would like to find more about. I may be able to ask my friend in Texas about that. there are three wooden boxes with the old square finger joints and two of them have decorations. There is an old leather bound photo album with brass clasps, and old Bible and a few other items.

A ink I hadn’t found. This cape is Calvary (North) blue and yellow lining.

The hat emblems look like this but have a regiment and unit number above and below. above is a 15 and below is a K. Oh, the two I have are clean brass.

Flag Post

LOL! I’m sorry but this struck me funny. I doubt the old man saw any humor in it.

Last week headline newspaper articles picked up on an incident here in UK. Police tasered a blind 64 year old man when they mistook his white cane for a Samurai sword.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

^ Damn what are those swords, fossilized?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

Yes…
They are fossilised swords….

Flag Post

It’s a die-cast brass cavalry pin, not a sword. At that scale, the rust and discoloration will cause a great deal of distortion.

They are faaaar too young to be fossilized swords. Made of the wrong materials too. Fossils form from hydroapatite (and a few other organic-derived compounds), not brass. The process takes a few million years under the right conditions.

Flag Post

Well, I did mean that comment more in jest. But I guess it didn’t come across so well in the written word :-)

Flag Post

LOL! I’m sorry but this struck me funny. I doubt the old man saw any humor in it.

Last week headline newspaper articles picked up on an incident here in UK. Police tasered a blind 64 year old man when they mistook his white cane for a Samurai sword.

Originally posted by Bobneson:

They mistook a white cane for a samuri sword? HAHAAHAHAHAAH

Having now read the news story…

The chap, apparently, fit the description of the person they were looking for – which is why they challenged him.

Being blind I suspect he had no idea they were actually challenging him.

There was no note of the time of day or the weather at the time but, if it was dark for example, at distance they could be forgiven for thinking a stick was maybe a sword (canesword/whatever).

That said, I didn’t see any reason for them to actually tase the guy… all we can say is thank god the police here, like the population, don’t routinely carry firearms otherwise the guy might well be dead rather than merely incapacitated (an in line for a hefty compensation payout).

Addendum… of course, it’s only our police who do stupid things… ok, too lazy to look for an example but I’m sure you can find them for yourself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

It’s a die-cast brass cavalry pin, not a sword. At that scale, the rust and discoloration will cause a great deal of distortion.

They are faaaar too young to be fossilized swords. Made of the wrong materials too. Fossils form from hydroapatite (and a few other organic-derived compounds), not brass. The process takes a few million years under the right conditions.

The pin I have is clean. In fact there are two of them. They have a 15 on top in the center and a K on the bottom iin the center. I’m pretty sure they are Calvary as we have some other items that support that supposition.

I understood your humor Twilight.

Flag Post

I myself hate it when people don’t get Sarcasm, Hear it from the king of Sarcasm(Me)

Flag Post

I’m fairly liberal, also an Infantryman in the Army. Definately against taking any guns away. I don’t think you should assume that all liberals are anti gun. I mean, Bush wanted to renew the assault weapons ban in 2004. Romney banned weapons in Massachusetts. That should tell you something right there.

Flag Post

Maybe, Stryker. But all the buzz (at least if you listen to some) seems to be with people “hoarding” weapons and ammo in anticipation of Obama outlawing firearms. I don’t think even if he wanted to that such a thing could happen.