College Bound JR'S SR'S

8 posts

Flag Post

I’m interested to hear what are some colleges people have had good experiences with. Including recreational and the general atmosphere of the college and its surroundings. Particularly colleges with a program for computer science and game theory, and maybe some suggested major minor compliments for computer science degree. There’s the well known colleges, but there are thousands of colleges out there and I’m interested in hearing what they have done for you.

[Edit] that really wasn’t a discussion question was it…

P.P.S Apparently this was my 1000th post…. yey? Maybe I talk to much…

Flag Post

by game theory, do you mean game theory, or like, making video games. because game theory is a math/econ field, just checking!

Flag Post

Well, I’m still just a junior, but I hear that University if Cincinnati is one of the better schools for that kind of thing, And I am even considering going there for some Computer related degree. (and it’s only a fifteen minute drive from my house)

Flag Post

I think one of the very best comp sci schools is Carnegie Melon. I have a friend who went there who is absolutely brilliant and had a fantastic experience. I personally went to Wake Forest University, which was a great school, but is definitely a liberal arts institution, meaning that while comp sci is pretty good, you’ll have a lot of (very good) non-comp sci classes as well. Also, it can be hard to find a niche if you don’t look like you should be in a J. Crew catalog there, but once you find it, it’s a great school.

Flag Post

The latter matt.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator