Newgrounds VS Kongregate (locked)

34 posts

Flag Post

A fight between Newgrounds and Kongregate. What site is the better game site??
YOU DECIDE!!!!

Flag Post

Use the edit button for God sake!!! and put all this 3 posts in just 1 please?

Well i never saw Newgrounds that close, just heard about it, so i can’t put too much stuff here… But just for Kongregate having a chat + game, it make receive a bonus for users here =D

Well, we just need some guides for creating flash games on the forum and we gone be alright =D

Flag Post

Yeah, I know

Flag Post

Already a thread like this: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2/topics/5145

Flag Post

ARE YOU PEOPLE OUT OF YOUR MIND???!!!NEWGROUNDS HAS THE BEST FLASH EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THATS FINAL!!!! :P

Flag Post

So much for lucid, clear, and compelling arguments in this thread, eh?

Flag Post

sigh… so true…

Flag Post

It’s heavily biased to ask this on kongregate’s forums. Anyways, Kong ftw.

Flag Post

I drool on this topic.

Anyway, both sites have its own strengths and weaknesses. Kongregate is great for their friendly community and the addiction of badges while Newgrounds have the system of blamming other flash in judgement and has a larger community and movies to choose from. It also has Audio Portal which I’m hopelessly addicted to.

Kongregate’s weak on the variety of games because it isn’t well known and is still a big buggy. And for Newgrounds? The community. Very horrendous indeed.

I’m neutral but I often go to Kongregate instead of Newgrounds.

Flag Post

Why do these topics stay, they both are EQUALLY good. I find it like comparing toast and cereal, they both have different qualities. Doesn’t mean you have to think ones better than the other, some days you eat one, some day another, some days both.

Flag Post

why is this in serious discussion?

Flag Post

I don’t have anything against Newgrounds, just the heavy-handed way that it is run. I like their video and game flashes, the audio portal is great, but their forums are one place you can run into trouble. Some mod decided a topic was “clearly” inappropriate and penalized the poster along with anyone who posted a reply. They have clearly immature posters who don’t get punished; even if they do it hasn’t discouraged people en masse to leave, thus the problem never goes away. Newgrounds also have “bots” who patrol or scroll through comments about flashes; even if comments were made years ago you can receive a ban for a few days or a week. if you are “too critical” or if your post can be deemed even lightly “insulting” it is punishable and that is ridiculous, especially if much time has gone by it is way better to just let it go. I have been off and on using Newgrounds; I can tell the “bots” go after active users because if it is determined that you are active thats who is punished. Tom Fulp, leader of Newgrounds, clearly doesn’t care. If he did, things would have changed. I know people personally who don’t like that site and feel that as long as he runs it things will never change.

Kongregate is so much better, the only thing I can say is be as different from Newgrounds as possible.

Flag Post

The community and badges on Kongregate really make it just a lot better than Newgrounds to me. Also, NG just seems to me to give off a sort of hostile, discouraging feeling, maybe. I don’t see anything better about newgrounds, except for having more content.

And Eggy, cereal is better than toast.

Flag Post

Newgrounds is still the place I go to for Flash movies and when I feel like listening to something new, but the community at NG is abhorrent. When I found Kong, well, I stopped playing games on NG, simple as that.

Chat, achievements, and the fact that there are no Flash movies in the way (as well as far less advertising) means Kongregate is much better for games than Newgrounds – and that’s not even mentioning the community.

Flag Post

You can’t forget addictinggames they got some stuff neither Newgrounds or Kongregate does!!!

Flag Post

Kongregate is a wounderful site I was on it for like 2 hours a day but Newgrounds has music vids cartoons but if Kongregate added vids music lists for each acount that you can put your own music on it I would thank them but I have to go to Newgrounds on this PEACE OUT.

Flag Post

newgrounds sucks but kongregate is the best

Flag Post

Newgrounds is still the place I go to for Flash movies and when I feel like listening to something new, but the community at NG is abhorrent. When I found Kong, well, I stopped playing games on NG, simple as that.

Chat, achievements, and the fact that there are no Flash movies in the way (as well as far less advertising) means Kongregate is much better for games than Newgrounds – and that’s not even mentioning the community.

QFT.

Well put Jabor.

Flag Post

Jabor gave the most brief and precise statement…

Flag Post

newgrounds is way better there gonna have a chat systm soon well in my opinion newgrounds wins

Flag Post

KONGREGATE

FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

Kongregate has a young community with lots of users who are older and unfamiliar with technology, and thus don’t delve too deeply into the community aspect. Newgrounds has prepubescent internet nerds who fling shit and other smelly objects at eachother constantly.

In my opinion, Kongregate is far superior in technology, site design, and game playing/making incentive. It’s also nice to see a viable income for developers. Last but not least, every 3rd post isn’t “ur gay lol,” although the chat has become that in many cases.

Flag Post

Kongregate is my homepage, So I obvisouly like it more. I also like that Kongregate is reds and whites. The dark colors of newgrounds make me feel depressed.

Flag Post

Kong is better but could be made better. Newgrounds is just like any other games site but a little more annoying in some ways and slightly better at the game side, kong is unique and you can put stuff on kong. Music+vids uploading would be good to put on kong. Maybe this should be moved to the kongregate forum.

Flag Post

I never used Newgrounds, found the attitude too unfriendly