What's the last book you've read?

586 posts

Flag Post

well, since I couldn’t find a thread like that, here it is. tell us what’s the last book you’ve read and comment about it.

the very last book I’ve read is the Inglourious Basterds original script, but I don’t really think that counts. so the real last book I’ve read is Corda Bamba, by Lygia Bojunga (I don’t really know if there’s an english version). it’s a book about Maria, a circus star little girl that saw the death of her parents in the middle of the show. then, she abandons the circus and is forced to live with her grandmother, that gives her everything but love and understanding. the thing is: she couldn’t remember anything about what happened to her parents. the girl starts to visit a corridor in the building in front of the building of hers in her dreams, and this corridor is full of doors that lead to fragments of her past. it’s an ok book, that presents a simple and straight critic about a really overworked reality: the differences between the way people enjoy living their lives, whether this reality is influenced by social/economical situation or not.

Flag Post

3 year ago I read something called Life of Pi o_O; Awesome book too (didn’t count what I had to read for school… not that I read them).

So the book is about an Indian boy who has to survive in middle of Pacific Ocean on a lifeboat with a tiger named Richard Parker. It is actually very fun to read =).

Flag Post

Last book for me my Engineering Linear Systems textbook (just think of it as a special concentration of linear algebra).
Outside of school, over the summer I finished Orson Scott Cards “The Memories of Earth” series which subsequently blow my mind. The guy has a gift for creating unique political landscapes (i.e. The Shadows series).

Flag Post

Hmm… At the moment I am reading From Socrates to Sartre by T.Z. Lavine (summary of philosophy.) Last ones I have read were Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and Only a Theory by Kenneth R. Miller (can’t remember which one I read last.) That is, of course, if we aren’t counting the great amounts of reading required for English class :-P.

Flag Post

I’m going to travel this weekend and probably during the week I’ll have time to read 2 books I’ve been meaning to read for some time: Trainspotting, by Irvine Welsh, and On the road, by Jack Kerouac. hopefully I’ll review them when I get back and realize this thread became the most popular in the history of Kongregate forums. see ya.

Flag Post

Neuroanatomy through Clinical Cases by Hal Blumenfeld.

Flag Post

Genesis. 3rd x

Flag Post

I blazed through all of Naoki Urasawa’s Monster recently, that was a really good read.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mxmm:

Hmm… At the moment I am reading From Socrates to Sartre by T.Z. Lavine (summary of philosophy.) Last ones I have read were Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and Only a Theory by Kenneth R. Miller (can’t remember which one I read last.) That is, of course, if we aren’t counting the great amounts of reading required for English class :-P.

Woot, Brave New World :) I’m actually currently reading Island by Huxley, I read BNW like 3 years ago.

Um, its hard to say the last book, because I got 80% done with Catch-22, and halfway done with A People’s History of the United States (amazing book btw, read just one chapter from it, I dare you)

The last book I fully finished was Jennifer Government back in November

Flag Post
Originally posted by pmr0078:
Originally posted by mxmm:

Woot, Brave New World :) I’m actually currently reading Island by Huxley, I read BNW like 3 years ago.

Um, its hard to say the last book, because I got 80% done with Catch-22, and halfway done with A People’s History of the United States (amazing book btw, read just one chapter from it, I dare you)

The last book I fully finished was Jennifer Government back in November

I’m considering using it for my survey comp assignment. Is it a roughly high school level read? Anyway, considering it’s the finals, my biology textbook. What I’m learning is actually getting a bit less then just a general overview now, photosynthesis and the calvin cycle is a bit complicated to learn in one sitting.

Flag Post

I’m almost done with Stephen King’s “Under the Dome”, and I was about halfway through Adam Smith’s “The Wealth of Nations” before I started that.

Come to think of it, I can’t remember the last time I’ve actually finished a book.

halfway done with A People’s History of the United States (amazing book btw, read just one chapter from it, I dare you)

I got a fourth of the way through of that one. Great, but very long.

Flag Post

The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution – Richard Dawkins.

I’m currently reading: The Official SAT Study Guide – The College Board, and Trigonometry for Dummies – Mary Jane Sterling.

Flag Post

the last book i finished reading is called catching fire the secong book in the hunger games trilogy by suzanne collins. very good book cant really talk about ti cause it’d ruin the first one. im currently almost finished with the Path of the Assassin another good book by Brad Thor about navy SEAL turned secret service agent trying to hunt down a terrorist that has united several major terrorist groups and is wrecking havoc in Israel and the switches its sights towards america. lots of twists and surprises. highly reccomended.

Flag Post

Fahrenheit 451 I think. While were on the topic of books. How do you guys read your books? I generally read them in huge spurts, ill a whole book cover to cover or a couple hundred pages at a time if its a longer book.

Flag Post

I got a fourth of the way through of that one. Great, but very long.

Yup, but then again, its 1492 to present, so if it was say 250 pages like an average book, it would have to be too watered down to tell most of the stories.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PCal:

Fahrenheit 451 I think. While were on the topic of books. How do you guys read your books? I generally read them in huge spurts, ill a whole book cover to cover or a couple hundred pages at a time if its a longer book.

With ‘regular’ books I just sit and finish them. With reference books or textbooks I go by section.

Flag Post

Oh God when was the last time I read a book?

Flag Post

I read in chunks at a time. I probably could sit down and finish a book in a day or two, but having time to reflect on what you’ve read and make predictions (if it’s a novel) is nice.

Flag Post

Is the christmas tree manual considered a book?

Flag Post

I’ve been reading through the life works of Ernesto Guevara and James Connolly lately.

Flag Post

I don’t read books unless it’s for school.

So… Let me think. Huh, don’t remember the last book I read.

Flag Post

Iggyshark te gusta el che guevara? Es una inspiracion ese lider. If you don’t speak spanish, well, Ernesto Guevara, el Che, is a really inspirating person.

Flag Post

Tuvo su cuota de errores, pero en general era un hombre del pueblo y un estratega brillante. I can speak it, it has been a very long time since I’ve needed to though.

Flag Post

I think it was “the wasp factory” by Iain M Banks

Flag Post

I’m hoping to get my hands on SuperFreakonomics at some point. Dubner and Levitt are fun economists.