What's the last book you've read? page 19

586 posts

Flag Post

I finished “A Universe From Nothing” (Lawrence M. Krauss) last week, and now I am reading “The Catcher in the Rye” (J. D. Salinger). Both are amazing books!

Flag Post

About halfway through Long Dark Road: Bill King and Murder in Jasper, Texas (R. Ainslie). So far it’s a well documented and interesting read.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Book about lasers from 1969.

Flag Post

Watchmen and philosiphy

Flag Post

Started “God and the Folly of Faith: The Incompatibility of Science and Religion” by Victor J. Stenger. Not sure what I will read next. Maybe “Moral Minds: How Nature Designed Our Universal Sense of Right and Wrong” by Marc D. Hauser, or something from Plato so I can expand my general knowledge (because that won’t do shit for my intellect).

Flag Post
Originally posted by xProStar:

How did this end up on serious discussion? kills himself

The better question is, how did you end up on serious discussion?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:
Originally posted by xProStar:

How did this end up on serious discussion? kills himself

The better question is, how did you end up on serious discussion?

Lol yeah, sometimes you miss-click OT and you end up here with some serious discussions :3

Flag Post

National Geographic, April 2013 edition. This is a book.

Flag Post

Just finished The book thief by Markus Zusak for the third time.

Flag Post

Starship Troopers. Pretty good, but if you’ve seen the movie, that’s a completely different story.

Flag Post

Currently reading mein kampf. Trying to read all of the “controversial” political books currently. Next up is CM.

Flag Post

Reading Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series in no particular order.

Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

Currently reading mein kampf. Trying to read all of the “controversial” political books currently. Next up is CM.

That might explain a few things…

CM is short and easy except a bit of a historical slog in the middle. It gets all the attention for being edgy but you’re better off going direct to Capital.

Flag Post

Just finished reading “Discourse on Method” by René Descartes (goes straight downhill after the first half of Part III), and started up “Utilitarianism” by John Stuart Mill. Pretty interesting book, so far.

Flag Post

“Hate Crime” by Joyce King. I hope after this semester is over to go back to reading for actual enjoyment. I get so tired of placing fun reads to the side during school because there’s no time (or brain capacity) left for them.

Flag Post

Pssh, I don’t read books! Does a booklet for song lyrics count? If so, it’s the Save Rock and Roll album by Fall Out Boy!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Supreme_Albino:

Pssh, I don’t read books!

This is why computers are getting smarter as people get dumber….

Flag Post

Ha ha I just finished a book about reading books (Ironic right?) It is called “how to read slowly” good read talks about not just reading a book, but understanding and formulating ideas on the topic etc. I am also reading “The Bible”, “The fellowship of the ring.”, just finished the Hobbit again. had to re-read since there are new movies. Also working on “Systematic theology” and “The scarlet letter”. I also recently read “Sophie’s world” I would say I learned something but I didn’t I found this book both boring and it could not keep my attention. Seeing as I read around 3 paragraphs a min. and have ADHD books tend to have this problem. Although when a book can keep my attention and interest I can read 4-5 paragraphs a min. I finished this book in two weeks. I have to ask has anybody else read it? I would think so since most schools and such use it. Then again I am homeschooled (call me a Nerd, it would be a totally true statement) and yes “Asklar” the christmas tree manual is a book :)
Oh and another question to keep ya busy, who here saw “Man of steel” and was dissapointed though hopefull for the future sequels?

Flag Post

Ruins by Orson Scott Card. It’s the squeal to Pathfinder and an amazing book. If you like interesting questions about the nature of humans and machines, time travel, and moral responsibility but also want a good story then you should read it.

Flag Post

Absalom, Absalom! By William Faulkner.The story was a difficult read, but a good read nonetheless.

Flag Post

Jack The Ripper Unmasked by William Beadle.

Flag Post

On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin.

Flag Post

Snuff by Terry Pratchett. Before that, Xenocide by Orson Scott Card.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Isn’t that part of the Ender Game series. If so, I give my full mark of approval. I just read the book about Beans, the little genius.