The Sad Homeless...

81 posts

Flag Post

Have you seen homeless people walking around the block or sleeping? Help them! It’s such a shame that they have to have a rough life.

Story Time – There was a homeless who was sleeping next to KFC. No customers went to KFC because there was a homeless there. A mean person yelled at the homeless and forced him to moved away. He moved to McDonalds. The same thing happened, he was really sad, tired, and was crying. I came to him and I gave him $5. He said, “God bless you sunny.” I was happy and he was happy.

People are really mean sometimes. Forcing the homeless to move. How harsh can you be to a person who had a rough life. Be nice and don’t be so greedy.

I SAY! HELP THE HOMELESS!

Flag Post

Maybe he was really one of those people who needed help.

I, however, live in a country where the homeless (gypsies usually, and I say this without being racist because I state a FACT) are a mafia. When you realize these things, you stop giving money to most of the homeless people. I, personally, don’t want to fund the mafia.

Flag Post

Tsk-tsk… Very very disappointing…

Flag Post

Truly, I am cruel because I try to think of how this guy who I am going to give money to is going to get beaten up if he refuses to give all of the ‘earned’ money.

I am horrible.

Flag Post

Help a homeless man today: Give him a gun with one bullet.

Flag Post

I’ll help the homeless, but only if i know how he became homeless. 90% of all homeless people are homless because of there own actions (drugs ect). So I’ll help the ones who deserve it.

Flag Post

I give them food, not money if possible. They are usually outside a fast food restaurant or Tesco so it isn’t that hard, and you don’t have to worry where your (ex) money is going.

Flag Post

AACCEE is right. Plus there are some con-men who might just want to get money.

Flag Post

If you would like to help the homeless, then give your money to Shelter. A charity that supports homelessness.

Flag Post

Let me break this down for you. Where I live, about 5% of the “homeless” actually need money.

I mean, really. I don’t pity the homeless when they can just walk their ass over to a homeless shelter. This usually means their not really in need of cash.

I

Flag Post

I advocate giving homeless people food instead of money. That way they don’t blow money on other distractions. If they need something to sustain themselves, by all means, ask for it. Money isn’t it. Clothes, food, water are things you need.

Flag Post

I’ve been homeless (really) as a result of my mother’s actions and I can tell you with 100% certainty that the only people who can’t help being homeless are kids of homeless people. The kids are the only ones that should be helped the rest of them put themselves there or have done nothing to remove themselves from that situation. Don’t help the homeless because they refuse to help themselves. If they really wanted to get out of homelessness they could easily get a job at a fast food restaurant and save up money to eventually find somewhere to stay. If a 16 year old or an illegal immigrant can find a job then so to can a homeless person.

Flag Post

Much of the homeless where I live are homeless because they are lazy, drug addicts or alcoholics. Those who have families may not help them because they realize it wouldn’t really help them out of the situation. Many are capable of having a job, but simply don’t want to have one or are unwilling to change their habits to make themselves job worthy.

This does not account for all obviously, but for many. I’ve seen people in worse situations who are taking care of themselves better and its a shame that many homeless are like this because it interferes with give help to those who really need it.

Flag Post

>I advocate giving homeless people food instead of money. That way they don’t blow money on other distractions. If they need something to sustain themselves, by all means, ask for it. Money isn’t it. Clothes, food, water are things you need.

I totally agree with this. I will bring the homeless meals or groceries and during the blizzard we had this year I brought a guy a hat and gloves. I also have a card with all the homeless shelters in my city listed that I will give out.

Flag Post

That was really nice, you made me feel good when i read that… most of the homeless people are from the Vietnam war. It is sad, but there are soo much, thanks to the depression it is all the worse now.

Flag Post

Should have gave him more. he won’t be able to get the much drugs with only $5.

Flag Post

I advocate giving homeless people food instead of money. That way they don’t blow money on other distractions. If they need something to sustain themselves, by all means, ask for it. Money isn’t it. Clothes, food, water are things you need.

My youth pastor does something like this. If he comes across a homeless person, he’ll talk with them for a minute, then ask what they’re going to use the money on. If they say food, he’ll take them to the nearest restaurant and buy it for them. If they say something like alcohol or drugs, he’ll tell them, “That’s not gonna help you get anywhere.”

Flag Post

ya only offer them to get them food, because if you buy him a meal instead of giving him money he won’t be able to buy drugs, or alcohol. 5$ dollers could still be enough to buy drugs or alcohol.

Flag Post

I don’t see any homeless people. I live in a very rural area and they simply aren’t around.

I did live in a city for about 7 months though. Only saw one homeless person that I knew of. Stopped and talked with him for 30 minutes or so, gave him what little money I could spare. I don’t understand how people can be so mean to others. Homeless or rich, it doesn’t matter. They all get the same respect from me, completely based on their personality and actions.

Flag Post

What is your guys thoughts on “Bum Fights” guys that went around and paid homeless people $50 or so to fight each other and do other assorted stunts.

Flag Post

I don’t really know much about the show. I suppose if everyone in the fight was consenting, then I don’t have much of a problem with it. Quite pathetic and disgusting though. No worse than Jackass anyway.

Flag Post

Big over-generalizations on the “They could choose not to be homeless” angle. There are a lot of homeless people out there who are mentally ill, and poverty is very situational—As someone who has spent more than one bus trip talking to several homeless people, I can tell you there are grifters, and there are non-grifters. Personally, If someone’s “performing,” like a street musician or what have you, I’m willing to toss ‘em some cash if they’re halfway decent. If they’re annoying, I[ll ignore ‘em. I rarely carry cash on me anyhow, so I really don’t do much with the homeless aside form talking to them. I give ’em business cards of people who are more inclined and able to help than i do, though.

As for the Bum-fights thing, they’re preying on poor people and using them for cheap thrills. The difference is that these homeless people aren’t getting anywhere near the same level of compensation that those morons on “jackass” do. Frankly, I hope Johnny Knoxville finally kicks off during one of his own stunts, so that way I can announce the Darwin award loudly and blatantly in class. But that’s an entirely different topic.

Thoughtfully yours,
Theo

Flag Post

how do you know who is real and faking thats the problem you can never be sure if it’s someone trying to con you or not

Flag Post

Big over-generalizations on the “They could choose not to be homeless” angle. There are a lot of homeless people out there who are mentally ill, and poverty is very situational

Well-said, Theophenes. In San Francisco, there are a large population of homeless who are mentally ill and unable to care for themselves and don’t have the sensiblity to get help or escape from homelessness. And even if bad choices in life initially caused a person to be in the position they are in today (like a junkie on the street), they may be too far into their bad habits/addictions to escape that type of life, even if they want to (and believe me, some want to).

Flag Post

I give them money for whatever reason. Drugs, booze or food, it’s irrelevant and none of my business.