Governmental Control

14 posts

Flag Post

I finally got around to reading my April issue of Wired and came across the article It’s All in Your Head: Why the next civil rights battle will be over the mind.

(Note to self: Why do I subscribe to this magazine when I can view the articles online?)

Needless to say the anger swelled inside of me as the government and corporations once again find a way to rape American’s of the rights we are supposed to have in ‘The Land of the Free’.

Granted that HSS (HyperSonic Sound) has been around for some time, but to read in this article the potential uses for it raises even higher questions of ethics, and should such a technology be allowed. I feel they can and will be used to further strip us of our civil liberties. Should such a form of brainwashing or even the possibility for such a technology to make a person think they are hearing voices causing them to feel schizophrenic be allowed?

To me this seems like the next evolution of the MK-ULTRA project with a clear violation of the Nuremberg Code , which by itself was never made into law, but rather incorporated into the Code of Federal Regulations. Should anyone; be it a government, corporation, religion or personal entity, have this form of control over someone’s mind? I am not saying that this technology could not be advantageous, but it seems that the more devious implementations would be the primary use.

Another problem with this technology is that it is publicly available and can be used as a weapon as related in ATC HyperSonic Sound as a Weapon. Such a device could be used quite effectively to commit any range of crimes, but there is no regulation of it as with firearms or biological weaponry. (Note: I was not able to locate if there is any such legislation or restrictions on this technology, so if anyone has additional information, please post.)

Many other pertinent questions are also brought to light in the article while talking of the emerging technology of fMRI brain scans, such as: “Do we have a right to ‘mental privacy’?”, “Will the Fifth Amendment protect you from self-incrimination by your own brain?” and “Should she also be allowed to stick your head in an MRI tube as part of you performance review?”.

This along with other topics such RFID tags that will eventually be embedded in every human born in this country are more forms of control that our “Land of the Free” is slowly implementing to take away any freedoms that everyone (of every nation) should be entitled to. We as a people need to stand up and fight for the things we hold most dear and that are being taken away from us ever so subtly and often without our knowledge, or at least knowledge of the dark ulterior motives behind these technological breakthroughs (claimed to be for our ‘safety’ and ‘protection’) by those with power in this country.

Well that is the end of my rant; I would like to hear your thoughts, feelings, etc. about this.

Flag Post

These things make me happy i dont live over there, but i guess its only a matter of time before it will come to europe too.

Flag Post

I’m rather distraught that “Turn lights of when your not using them!!!” is receiving more attention than issues on government control over the masses in the ‘Serious Discussion’ forum. Doesn’t anyone care about this? Have so many been indoctrinated not to question our own government? Or is it believed that I am a conspiracy theorist (which some may consider me) as I do not believe the constant lies spread by congress and the media, but rather question them?

Flag Post

Honestly, what you wrote just sounds like a lot of conspiracy theory. HSS isn’t brainwashing, and I have no idea where you got the idea that it could be used like that. It could, perhaps, push someone who was already teetering on the edge of sanity off into the abyss, but not people who know that the technology exists; it’s no different from someone walking around with a boombox, except it’s more directional. Sure, there will probably be pranks played with such devices once they get out into the open market, just like there were pranks you could pull with those close range FM transmitters (basically the iTrip, if you know that that is, except with enough range that you could make someone else’s car radio start playing whatever you want) but eventually people will get over it and nobody will care any more.

And in any case, why are you complaining about its use as a weapon? There’s plenty of crap that’s in development for weapons use, and once it starts being used laws will be made. I don’t see what the problem with such weapons is in any case, as they’re probably less lethal than a bullet. Would you prefer to be deaf, or to be dead?

As to fMRI scans, I don’t see what the problem is. They’re something you do voluntarily. Your employer isn’t allowed to mandate them, just like they’re not allowed to mandate polygraph tests.

I don’t think embedding RFID tags into people will be a common thing in the next ten or twenty years, for the same reason why biometrics won’t be identifying people in any sort of permanent way for a while. If someone steals your biometric ID, you can’t change it. If someone steals the identity code in your RFID tag, you have to have surgery to change it. It’s too much of a hassle.

Furthermore, tagging everyone wouldn’t necessarily infringe upon everyone’s freedom. If you have control over whether or not your RFID tag responds to queries, you can control who gets what information from you passively. I’m pretty sure that by the time tagging people becomes a commonplace thing, that will be feasible.

Flag Post

I’ve heard this stuff too and I also heard that the government is going to try to put a limit on the electricity used daily in the common household. I doubt they will do this though because it will cause riots and the country would turn on the government.

Flag Post

whats the difference between people using advertising everyone can here and advertising only you can hear, it the same one is just creepier

Flag Post

mccoy, totally agree

i guess in the future im going to be executed for thoughtcrime

War Is Peace

Freedom Is Slavery

Flag Post

people are confused on all this “government control” what is really going on is that all this big business is controlling the government and the government cant do anything about it because they got elected through the businesses that promoted them and if we don’t let them have control the big business will leave the U.S. just read into politics and you will see what i mean. other countries are a lot more stable because they did not let this happen. its all just corrupt and unstable

Flag Post
Originally posted by frogguy123:

people are confused on all this “government control” what is really going on is that all this big business is controlling the government and the government cant do anything about it because they got elected through the businesses that promoted them and if we don’t let them have control the big business will leave the U.S. just read into politics and you will see what i mean. other countries are a lot more stable because they did not let this happen. its all just corrupt and unstable

BINGO….WE HAVE A WINNER.
Froggy has just stated the “oblivious” in 25-words-or-less fashion.
He could now spend the rest of his life (likely NOT very long….he is 101, lol) going into “detail” on this and now even put a dent in the reality of it and be miserably left in the dust by even trying to do so.

NO regulations = “corrupt & unstable”

Flag Post

yeah, and then they accuse the government for interfering with business and use that as an argument for more business control over government, while that was exactly the problem in the first place. a business controlled governance will serve business interests, especially those that venture the most into corruption.

plutocracy is just great, eh?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by frogguy123:

What’s with the pre-historic bump? This was one of the first threads made.. I detect a troll.

Flag Post

lol, i hadn’t noticed. necromancy has become a trend now, it seems. i need to treat carefully, i don’t wanna get bit no zombie threads.