Racial Genetic Advantages? page 2

39 posts

Flag Post

Just my 2 cents…..The initial post was in my opinion largely correct. There are huge genetic differences between not only people from different back grounds but even between people from different cities. When we select our sample groups to test the genes for a disease we have to be very careful where we get them from. For example we are not allowed to mix a group Utah with a group from Japan and we are never allowed to use the Cornish (they have their own little gene pool :p). We also have to do calculations for regional striation meaning that for the most part, even in this modern world of travel people tend to procreate with people from the region they were born in. We do calculations to take into account the pooling of certain genetic traits in each region. There are defined and documented genetic traits for physical and non-physical aspects including things such as an ability for numerecy. However we are always careful to explore the environmental factors for each individual, for diseases this is normally things like smoking and diet but for more general studies such as patterns of inheritance of physical and intellectual abilities this includes schooling and the nurture provided by the parents. For the most part geneticists see the nature vs nuture thing as a sliding scale from say eye colour for which nurture plays virtually no part to say someones reaction to an argument for which nature takes a back seat.

An awesome example of genetic inheritance of this sort of thing is sickle cell anaemia, and as for maternally inheritied mitochondrial DNA well i could talk for years…but thats going way off topic :p .

EDIT

Race, on the other hand, is at best a theoretical category humans create. there isn’t even really a clear delineation of “race,” really. Unlike gender. At least with that, there’s identifiable physical biology.

Just to say that there are actually genetic guidelines as to what constitutes a large number of races, mainly due to the afforementioned differences in genetic background. :)

Flag Post

are you talking about Obama?

Flag Post

Black people have an extra muscle in their ass people…. THEIR ASS! Nuff said.

Flag Post

I presume you mean gender in the sense of biological features, not self-identification.

Even with this definition, gender isn’t completely delineated(hermaphrodites, feminized brain syndrome, etc)… but still moreso than race.

Flag Post

Black people are better at athletics due to their increased ease at gaining muscle, larger adrenaline gland. I’m not sure how it happened, but they naturally gained the upper hand at sports.

Flag Post

actulally this is true, evoloution took its course on early man in different areas of the world causing different things to happen, for example, the reason people from africa are black is because of an adaptation to avoid sunburn and skin cancer. the proof of this is in this expieriment, leave a black guy in the sun and he wont sunburn very easily, leave a white guy in the sun and he will sunburn by far more easily. this is caused by people inhabiting a region for thousands of years, the ones who got skin cancer, died, the ones with darker skin survived and reproduced until you have the black people of today.

Flag Post

dark, I realize you’re new to the forums, but can you stop resurrecting ancient threads?

Flag Post

Of course there are differences between Caucasoids, Mongoloids, and Negroids. I don’t know if there are any real “advantages”. But, I’ve heard that Negroids have sickle shaped blood cells and an extra bone in their backs.

EDIT: Oh my, I missed that. Shame on you Dark.

Flag Post

whats wrong with looking and posting my ideas on ancient threads the forums were made for talking, besides i didnt look at the age. besides that its not like its doing any harm, so what if the thread is so dead no one reads it. in any case my intent was not to “resurrect” this thread merely to post my thoughts, if i wanted to resurrect it i would have said so, so would please just get off my back, along with every one else who has told me to stop posting on old threads. (reason being i dont look at the age of threads because i think the age doesnt matter)

Flag Post

This has been an interesting discussion that I would not have read if Dark didn’t revive it…

Flag Post

yeah, i don’t think it’s bad to bump old threads if you add to the discussion (which dark did).

i think using the term “advantages” in this context is a little ill-advised, but i certainly agree that the different races of humans have some different traits. sometimes this leads to very funny conversations (i live in germany, you know we are somewhat sensible now with matters of racial distinction…) because some people automatically seem to think that accepting differences between races leads to racism. this is especcially widespread among the dogmatic left, so sometimes you have the same people who breed ancient races of cattle for their unique traits denying that human races have their differences, too, and can get pretty hostile about that. ô_Ô so just for the record, i want to mention the scientific definitions for race and species:

a species is a population of life forms that can reproduce and have offspring that can reproduce as well.

a race is a group within a species that possesses traits that differ from the rest of the population, but they can still procreate and have fertile offspring.

and just like a poodle is not better than an dachshund, a black person is not better that a caucasian or asian person. maybe a larger portion of black people is better at runnig than the average human while a larger portion of caucasian people is better at, whatever, duck-hunting for all i care, but that certainly doesn’t apply to every individual in the whole race (i know a certainly not fast running black man and i don’t think i know any good duck-hunters).

Flag Post

mxm, don’t assume all Italians/Mediterraneans are good at math, I suck at math, but I’m off the charts in everything else. What I have seen most certainly, is that different races have different genetic abilities, I’m trying to say this as scientifically as possible, and I’m not saying this in a racist way at all, just remember that, I think that black people certainly are more athletic then most other races, but they tend to be more likely involved in crimes (before you start to shout “racist” let me explain) my dad was a police officer in the 80’s he said 75% of the people he arrested were black, also, black people are 13 or 28% of the population, I think 13 but I’m not positive. I do not have anything against black people, this is just something I’ve noticed, moving on, white people tend to be more a balance I’ve discovered, we aren’t the smartest or the strongest, we’re a happy medium, not usually the geniuses (if you’ve ever watched smoking gun presents worlds dumbest criminals/drivers/daredevils, you’ll see what I mean…) Asian people tend to be less physical, more mentally oriented, not all the time of course (the karate psychos…) and if they commit crimes, it’s usually in gangs, anyway, that’s my view, and I am not a racist just so you know.

Flag Post

75% of the people he arrested were black, also, black people are 13 or 28% of the population

and the only possible reason for that is that black people are genetically predisposed to commit crimes?

Flag Post

mxm, don’t assume all Italians/Mediterraneans are good at math, I suck at math, but I’m off the charts in everything else.

Yes, this was extremely skewed since at my school the best 3/4 people at math all have at least half mediterranean heritage, but I forgot to remember that that is a very minor size of people to make a judgment on.

my dad was a police officer in the 80’s he said 75% of the people he arrested were black, also, black people are 13 or 28% of the population, I think 13 but I’m not positive.

I thought it was around 20%, but regardless, demographics say that white people are more likely to be born in wedlock, in more financially secure homes (not because of financial inferiority of other races, but simply because white people had an earlier advantage in this country, and racism was rampant until the 20th century, causing it harder to get jobs.) But, needless to say, I would expect that this would lead to a self-reinforcing economical disadvantage, naturally causing an increase in crime… Eliminating genetics in black people as leading to crime…

EDIT: Oops… got on my little bro’s computer… this is supposed to be “mxmm” (yes, he did steal my name and add an extra “m”)