Suicide Blog

32 posts

Flag Post

http://tania.movielol.org/

20 days left…

(And, Yes that is the which greg noted had massive cleavage in the ‘Save the internet!’ Thread.)

Thoughts?

Flag Post

ERM? come again?

Flag Post

Perhaps go to the site.

Flag Post

Wow, that’s…I’m not sure what to say. My impression is that it’s a brilliant stunt to get lots of attention and then have a miraculous recovery at the end in which she changes her mind and everything is really happy for her. It just seems too arbitrary, too pointless, too professionally done. I know this sounds kinda shallow, but she’s freakin’ gorgeous. She appears to have done some professional modeling. The website seems designed to try to get you to sympathize with her. I mean, who uses seductive pictures at the top of a serious suicide blog? It just seems all wrong.

Of course, if she ends up doing it I’m gonna feel pretty shitty about saying all that, but I suppose that’s the chance I take.

EDIT: Now, upon some further research, one can find a link on the right side of the page that says “Suicide Isn’t Sexy” and that links to various anti-suicide websites. It also talks about how 90DayJane was just an art project, a hoax. So is this girl just a follow-on, even though she’s claiming to set a new trend? Why would she link to anti-suicide pages? It just doesn’t fit and I don’t really want to sit her and analyze her much farther because then I feel like she’s won. It’s not a cry for help or attention. It’s either a hoax or a sick new form of reality television. In either case, I’ll check back in 22 days, find out if she’s done it, and move on.

Flag Post

Eh, I read all her blog… took awhile. I realised that about at day 70…

Flag Post

What’s your point? You started this thread – why not tell us your opinion, especially if you’ve read the whole thing? You realized what at about day 70?

EDIT: Having re-read that Suicide Isn’t Sexy link, it says that Tania’s website is indeed an anti-suicide campaign. I find this to be a pretty strange way of doing it, but that does make a lot more sense (since she was part of the whole “save the internet” video – had two very large parts, actually…).

Ok, sorry, that was a bit juvenile…

Flag Post

People have been telling me that there are children dying in Africa, nations torn by war and conflict, innocent people dying of starvation or disease, people losing everything to floods or other disasters, I’ve also been sent links to documentaries about child abuse and pedophile red light districts etc. I guess these mails were either meant as some sick joke, or to show me that my life is nowhere near as bad in comparison. In either case, they failed. My life IS terrible, even in comparison. Children that were born into prostitution or war have gotten used to it, it’s nowhere near as bad for them as my life is to me, because it’s so unfair that bad things would happen to me, in this context, while it’s natural for them. I’m the victim here!

I honestly can’t bring myself to believe that she’s serious about that. Just sounds like a parody of what a self-pitying suicidal person is supposed to sound like. From what I’ve read, it all seems too flippantly written in general to be real, pretty much the only reason she gives for wanting to do it is cribbed wholesale from Fight Club, and she talks about ‘trying to get depressed by watching sad movies’. She’s either just wanting attention or it’s a stunt for a charity of some kind.

EDIT:

EDIT: Having re-read that Suicide Isn’t Sexy link, it says that Tania’s website is indeed an anti-suicide campaign.

oh okay then

Flag Post

I realised about the ‘suicide isn’t sexy’ button, but still have the same kind of views about it as you…

Why have ‘real’ message in the sidebar, so easy to be seen? why not in fine print at the bottom of the page? Or say the ‘real’ message on the last day like jane did… And why have the name of the site so similar to janes? Probably to keep us wondering…

It seems like a good read though and i guess i’ll keep coming back there for the remainder of the time.

I was just wondering some other peoples views on this.

Flag Post

Why have ‘real’ message in the sidebar, so easy to be seen? why not in fine print at the bottom of the page? Or say the ‘real’ message on the last day like jane did… And why have the name of the site so similar to janes?

Because that’s the whole point; not to trick people into believing it’s real, but to get out the message that stuff like this isn’t cool. I’m surprised they didn’t make the real nature of the site more obvious to be honest. Things like this can certainly inspire others to do the same thing, so even though it’s not real I still think it’s pretty irresponsible.

Flag Post

Also i fail to get how this will encourage less to contemplate suicide.

Flag Post

EDIT: Having re-read that Suicide Isn’t Sexy link, it says that Tania’s website is indeed an anti-suicide campaign. I find this to be a pretty strange way of doing it, but that does make a lot more sense (since she was part of the whole “save the internet” video – had two very large parts, actually…).

It may be strange, but it’s a new way too see if it can help. At the very least they might find some new information about it. It hits you doesn’t it. The shock of the website really gets the emotion going in ya straight away when ya think its real…and you can’t help but think “I wanna email her and try convince her, I know I could be the one to get through to her”

I also thought it was real at first and couldn’t believe it…then it seemed way too set up and nice. Looked around and saw the thing explaining it.

Flag Post

I should note that, while this one is a fake, as was 90DayJane, there are numerous internet suicides that have been reported, including one guy who did it on webcam.

I suppose this method to help stop them could work, but only if you happen to find this fairly innocuous button. I easily missed it the first time I looked. At least they’re trying something I suppose…

Flag Post

I’m going to mail her and try to convince her to actually do it…

am I a bad person?

Flag Post

Well you would be if it was real.

Flag Post

Indeed – not only are you a bad person, but you’ve also missed the fact that this is entirely a hoax and is designed to attempt to disuade people from pulling similar stunts.

Flag Post

Suicide is looking pretty sexy from this angle!

Flag Post

OH MY GOD. why would you look at things like that.

Flag Post

i really hate this girl. whether real or not all she does is just talk about “omg this dude totally wants to bang me and i dont know if i wanna.” i guess it’s cool being a whore and giggling about it on the internet. seriously, it’s just some hoax to get her modeling noticed or something.

sorry for the mean statements, but certain things just really upset me :/

Flag Post

I think it’s pretty good. It’s trying to make suicidal people consider their options (for the last week at least, I haven’t gone further), perhaps a little too blatantly at the moment, but perhaps it wasn’t earlier on?

Flag Post

I want to suicide

Flag Post

Wow kesse – did you read any of the posts above you? It’s a campaign to attempt to raise awareness about internet suicides.

Flag Post

im confused. is this forum not about suicide in general? i think that would raise some interesting talking points with regards to religion, law and stuff like that. i think its about a particular case from what ive read so far, so ill hold my opinions til we clarify that. LOL

Flag Post

Is internet suicide when they… Well I don’t know, I am stupid, I admit it. You automatically go to Hell if you commit suicide so why would you wanna go through more pain???

Flag Post

For one, it is a joke. The second thing is saying you beleive in God, or basing what others should do based on what the Bible, Torah, etc. says is NOT a good idea on these forums. It is equivilant to stuff steaks down your pants and walking into a house of rabid dogs. It makes you an easy target.

Flag Post

Mils, while I think you perhaps meant well (as a friendly warning that blind obedience of God will often be challenged here), I want to be careful that we don’t present these forums as anti-God or anti-Christian. All view-points are welcome, and just because we probably have a majority of atheists/agnostics doesn’t mean that we can’t discuss and try to understand the Christian viewpoints.