Can Atheists Be Good Americans? (locked)

12 posts

Flag Post

Intellectually – no. . . . Becaus e he cannot accept the American
Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles, and he believes
the Bible to be corrupt

Socially – no. .. . . Because his allegiance toSATAN forbids him to
make friends with Christians

Philosophically – no. . . . Because IATHEISM, do not allow freedom of
religion and expression. Democracy and ATHEISM cannot co-exist. Every
ATHEIST government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Theologically – no . . . Because his allegiance is to SATAN,

Spiritually – no. . . . Because when we declare “one nation under
God,” the Christian’s God is loving and kind,
Therefore after much study and deliberation, perhaps we should be very
suspicious of ALL ATHEISTS in this country.

They obviously cannot be both “good” ATHEISTS and good Americans.

Flag Post

I dont know how very wrong your post is……….
First of all, a good american means that he does not kill or steal from other people or anything else against the law. And a good american helps other people in distress.

Socially – yes. If you are atheist that does not mean you have an allegiance to satan… It means you do not believe in an afterlife, so you also do not believe in satan, so how is that possible? And one of my good friends is a christian.

Philosophically – yes. Most atheists do not care what you believe, as long as you do not care what they want to believe. Some people see atheism as a believe too, so I guess the one that does not allow freedom of religion and expression is you, my friend. And I live in The Netherlands, there are lots of atheists here, but we have a democracy, a very good one even. I cant even believe you said that all atheist governments are dictatorial or autocratic, we have something called freedom of religion. Something you probably have never heard off.

Theologiccaly – Look at socially

Spiritually – That is the worst “argument” I have ever heard….

Flag Post

What a scary post… I think religious bigots like him are bad Americans.

Philosophically – no. . . . Because IATHEISM, do not allow freedom of religion and expression…Theologically – no . . . Because his allegiance is to SATAN,

So, if someone doesn’t believe in your Christian god they then have an allegiance with the evil demigod they also do not believe in? You complain about dictatorships but preach religious tyranny.

A lot of people feel that the “under god” portion of the pledge should be removed since it conflicts with the Constitution. Our nation’s motto is E Pluribus Unum or “One out of many”. This represents the strength out of pluralism/diversity we were founded on. Your type of thinking erodes this unity. The other part of the pledge also says. “One nation indivisible” and there was no “under god” when the pledge was first written in the late 1800’s. The Knights of Columbus lobbied Congress in the 1950’s to add the phrase “under god”. I feel that that action contradicts the constitution, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof”.

We have the right to omit “under god” or to not even say the pledge at all, to believe in many gods or no god at all. Your religion is supposed to believe in tolerance and peace… can you ever become a good Christian?

Flag Post

Another idiotic american…

Flag Post

Obvious Troll is Obvious.

Flag Post

@billyfred: Is that really necessary? There are people like that in your country too, I promise.

Jabor, that pic reminds me of the scientology protests we had here recently. Christianity and Islam definitely have some cult-like aspects, as well as a huge history of violence. Thankfully, there are enough sensible people today to keep them in check kind of.

Flag Post

Guys, this post isn’t worth responding to.

(Sarcasm ahead) We all already know that anyone who is not a Christian has bad morals and they are just horrible and will burn eternally in Hell.
I think I was about 5 when good ol’ JC sat me down and taught me right from wrong, he taught me about morals and what it means to be a good person. Oh wait, or maybe I got all that from my mother while she was raising me, crap, I forget. :S

Flag Post

No there’s not. Only awesome people like myself live in australia.

Excluding Kevin Rudd.

Flag Post

You also have Koala Bears, which makes Australia way better than the USA.

Flag Post

Now that you mention it, it does.

Flag Post

Only awesome people like myself live in australia.

You do make a very good point.

Flag Post

Guys, please don’t feed the trolls. Also, for those who don’t know, TRUECRISTIAN is a common troll in these forums and should never be taken seriously (he isn’t even a Christian).