Would you visit a nudist camp,,how shy are you? page 5

147 posts

Flag Post

I would only be able to do it if there was at least a couple dozen people who I never met and EVERYONE was naked. No I couldn’t enjoy myself skinny dipping with friends at all and only with strangers if there was a lot of strangers and I was in a safe position.

Flag Post

come on…do we really have to persue this zombie thread? it’s been dead for 2 years.

Flag Post

Awwwww….c’mon, OD.
Give the nubies a change to chew a bone that isn’t so full of “splinters” as the other shit we’re yakin’ on constantly. LOL

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

I’ve seen some discussion involving sex issues on this site. BUT, nudism isn’t necessarily—ON THE SURFACE anyway—about sex. The devotees tout the health benefits—both physical & mental—derived from socializing sans clothing.

So, how “comfortable” are you w/ your body? Would you be able to be around other ppl while nude and they be clothed? Would you be able to be clothed and be at a nudist colony? Could ya enjoy yourself “skinny dipping” w/ friends (& strangers). How do ya feel about group showering after gym class?

…Uh,it depends on what type of nudist camp…If its full of women,I would probably go :D

Flag Post

If the weather’s hot, count me in. If it’s not, than count me out.
I’d rather sweat than shiver. I hate the cold.

After a while everybody starts looking pretty much the same.
It’s culturally reinforced objectification of the body that makes people uncomfortable with themselves.

Flag Post

Since I’m a quite attractive looking 21 year old man my self-esteem wouldnt stand in the way of me going to a nudist camp. To find a reason to do it in the first place is my main problem. I lack motivation to do so. I have absolutely no problems with clothing and feel no constrainment from it nor lack of freedom. I still see nudist camps as an excuse to behave more animalistic, not to mention peek at sexy naked bodies.

But more on topic, if I did find a reason, my biggest problem would most likely be to avoid getting a boner.
If there are only ugly people and/or only people far over my own age I’ll be fine. But if there would run around attractive 16-25 year old women I wouldnt trust my penis enough to strot around. But then again I completely lack experience from what its like being in a nudist camp, so its possible it has a natural, casual and non-sexual approach to it.
I’m comparing to the not so unusual topless women you can see on my local beaches that appear so casual it doesnt make it very sexual at all. After all, boobs are almos always more attractive when shaped by a bra or bikini rather than when revealed and more saggy.

An obvious argument to that would be that bikinis of today are far more teasing and sexually provocative than just a naked body. The standard bikini of today is designed to be as sexually provocative as possible. Revealing, but still teasing and still hiding the “best” parts, not to mention that they are shaping the body to be more attracitve (more curves, pushed up/rounder ass and deeper cleavage) that is essentially just sending a stronger “i want sex” message than a naked, casual body.

Flag Post

^i wouldn’t worry to much about the “boner” issue. you could have the same fears at any regular beach, yet it usually works out.

non-sexual nudity is still non-sexual.

Flag Post

I would not do so because my body is only reserved for those who fork over enough .
I would lose business if it was available en masse , you know .
Heh ~

Flag Post
Originally posted by facistjoe:

I would visit a nudist camp, but not take clothes off myself.

Well Joe it seems me and you agree on something not surprising since we are both Joe’s.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

^i wouldn’t worry to much about the “boner” issue. you could have the same fears at any regular beach, yet it usually works out.

Well, at normal beaches there are easy methods of hiding it, something i imagine nudist beaches lack.

Flag Post

I used to be real shy when I was younger, but once i grew up I became extremely confident and out-going. I never really find myself in a socially awkward situation and I’m always willing to try out new things and go new places, so I don’t think a nudist colony would break my composure.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Criks:

Well, at normal beaches there are easy methods of hiding it, something i imagine nudist beaches lack.

Well…yes & no. It is customary for nudists to carry a towel w/ them so when they sit they have a way to separate their “anal orifice” from my fine Corenthian leather chairs.

One could merely use the towel to cover any “misquided interests”. However, using a boner to carry the towel is highly frowned upon. A woman needing more than one towel to squelsh a “wettie” is immediately taken to a “special room” for necessary “chastisement”.

But, as OD points out, MOST nudists simply want—among other reasons—the freedom to search their soul and work on issues regarding discrimination based on physical appearances. Believe me, a person gains a whoooole lot better perspecive on what is “typical” in society rather than what Hollywood, TV, mags, etc. present.

I think this kind of perspective helps a person be much for accepting of the “flaws” in ppl. Sure, I see babes that I would luv to run off into the woods w/….but, being able to exercise control (in this “extreme” temptation) certainly helps in RL where I also find women who are quite attractive…..fully dressed OR dressed “teasingly” OR at “regular beaches//pools”.

Look at it this way, I’m less prone to “undressing a woman w/ my eyes” if I’ve seen a whole lot of ’em w/out clothes and have had the good fortune to be able to know them as a person. PLUS, one will soon discover that there are a whoooole lot more “notties” than “hotties”…even though the clothes can say otherwise. I.e….ones perspective on the truth of bodies will likely change.

Originally posted by Snowe:

I used to be real shy when I was younger, but once i grew up I became extremely confident and out-going. I never really find myself in a socially awkward situation and I’m always willing to try out new things and go new places, so I don’t think a nudist colony would break my composure.

Aha….this reason is why one should go to a camp AT LEAST ONCE. How can one have much of an opinion on something if they have little-2-NO experience w/ such things in life. If a person doesn’t “bump their comfort zone” often….just what kind of life do they live by being so “safe”? EXPANDEVOLVEGROW!!!! Doing so most certainly DOES build confidence and help one achieve social confidence.

Just a side note here to poner on: I’m awfully careful where I put my hands in public…esp. when eating (or any other experience where my hands & mouth interact a lot). This is because there is ONLY a very thin layer of cloth separating that sitting device & someone else’s “uglies” & the things “secreted” by them. Nice thought….eh? LOL

So, the next time a fast-food employee is wiping down those fiber-glass//plastic booths and doing the seats & tables w/ the same wash cloth….ya might consider a little cleaning of the table on your own.

I’ve sent countless of requests to such restautrant corp. headquarters suggesting they provide wipes in the dining areas (some restaurants are even very lacks about timely bussing of the tables) like grocery markets have to wipe down the carts and spas have to clean the sweat (of others) from the equipment (typically, one wipes the equipment themselves…as a common courtesy.)

Flag Post

If it’s just for the sake of “stripping”, then of course not. Anything of which has a sufficient reason is justified. In other words, my decision depends on the circumstances. Only under abnormal conditions would I willingly visit a nudist camp and join providing there are decent alternatives

Flag Post

If there was any reason for me to go. It would be to help this perverted head of mine. I dislike these thoughts and how controlling they are of my body’s stimuli.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Deathagorn:

If there was any reason for me to go. It would be to help this perverted head of mine. I dislike these thoughts and how controlling they are of my body’s stimuli.

Your profile is private….so I don’t know your age.

BUT, if ya’re “young”….this “controlling” thing ya speak of is called: raging hormones.
Going to a nudist camp might be a good way for ya to delve into actual “experimentation” w/ your “perversion” that might help ya better understand your thoughts. This process is commonly known as LIFE. At least the “good” ones….in my opinion.

Flag Post

^what are “these thoughts” that would be helped by a nudist colony above the much more available internet anything?

Flag Post

^what are “these thoughts” that would be helped by a nudist colony above the much more available internet anything?

LOL….yeah, that kinda “piqued” my interest, too. I just “assumed”….stoooopid of me???

Flag Post

i probably wouldnt mind at all. ive gone skinny dipping with friends and (this will sound odd) family. of course not all at the same time. im rather comfortable with my body and as long as im in the right mind set and can keep excitement at a minimal level id be rather fine with staying in such a camp for an extended period of time.

Flag Post

I wasn’t sure who made this thread, but then I saw “,,,” (three comas in a row) in the title and knew it was KKK. I’m really curious as to what “,,,” means. Could someone clarify?

Flag Post

I doubt I’d mind nudity, although any sexual arousal that comes along could be rather awkward. What is the common nudist attitude towards seeing arousal, anyway? I am uncertain if it would be cared about or not.

Flag Post

I’m extremely shy, but I would if I knew a few people that went there.
I’d spare everyone the horror and wait a few more months till I’m less of a trash pile to even consider taking off much if any of my clothes, however.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:

I wasn’t sure who made this thread, but then I saw “,,,” (three comas in a row) in the title and knew it was KKK. I’m really curious as to what “,,,” means. Could someone clarify?

A comma indicates a pause , to breathe and gather thoughts. So, logically a stylistic ,,, indicates a much longer pause to gather your thoughts based on what you’ve just read, before continuing on to the conclusion.

I like the style, personally. … generally means ‘and so on, and so forth, et cetera’, so having a different stylistic reflection for ‘pause for a moment, and think on that’ really helps when you are trying to take in complex concepts. It flows like you were hearing it spoken to you, rather than reading it. I think that’s why I like his style so much.

Flag Post

an ellipsis is used for a … a pauze like you described. a comma, on the other hand, devides sections in a sentence. i don’t see any purpose to “,,,”.

well maybe a combination of the ellipsis pauze with comma seperation.

Flag Post

Yes, but … has other meanings. A better choice would be a colon, but as I said, I like his style.

Flag Post

Yeah, what vika said….lol

PLUS, were I to be someone else first encountering my writing style,,,I’d much rather be “confronted” w/ the task of learning it (wow-0-wow…imagine THAT: learning)… rather than trying to decipher some of the run-on shit I see here cuz they don’t know who to use even the basics of punctuation. AND, many here certainly could use a bit of editing on their “oh-so-correct” writing, too. I often wonder if ppl even “proof read” their posts.

Good gawd, (some) ppl… stop being so fucking anal and take it for what it is….a "language that is “overuse” (abuse?) of punctuation to indicate BASICALLY AN OPEN SPACE W/OUT WORDS. Of course, like vika says…I could fill in those spaces w/ the many ways we do in spoken CONVERSATION,,,,which is exactly what I FEEL I am doing in DISCUSSING issues here. I AM NOT in a formal debate. I’m NOT trying to “win” anything. How foolish.

Such face-2-fac conversational spaces are filled w/…..
As vika states….the implicit: “pause for a moment, and think on that”
errrrrrrrr…
ahhhhhh….
hmmmmm…
(dead silence)…
the ever-popular: YOU KNOW…or: LIKE

Usually it is done, very simply, so that the punctuation CAN BE SEEN,,,and therefore NOT MISSED…. as it is often done because of the character next to it.

As I’ve stated before,
those who haven’t the ability to learn MY “language” would just as well probably have difficulty understanding the message in it. As in many areas in life, the real intelligence of a person is often measured by what they FOCUS on.

Small minds focus on only the small.
Big minds focus on the big picture and how all of the small things are connected to make that picture greater than the sum of the small parts.