Ok (locked)

5 posts

Flag Post

ok i try to make a game and it wont let me can any 1 help me ?

Flag Post

What do you mean by ‘try to make a game?’

Flag Post

And what do you mean by ‘it won’t let you?’

Flag Post

Does this topic really belong here?

Flag Post

No, it doesn’t. Splately – as a quick intro, you will need Adobe Flash (or FlashDevelop combined with a vector graphics editor) in order to develop Flash games. Please note that Adobe Flash is rather expensive (about $600 last time I checked). You will need some basic programming skills as well. There is a great thread in the Programming forum here dedicated to explaining some of what you will need in order to get going with creating games.

You can also try looking at Yoyogames which is a great resource for developing and sharing games created with GameMaker, or even Scratch which is a great beginner’s tool to learning some basics of programming game flow and events. Please note that neither GameMaker nor Scratch games will work on Kongregate, but they are good resources for anyone wanting to learn some basics of game development.

I’m going to lock this thread since it doesn’t belong here and there are numerous similar threads already in the Programming forum. Please visit that forum (and specifically the thread I linked to above) and look around to learn about what is required to make games. And good luck! :)