cold sores. page 2

31 posts

Flag Post

I belive this link will give you answers.

Flag Post

Wow good info there mils! jsut a quick note though. Chicken pox isn’t ‘herpes’ but it is from the same family of viruses. HSV1 and HSV2 are the viruses which cause genital and oral herpes and and they can BOTH cause either type – either genital or oral or both.

Flag Post

HSV1 and HSV2 are the viruses which cause genital and oral herpes and and they can BOTH cause either type – either genital or oral or both.

I’m glad you mentioned that. Some people don’t realize that you can catch/transmit herpes through oral sex, which could really suck (pun admittedly intended…). In general, I have no problem with people asking for advice and clarification in these forums – not everything has to be a debate. We could have a “weight loss tips” topic or “study habits” or whatever. Though I think this particular questions probably could have been an easy Wiki/Google/WebMD answer (as was mentioned earlier).

Flag Post

Yes, in future remember: Google IS your friend.

And Phoenix, that is just terrible.

Flag Post

Ive had cold sores, but I dont have herpes or any disease.

One part of this statement is incorrect. Better hope it’s the first part. :-P

Flag Post

Indeed – I found this to be a pretty funny statement as well. :)

I wonder if we don’t have a slight confusion in terms here though. I’m going to paraphrase this article, which has information that agrees with what I’ve been told before. There are three terms that are often confused: “cold sores”, “canker sores”, and “fever blisters”. Cold sores and fever blisters are the same thing, and they are caused by herpes simplex. It is unknown what causes canker sores, and approximately 20% of the general population suffers from them.

The easiest way to tell the difference is that cold sores/fever blisters occur on the outside of the mouth, usually around the lips, but can be farther out. Canker sores occur inside the mouth.