Scientists are predicting Ice Age.

44 posts

Flag Post

Scientists are predicting another Ice Age. I’ve already seen the movie so I know its going to be a hilarious family adventure!

Flag Post

…more details

Flag Post

billyfred is so flippin funny you rock!!!

Flag Post

666 posts billy thats a bad sign. Post this on another part ingenious comedian

Flag Post

Right… They’re thinking its a possibility. For those of you who have seen The Day After Tomorrow, the science in the movie was sound and the result is a real possibility. The time frame was just sped up, as they said in the movie.

Flag Post

There actually saying its more then a possibility, there leaning closer towards it will happen.

Flag Post

The 1970s called. They want their hysteria back.

Flag Post

Einar++

Scientists predict a lot of things. Don’t listen to what the media hype, because they love to hype nonsense. Hyping is what created hyppies, you know, and we don’t want to go back to that.

Flag Post

So scientists are always predicting so we shouldn’t believe them?

Flag Post

OK, what was the whole gay thing about?

Flag Post

Oh, i’m not sure. I’ll edit that out.

Flag Post

Science: The study of the world around us whilst involving scientific method

That is what i was always told science was. Nowdays it seems like if anyone has an idea… does some half assed test then “publishes it” then its science. It happens all the time, and the media often blow things way out of proportion.

Flag Post

Another ice age is pretty much inevitable unless humanity goes out of its way to prevent one, and the general consensus among scientists seems to be we’re doing the opposite.

Flag Post

Wasn’t it “OMG GLOBAL WARMING WILL KILL US ALL” just a couple years/months ago? >.>

Flag Post

Global warming… your doin it wrong

Flag Post

The Sun will inevitably become a nova. It’s a matter of scale. The extinction of humanity is most assuredly well out of scale with ice ages.

Also: Some scientists are pretty convinced that global warming is bringing about another ice age. If that seems a contradiction, remind yourself that water weighs a lot, ice is cold, and there’s a hell of a lot of ice in the polar caps. Sprinkle some of that around the world, and you have yourself a snowcone. Or, snowglobe, as it were.

Flag Post

Wasn’t it “OMG GLOBAL WARMING WILL KILL US ALL” just a couple years/months ago? >.>

The increase in temperature will stop an important current in the pacific which will have major knock on effects, or something along those lines. As in, global warming could bring it on. This is nothing new however, they were teaching this stuff when I still did geography and new material usually takes a while to enter the curriculum.

Flag Post

I think theres a big question we need to ask. One that everyone always overlooks. Does it matter?

Things will change. Things ARE changing. It may get a lot warmer or it may get colder. The earth constantly goes through these climate changes. We’re contributing to it. We’re making it happen faster. Thus, it becomes more noticeable. What are we all really worried about?

Is it the survival of humanity? We have houses. We have heaters and we have air conditioners. We can create artificial environments to grow crops or cattle.

Is it the survival of the rest of the earth’s species? Species evolve and they die. Its been happening since the first traces of life appeared on a very different earth a ridiculously long time ago. The earth is always changing. Species are always evolving. One of the mass extinctions killed off an estimated 95% of all species on the planet. The earth survived that.

So, why is this climate change feared so much? Will it really affect us that much?

Flag Post

Is it the survival of humanity? We have houses. We have heaters and we have air conditioners. We can create artificial environments to grow crops or cattle.

Some of us do, can…

Flag Post

Yeah, an ice age is coming. Once global warming kills off the human population and our caveman survivors are unable to produce any more pollution, our polar ice caps will eventually return.

Is it the survival of the rest of the earth’s species? Species evolve and they die. Its been happening since the first traces of life appeared on a very different earth a ridiculously long time ago.

Adapting to small changes over hundreds of thousands of years =/= surviving drastic changes over one hundred years.

Flag Post

We can create artificial environments to grow crops or cattle.

There is hardly any of that stuff ready, and it’d be impossible to get it all around the world. So imagine the prices everything would be going at… $200 for milk. Nobody can afford that kind of price. That would lead to a massive impact on the population, and only rich bastards (No offence greg) would be left.

Flag Post

“The Sun will inevitably become a nova.”
Actually out sun is doomed to become a white dwarf star and then, slowly cool over billions of years into a black dwarf. Our sun does not have enough fuel for a type II nova and we ‘obviously’ don’t have a binary star system to have a type I.

Flag Post

Do you mean that scientists have predicted an ice age sometime in the future? They’re right. There will be another one at some point, as it happens in cycles.

Flag Post

Near future to be more precise.

Flag Post

Near future in what sense? A geological sense? What’s your source?