Difference between global warming and climate change?

13 posts

Flag Post

+some evidence of either that hasent been debunked or explained by something other than GW or GC

(&yes I know theres alot of spelling mistakes)

Flag Post

Global climate changes means any change, which is a big overplayed card that basically says the earth hasn’t stopped changing tempatures. Global warming is just the heating of the earth, which may or may not be true.

Flag Post

Why do people clog the serious discussion forums with questions that have been either raised in other forums or can be answered in one post without the need for the creation of an entire thread?

Global warming is the earth heating up

Climate change is the idea that the earth’s climate is changing- not necessarily heating up

Try googling the question before posting a thread. Use a little spell check to fix the thread title, its annoying when something really stupid can be fixed with the utmost ease.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/9/topics/3432

Flag Post

yea thats kinda my understanding, but the 1degree heat increase, n the thing their measuring that they call the hole in the ozone,if youve ever seen the movie the core(if not i reccomend it) its somewhat like that, alot of the harmful rays from the sun are stopped by the earths magnetic feals, as in and magnetic feald(as a 7th grade science experment will show)there are weak spots,contential drift and the moving liqued and solid centers of the earth have aligned over a landmass now, in a year or two this will look as dumb as global cooling of the 70’s when they thought deforstation of the rainforests would reflect the suns rays and freeze the earth

Flag Post

global cooling of the 70’s when they thought deforstation of the rainforests would reflect the suns rays and freeze the earth

‘They’ being ‘mostly the press’ in that case, as opposed to ‘the overwhelming majority of the scientific community’ in this case.

Flag Post

Thankyou BongHits420, but i was trying to get peoples opinions on the subject too, trying to get a discussion going, bsides its not really cloging, if it goes unanswered long enough it will fall to the botten of the stack n u will never see it again

Flag Post

Thankyou BongHits420

Your quite welcome.

trying to get a discussion going

This isn’t really discussion material. Its more Q & A material.

but i was trying to get peoples opinions on the subject too

Your asking for definitions. There are no opinions involved here…

bsides its not really cloging

This, along with your other 3-4 pointless threads, does add up to clogging.

Flag Post

‘They’ being ‘mostly the press’ in that case, as opposed to ‘the overwhelming majoirty of the scientific community’

is also a valid sttement in tis situatation too

Flag Post

n the thing their measuring that they call the hole in the ozone

You have some confusion between global warming (thickening of the atmosphere with gases like carbon dioxide and methane leading to the earth trapping more heat, which has about a billion implications) vs increased UV exposure (so more cancer etc) due to damage to the ozone layer (spray deodrants etc) which blocks some UV. In short atmosphere traps infra red, ozone layer blocks ultra violet, and they’re completely seperate problems.

Incidentally deforestation on the scale it’s seen in South America is a contributor to global warming because less plants means less photosynthesis.

Flag Post

I know I had some misinterpretations that’s why I started this thread

Flag Post

I know you ‘had some misinterpretations’ otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered explaining. Relax, I’m not having a go at you.

Flag Post

…sorry every body els I’ve responded to has been killing me