What will happen to our sun in lets say....

29 posts

Flag Post

1 billon years?
A year?
A day?
Guys the sun will just turn into a red giant stage 1 of the dying part of our life support thingy-ma-bob.
Red giant
Chance that it will engulf mercury,venus,and even earth and possibly mars.
It’s un-avoidable either we deal with it or we fly to another solar system…
Which I don’t think that our tech is good enough to do that…I don’t know
just a theory.Anyway the sun will then for another billion years it will shrink cool down to the regular size but…Its still shrinking It will continue to do this for another billion years I think.Then it will become a white dwarf.
And our home,earth this whole freakin’ solar system will be a cold,silent,and dead place…Earth a burnt cold rock.It’s true but hey,Atleast we won’t be around when It happens,we’d be dead.
And all of this is true,but I think some of the facts are innacurate.
(I forgot to put that our sun will burn the planet to a crisp,kay?).

So there will be no(LULZ TEH WORLDZ ARE TEH PWNTNEZZ LoL)No I don’t think that the mayans are right it’ll go on like this for another 5 billion years.We’re fine,okay?

Flag Post

it will become something that looks like me

Flag Post

A supernova or black hole. Humans should be fixing the problem before it happened but we procrastinate so who gives a damn?

Flag Post

we still have 6 or so billion years, i doubt that the human race would even be around then

Flag Post

Randall Munroe thinks we might do this to our sun in the future:

Flag Post

We don’t need to worry about the sun right now. Its going to merrily shine for millions of years. By the time the sun actually becomes a problem, Humans won’t exist. We will have evolved into something smarter by then.

Flag Post

Or dumber, or simply be extinct.

Flag Post

I don’t think we’re going to devolve any time soon.

Flag Post

I think with the “proposed” missions to Mars and possible habitation of it in the next 100-200 years, the human race could actually progress far enough scientifically to leave this solar system – If we have the know-how to colonize a planet like Mars finding an “Earth-like” planet wouldn’t be a problem. With advances in medical technology – especially with research into human hibernation or possibly a safer form of cyrogenetic stasis we could move out in a generation’s lifespan…or two.

Flag Post

Evolving simple suggests change. I don’t think the devolving can actually exist because it would still be evolving. Devolution is just another silly concept given to us by bad sci fi movies like Super Mario Brors

Flag Post

The sun isn’t massive enough to become a supernova or a black hole, so it’ll just become a red giant and then shrink to a white dwarf. When it becomes a red giant though, it’ll still expand past the orbit of Mars, so that’ll be bad news for whatever’s left on Earth at that point. That won’t happen for millions of years though, and I imagine we’ll have either left the solar system or wiped ourselves out by that point anyway.

Flag Post

In a billion years we will be a race of superhuman and be smart enough to control the sun as our own :)

Flag Post

I doubt we’ll last another thousand years

Flag Post

Hawking radiation does not exist — so hadron super collider is going to create a black hole that engulfs the sun, triggering a gamma ray burst that destroys all nearby alien life.

The legacy of man.

Flag Post

Oh wow, I didn’t think anyone would catch me quoting the Super Mario Bros movie lol. I feel so ashamed. :(

Flag Post

We don’t need to worry about the sun right now

We need to worry about everything.

Flag Post

Then sun has about 5 billion years left tell supernova.

Flag Post

The sun won’t end in a supernova, it’s mass is simply too small to do that.
Have a go at reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun#Life_cycle

Flag Post

yeah were fine… unless humanity manages to survive a few billion years…

Flag Post

i was watching science channel and i think they found a planet similar to this 1 like in the next solar system over or something

Flag Post

Although 1 billion years is a long time it’ll be to hot to live on the inner planets and yet it would take to long to go to pluto,but we probably wont have the power to harness the power of light speed all though it would take a few hours to get there at that speed.
The sun will only turn into a nova.

Flag Post

The Sun exploded, just wait about 8 minutes.

Flag Post

Honestly, I believe Earth only has a few thousand habitable years anyway. Eventually, it’ll end up like a very tame version of Venus, too hot for life, lots of horrible acids and gasses everywhere. Hopefully by then we’ll have made a massive fleet of sleeper ships (in which all the inhabitants are frozen, hoping that we’ve worked out cryofreezing by then, and it would be extremely disappointing if we hadn’t) to head for some other Earth like planet that we’ll give about 50,000 years of good climate, and then proceed to destroy.

I’m assuming that the human race will be a fraction of the size it is now, due to various issues that I really don’t want to explain such as wars, famine, drought and starvation, and that we will have created spaceships that can successfully escape this solar system, as well as be fairly tough so they don’t get destroyed by space dust. We should also have robots (tempted to say droids) that can reanimate us.

Or maybe we’ll simply create several enourmous space stations to carry the human remenent.

Whatever happens, I don’t have bright hopes for the human race. We stay ignorant and uncaring every generation, and there doesn’t appear to be any way to turn this around. Truly, we are far more suited to the African sivanna hunting wildebeast then commanding large amounts of money and making world changing choices. I’d bet in a few more thousand years after whatever path is taken once Earth becomes an acidic/radioactive/hyperheated wasteland all the humans will be gone. Couldn’t have come sooner, if you ask me.

Really, no species such as ours could possibly continue to exist for millions of years. Only a significantly more peaceful species that puts greater meaning on intellegence and diplomacy then strength and military might could have a hope as they begin to meet technology that can easily destroy worlds, and I suspect all sophisticated alien civilisations would eventually, even if they had not attempted to do so. Perhaps the Amish actually have the best idea. Technology will bring our downfall, probably, mainly through weapons. Modern thermo-nuclear weapons could no doubt level entire continents.

Sorry if this didn’t really cover the sun, but I think that that is very uninteresting compared to what will happen to the human race, the sun has a timeline of things that will happen to it. We know exactly the steps it will take. Us humans, however, have a much less predictable fate.

Flag Post

Dude don’t you watch Family Guy Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen until the Jews are gone and austin powers + Doctor Evil just woke up! Starvation and famine are basically the same thing too…so yea……..

Flag Post

You can experience a famine without starving.