Afraid Of Sugar?

43 posts

Flag Post

I’m starting to believe that some if not, most of the people, which are mostly Americans, are afraid of sugar. I am not saying they are 100% afraid of it, but like drinks, candy, etc. They are just afraid to get fat (Ladies..). They say it’s “Sugar Free” on the product, they removed the sugar and added, Aspartame+ and +Phenylketonurics. Those 2 are artificial sugar that are 10x sweeter, and they cost less. The consequences of using these artificial sugar allows them to have a high chance of having cancer. The people who buy these sugar free stuff may be skinny, but will most likely get cancer soon. So, are people afraid of sugar? I don’t really know yet. But I will find out from you guys.

Sugar makes you fat. People don’t like to be fat.

Flag Post

I doubt people in the developed world as a whole are afraid of sugar, what with the skyrocketing obesity levels and all, and if aspartame really did have a ‘high chance’ of causing cancer I highly doubt it would still be approved for sale.

Flag Post

I like sugar. Sugar tastes good. I don’t like high fructose corn syrup.

Seriously, try Coca-Cola from Mexico sometime. It’s so much better than the stuff we have here – but the only difference in recipe is, I believe, the usage of sugar instead of HFC.

Flag Post

I actually prefer the taste of Diet Coke. It’s less syrupy. Also normal Coca Cola tends to give me a bit of acid reflux.

Flag Post

I’m scared of Diet and Sugar Free stuff. It tastes nasty to me. And as long as I’m fit, I guess its okay if I eat and drink the normal stuff.

Flag Post

Last I heard, it was shown that people who consume large quantities of artificial sweeteners would develop a white ‘film’ around their brain and other strange things like that, however there was no indication of increased risk of cancer or any other side effect from the strange substance!

I have not personally researched it.

Either way, I consume a lot of artificial sweeteners and only like to consume sugar when it is indeed sugar, from either sugar beets or sugar cane. High fructose corn syrup sucks.

Flag Post

Sugar makes me hyper! o.O

Flag Post

Artificial sweetners do not cause cancer, white “film” around the brain, or any of that crap. Where do you people get these ideas?

Flag Post

Honestly, I really prefer real sugar to those sweeteners in taste terms, however I don’t really drink that much soft drink, so it doesn’t harm me to have some. Regular drinkers probably should get the sweetener.

Edit: 12,000th post in Serious Discussion!

Flag Post

Sweet, 12k posts.

Flag Post

I drink Mug Root Beer once a week since there’s no caffeine in it and caffeine makes you stupid or for my case, awake till 1AM even if it’s not that strong.

If you exercise and take a soft drink once in a while, you’ll be fit. Why torture yourself not drinking soft drinks? I lost some 10kg by doing that.

Flag Post

Do you know what makes me laugh?

When someone walks up to the counter at McD’s, and orders two Big Macs, Large Fries and a Diet Coke.

Flag Post

@Redem here’s where they get the carcinogenic ideas:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2159386_dangers-artificial-sweeteners.html

AlisonClaire told me about the white ‘film’ thing. I didn’t bother to fact check because who would doubt her!

Flag Post

Sugar and fat are good for you, they give you energy. Just make sure you use that energy…

Low fat is ok I think, low sugar can taste a bit too much of whatever the sugar was covering up, but replacement sugar? Diet coke justs tastes nasty.

Flag Post

The people who buy these sugar free stuff may be skinny, but will most likely get cancer soon.

Most likely? You mean ‘possibly’.

Flag Post

OMG THE BISCUIT I’M EATING ARE 4% FAT!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG.

Who cares?

And no, i’m not afraid of it.

Also:

They are just afraid to get fat (Ladies..)

Thats why they adopt.

Flag Post

Hmm, well being afraid of sugar… I guess I am. Fat freaks me out, seriously, I can’t handle it.

As for it being good for you, some fats are necessary and some sugar is necessary. The energy you get is from calorie intake, not sugar and fat. Candy bars and soda are unnecessary empty calories. Eating is for survival not indulgence, that’s why there are too many fat people.

If more people were “afraid of sugar” we’d have less obesity in the USA. People think because it says sugar free that it’s good for you, but they don’t look at calories and fat, it all plays a role.
I personally try to stay away from processed foods, and eat vegetables and get my sugar from fruit.

Flag Post

People don’t look at the Nutrition Facts or the Ingredients these days because they only look at the front label. But seriously, artificial sugar does and will cause cancer people.

Flag Post

The Italian study that concluded aspartame might be a carcinogen was just a single study.

In the past 20 years, aspartame has undergone many safety reviews – and has consistently been shown to be completely safe. The most recent of these safety reviews was carried out by the European Commission’s Scientific Committee on Food (SCF), who reviewed more than 500 papers published in the scientific literature between 1988 and 2001 on the safety of aspartame. Its review included studies supporting the safety of aspartame and others pointing to potential adverse effects. Following this extensive review, the SCF concluded aspartame was safe.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/AspartameQandA

Flag Post

Everything now-a-days causes you to get cancer and why Americans? That’s a stereotype. That’s saying that most people are Americans? Try Chinese…O.o

Flag Post

Everything now-a-days causes you to get cancer and why Americans? That’s a stereotype. That’s saying that most people are Americans? Try Chinese…O.o

Because America is the most obese culture.

Flag Post

I submit the following evidence to support the OP:

We’re viewing Pork Rinds (for those who don’t know, this is deep-friend pig skin) as health food because it has no carbs (sugars).

facepalm

Flag Post

Nice! Imma go get me some pork rinds!

Flag Post

Oh snap! I can eat pork rinds on my diet? Today is going to be a good day…

Flag Post

Take that Dr. Atkins!