Afraid Of Sugar? page 2

43 posts

Flag Post

Hmmmmm… Which pork rinds should I eat? The spicy version, the original, the salty, or the salsa version… This is hard to decide. LOL :D I might as well just take them ALL! Bahaha!

Flag Post

Because America is the most obese culture

Wrong. Our citizens may be not be the chain smoking, heavy drinking, non shaving, health freaks some of our neighbors to the east are but our culture is very LOSE WEIGHT AND BE HEALTHY!!! Which is funny actually. The average American is overweight but our own culture rebells against us by showing the atypical American of Hollywood and demanding we be that.

Flag Post

Uh, say what, kris? I don’t know if we’re the most, but I know (last I heard) 68% of Americans are overweight or obese.

Flag Post

I think he’s saying that America may be the most obese country, but it also has a culture of showing unrealistic ideals in the media that people can’t live up to.

Flag Post

our culture is very LOSE WEIGHT AND BE HEALTHY!!!

It’s because of the extreme obesity. It called ways to make money. Our country is fat so it’s easy for companies to come out with sugar free products and ways to make it seem like we are concerned with losing weight, when the reality is, we’re only concerned with losing weight because our country is fat.

… if it weren’t fat, it wouldn’t be “very LOSE WEIGHT AND BE HEALTHY!!!”

Flag Post

The picture of health.

Flag Post

Something to add to mistress17’s post is that some restaurants have also bumped up prices while decreasing serving sizes while claiming to care about their customers… hah.

For myself (an American female), I usually avoid stuff that says sugar free, though I’ve had a few things with Splenda (yogurt drink stuff) in it.

I have, however, known several people, both male and female without medical reasons to do so, who will only drink/eat diet, sugar free, etc. items, sometimes believing that it’s more healthy. For others, as early as middle school, they only drank diet pop, yet knew aspartame caused cancer but were driven to be thinner. The funny thing is, that same person would order diet pop with french fries and other food items that are pretty obviously unhealthy >.>

Flag Post

I feel I should add something else to this. Another common misconception is organic = healthy. While organic may not have pesticides in it, it can certainly be loaded with fat and calories. Yeah, sure, it’s all natural, but it still needs to be taken in with care.

Flag Post

BillyFred, remove that image please. That scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it.. And that is very disgusting. >:(

Flag Post

Well, phitelketinariacs should be all killed…

Flag Post

I say eat all the unhealthy stuff you want, and don’t do exercise if you want. Just don’t come crying when you are 5000 stone. I find weirder people who practically cover themselves and children in a plastic, sealed, ball. Then for the rest of their life they constantly catch things because they don’t have an immune system. I go to my school farm [a ticket to being made fun of] and I have a dog and a cat. When the virus bombs are dropped on britain I WILL SURVIVE. But back on topic as said before it’s not so much sugar-phobia as weight-phobia. People should learn that, milk=good, fat=highest energy per gram and it tastes nice, carbs [simple and complex]=main needed stuff, protein=vital for good body. Eat everything and work on a farm and you will survive the apocalypse to the ripe old age of 102.

Flag Post

I personally dislike anything that is ‘diet’ in taste. It tastes much sweeter than the real beverage and makes me gag. I can’t stomach too much Mug Root Beer, Coke, or Pepsi because of it’s high sugar levels and syrupy taste. Sugar is okay, but it depends on what form its in.

Flag Post

When the virus bombs are dropped on britain I WILL SURVIVE.

Only if they’re dropping diseases you can catch on a farm I’m afraid. If they drop smallpox or weaponised anthrax for instance, you’ll be as screwed as everyone else.

Flag Post

If they drop smallpox

Actually, if you’ve caught cowpox before, then you’re immune to smallpox.

Flag Post

good point

I don’t think cowpox is particularly common nowadays though.

Flag Post

Sugar is not really what people look/watch out for. It’s the calories in each food intake. Like suppose you had 1 burrito(beans and cheese) that would be equal to 189 calories. (Imagine that?) Calorie intake would vary tough depending on what you eat and day to day activities. Either active or sedentary. Carbohydrates are mainly used for energy… once these Carbohydrates become unused, they build up as fats.
thus the bulging belly
People who should look at their sugar levels are mostly those who have diabetis… I would say they are most preferbly the once who are “afraid of sugar”.
Just remember that a little is not enough but too much is just too plenty… so just keep things in moderation.

Flag Post

cowpox has been irradicated. It no longer exsist.

Flag Post

Due to my outdoorsy lifestyle i am the uber-mench, no disease is deadly to me, and to test it I will now give myself bird flu.

Do not be too thin, do not be too fat and please, oh please, don’t eat that arsenic covered hat. The instructions for life.