The Draft page 6

132 posts

Flag Post

By “aggressor” I mean, by action or by intent, someone who has or would commit an act of aggression.

Flag Post

Using the word aggression in your definition of aggressor doesn’t really help. Acts of aggression worthy of death would include an attempt to punch someone?

Flag Post

Kyriva, much respect… you are right

Flag Post

Flag Post

O.K then, lets wrap this debate up if we’re not getting anywhere.

Me and Eketek believe that it would be immoral and unnecessary for a draft to be implemented because it takes away the rights of a some to benefit the majority. We see this as forced slavery, and would rather have the United States crumble physically than to have it crumble morally.

Kyriva, you believe that the loss of the rights of a few is not a great offense if it is to serve the greater good. You would rather have forced slaves protect the country than see the country conquered.

Its pretty much a stalemate, seeing as its really hard to debate moral values.

But we can all agree that conscription for any war that is not a defensive war is unjust.

If no one has any problems with these statements, then I declare this thread closed.

Flag Post

> But we can all agree that conscription for any war that is not a defensive war is unjust.

Indeed. Looks like that’s all we can agree on.

Flag Post

I’ll agree to that, though I lean a little with Kyriva (it depends on the scale of the war. If 100 nukes are flying at the country, we might as well go down with freedom, but if there is a good chance (I’d say 2 3rds) that we would be able to actually win the war (with conscription) we might as well give up liberty now temporarily instead of giving it up for good. My opinion, of course.