Serious advice on 360/Wii/PS3 page 4

86 posts

Flag Post

I never found the D-pad on the xbox hard to use (in fact, I find the PS3 controllers hideously uncomfortable and harder to hold in my big hands, because I have to almost fully hook my fingers to hit the bumpers or hit them by using the first segment of my finger).

Maybe you just have small-ish hands?

Anyway, you missed battlefield: Bad Company from the list of Xbox 360 exclusives, and most any game with a strong focus on online will be better on the 360 than on the PS3 because of the less laggy online.

Flag Post

Sometimes I like trying to pick up my SixAxis with my butt cheeks. Hold it, hooold it.

Flag Post

Mils – try downloading the Alien Hominid demo and try ducking. Lemme know if that works well for you or not. BF – please don’t troll in here, or any of the other serious discussion threads (or any forum, for that matter).

Flag Post

I played the AH demo, don’t remember anything weird…

Flag Post

Anyway, you missed battlefield: Bad Company from the list of Xbox 360 exclusives, and most any game with a strong focus on online will be better on the 360 than on the PS3 because of the less laggy online.

I have it for PS3, no lag at all. My friend has it for PS3, he can never find a game, ranked or unranked.

Flag Post

Wii is a good system, it is my favorite out of the current 3, simply because it is a DIFFERENT system than all the others. It is also very cheap in the price range. It doesn’t have the best graphics ever, but again, graphics aren’t everything. If you are a Wii owner, you are going to have to pay a $5 activation fee to get the full internet channel. (as an experienced Wii owner, I did not see MUCH difference in the trial and full versions of the internet channel, so if you’re not going to be browsing the internet very much OR can’t even get a good connection on your Wii in the first place, there is no need to even upgrade to the full version. Also, installing mod chips will brick (break internally) your system, so by no means should they be installed unless you want to throw $250 and a VERY lucky find down the drain. Its wireless adapter is substantially less powerful than a computer, I have noticed that I must move the Wii to the middle of my room to get a connection. Also, make sure you have a 24/7 internet connection so that Wii connect 24 may be enabled. The Wii has an IBM processor inside of it, so it can be used for many uses, and its SD card compatibility is a plus for storing extra virtual console games and channels. Overall, the Wii is a VERY durable system (don’t test it) because I was over at my friends house playing Wii and his little brother tripped on a controller cord ans pulled the Wii across the floor, we picked it back up and resumed our game, the Wii seemingly unscathed.

Flag Post

for me, I have to say the PS3, the lack of games is somewhat annoying, PS3 goes more for the quality then quantity thing so that relatively equals it, the power/technology is 10/10 for me, the games have been equaled out since MGS4 was released (that game is addicting)the online is free (evil laugh) and good, though to be honest, the friend system as well as the overall online is pretty well better with the XBOX360, it still leans in favor of PS3 though, face it, I can’t stand shelling 50$ out a year for it… the controller for the XBOX lets you have a microphone, a pre-recorded message thing, and a little qwerty keyboard, my setup is a mic and keyboard for 360, and it has a charge lasting abut 3 times that of the PS3 controller, plus, the XBOX controller doesn’t occasionally screw up like on PS3, that is fixable if you have it plugged in to the PS3, I have 3 USBs plugged in to my PS3 controller, the PS3 seems to be a bit of a hybrid of the XBOX and the wii, it has some of the interactivity of the wii, while being the dominant one in the way of classic console style, in the end, I somewhat grudgingly admit it (lol), the XBOX and PS3 are equal in my opinion.

Flag Post

Phoenix, I think there is a difference between the D pad being badly placed and a game using the button badly. I mean, try playing, say, a shooting game, but make it so that all of your turning is controlled by the bumpers instead of the right stick. That would be equally awkward, despite the bumpers being placed where they should be.

Flag Post

I’m not talking about placement, I’m talking about functionality. It is very difficult to press down on the d-pad without some sideways movement being registered. Might be good for some 2D fighting games, but that’s about it.

Flag Post

…buttons, and most importantly I hate the directional pad. As far as I’m concerned the D-pad is complete crap. I have two…

I agree, it is pretty bad.

By the way, you got Xbox LIVE yet? if so, add me, xI BR4D Ix, im the one with 21,000G :D

Flag Post

Ahhhh,I don’t like the ps3 as much as xbox.
Though you can play xbox on the 360,you need a harddrive