Abuse by authority figures caught on tape

4 posts

Flag Post

Post clips of people in positions of authority abusing there power and discuss what others have posted. Police, politicians, down to the local school board. Try to make it recent news with link to articles about it if possible.

News StoryFollowupRaw VideoWhere I found this story

Flag Post

I don’t have anything recent, but that video looks pretty bad. I don’t know whether the video has been edited and the cop actually had a reason to, but from what is shown he looks like he initiates the confrontation. There are many great people who dedicate their lives to law enforcement, it’s sad they get their reputation tarnished by the few who don’t choose to do the same.

Flag Post

I’m not sure why showing that some people with authority will abuse it. It’s a fact. What’s really sad is that the only videos making it on the news are of some power tripper beating a loud mouth teenager or a cop tazing some idiot who was causing a scene. Nobody cares when people with authority do great things. We all only want to see the bad that people do, which is why reality shows are so popular.

Flag Post

When authority does its job properly, no one notices. Authority isn’t there to do great things. It’s there to allow great things to happen. The best authority is one you neither see nor hear.