Evolution; scientific fact or believed by faith?

382 posts

Flag Post

I have heard many Creationist use the idea that evelution is not scientificly proven and must be beleive by faith. Eveluionist say that it is scientificly proven. Plzz support either one and explain why it is true or believed by faith.

I don’t beleive in evelution, but so many Evelutionist claim it is a scientific fact. Yes, this is a debate forum. :)

Flag Post

Evolution IS scientifically proven, as well as logic proven. Just accept it.

Flag Post

Anyone want to back up his statement, or would you like to state your own opinion.

Flag Post

I don’t see why anyone would waste time spoonfeeding you evidence for evolution. You clearly have an internet connection, give it a spin and come back with any confusions you still have.

Flag Post

If I looked it up on the internet I would either get proof from a evolutuionis stand point or a creationist stand point. It would just make me come back with ways to argue against evolution because I am a Christian. Then it would create a back and forth arguement lasting forever.

Flag Post

Even if you are religious, why can’t evolution be the anwser to how, not why? I mean, a lot of the scripture in the bible seems like its not supposed to be taken literally.

Its backed by science, which we can prove, versus faith, which is speculation.

Flag Post

I do beleive in a small amount of evolution, but not humans evolving and God just starting life with one creature. I think that species can change their breeds, but I do not beleive in them turning into a whole other speicy( I think I always spell that word wrong :))

Flag Post

Whether you chose to believe in evolution or not is inconsequential to whether or not it is supported by scientific fact. Despite the fact that some individuals do not believe in evolution doesn’t make it a matter of faith; there’s a great deal of research that supports (read: proves) evolution and natural selection are both very real parts of nature. Creationism necessitates faith because it is an idea that that runs conversely to modern scientific findings and evidence procured from nature. It’s not supported by logic, reason, or evidence.

Flag Post

There is not enough evidence to prove God. For now there is no way to change that.
I do not understand why you think evolution is a fact. People say there are no promblems, there are plenty of promblems in evolution

Flag Post

There are no problems with evolution.

Do us both a favour and visit talk.origins.

Flag Post

Here are two articles going the oppisite ways

Creationist: http://www.ptgbook.org/evolutionisfaith.htm

Evolutionist: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Sorry if I didn’t get good websites. I am not doing this to prove anything. Its just two perspectives on evolution.

Flag Post

Would you trust global warming research from Shell? No? Same deal with evolution. All evidence on Creationist sites is obviously going to have a pro-Creationist bias. Therefore, linking to a Creationist site to prove Creationism is useless. The only surefire, unbiased way to get information is through cold, hard evidence, which evolution has plenty of.

Flag Post

Your were right about the useless attempt. All evolutionist want facts because they know they won’t get any hard facts that would change their mind. The only thing that can is their own desition. As long as people believe in evolution they can feel free from any responsibility of sin and do whatever they want. I believe that there is a God and that we are all accountable to Him, evolution takes that idea away providing care free life where you can do as you please.

Evolution has hard evidence? If you search for facts and science then I will argue no more.

Plzz everyone continue to post your idea on evolution being fact, or another faith.

Flag Post

All evolutionist want facts because they know they won’t get any hard facts that would change their mind

Which is kind of the point. They want evidence to support the creationist claims. The evolution side of the argument has collected plenty of evidence and the only argument creationists have is a 2000 year old book and the ability to point out flaws in the opposing argument, which grow fewer and fewer as time passes on. The creationists have produced no evidence that supports their hypothesis.

Flag Post

Who has fooled you into thinking evolution is proven?

Flag Post

Where did you get that idea from?

Flag Post

I don’t know.

Flag Post

You are a poor debater.

Flag Post

Evolution and creationism aren’t necessarily describing the same thing.

Flag Post

Creationists lie. It’s as simple as that.

They (those who use an argument more than once anyway) know they’re lying, and they just don’t care.

Example, the moon dust claim. They claim that if the moon were billions of years old the moon should be covered metres and metres of dust, and as we know it’s only covered in a few inches from actually landing there and checking, they claim that this proves it’s no billions of years old.

The claim is based of the measurement in the 70s by someone of the amount of dust falling onto his collector on top of a mountain. he decided that the only possible source of the nickel in the dust was meteoric, and assumed a vague proportion of all space dust was nickel and extrapolated from there.

The fact that he was downwind from an industrial area of the nearest town didn’t enter his mind.

The claim is easily proven to be orders of magnitude higher than the actual measured rate of infall from satellite measurements.

This doesn’t stop certain creationists from repeating the claim again and again and again despite being corrected.

Flag Post

God tells me not to believe evolution.

So I’ll go with him.

Flag Post

There is not enough evidence to prove God. For now there is no way to change that. I do not understand why you think evolution is a fact. People say there are no promblems, there are plenty of promblems in evolution

What problems?
And if there is not enough evidence to prove god, then why belive in him/her/it?
You obviously lack belief in evolution and that has so much fact backing it up that it has been proven.

Flag Post

God tells me not to believe evolution.

No, someone else told you that god doesn’t want you to believe in it. Unless you are LITERALLY hearing voices in your head of course…

Flag Post

In wich case you might need to get your head examined.

Flag Post

No, someone else told you that god doesn’t want you to believe in it. Unless you are LITERALLY hearing voices in your head of course…

The bibles, the word of God, tells me that evolution is not the cause of our existence.

My head is perfectly fine, Thank-you.