Is Sex before marriage allowed in Islam;Christianity.

152 posts

Flag Post

I wanna know if Sex before marriage is allowed in Islam and Christianity.

Flag Post

No.

Flag Post

my god nooo

Flag Post

It is if you want it to be.

Flag Post

We’ve already got TONS of threads on religion. Not sure why this question couldn’t have been asked in one of the other threads.

Flag Post

how am babbies forrmed?

Flag Post

No, we believe that sex is for marriage, nothing else. What are you trying to ask, sakket?

Flag Post

you didn’t get the joke.
http://www.7chan.org/fl/src/babby.swf
it’s sfw btw.

Flag Post

ah, no. Sex is considered a marriage exclusive for Christianity, as for Islam, probably the same thing, I wouldn’t know, because I’m not Islamic.

Flag Post

So why is everyone claiming to know that Islam doesn’t allow sex before marriage? Please don’t make guesses if you have no idea.

However, according to this source, you are right that Islam is pretty strictly against sex before marriage.

Why do you ask, unknown999?

Flag Post

sakket…How did you find that lol.

Flag Post

Uh, loads of Christians have no issue with sex before marriage.

Flag Post

you didn’t get the joke. http://www.7chan.org/fl/src/babby.swf it’s sfw btw.

This thread is stupid but this movie saved it.

Flag Post

phooltk – I would argue that they aren’t Christians then. The Bible is pretty explicit (and on multiple occasions) that sex outside of marriage (i.e. fornication) is not permitted.

Flag Post

phooltk – I would argue that they aren’t Christians then. The Bible is pretty explicit (and on multiple occasions) that sex outside of marriage (i.e. fornication) is not permitted.

The bible says alot of things that most people would not abide these days.
Especialy the old-testament.

Flag Post

a couple examples pleases Nithos.

Flag Post

wow, how long have you got?

Exodus 21:7- If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do.

Exodus 35:2- Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Leviticus 20:9- For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Leviticus 20:13- If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

Leviticus 24:16- And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

Leviticus 25:44- Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.

Matthew 5:30- And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Flag Post

what does that mean?

Flag Post

Leviticus is generally disregarded by most Christians…that’s true. Much more accurate would be to say that Christians should follow everything in the New Testament, since those are the rules that apply to today (as opposed to rules given before Christ died).

Flag Post

Off the top of my head

Ephesians 5:22-24 – Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Flag Post

Well, many Christians do follow that, just as many churches don’t allow women to be preachers or even elders. We see that at weddings even, when the wife’s name and identity are basically dropped and she becomes an accessory for the guy. No one said feminism / sexual equality was supported by the Bible.

Flag Post

I was just pointing to something in the new testament that was outdated and irrelevant.

Flag Post

’tis a good point, though much of the Bible is outdated and irrelevant, and yet still followed. The difference with Leviticus and the Old Testament is that some Christians recognize that part as outdated – few believe that you should be put to death for working on Sundays.

Flag Post

This is why I posted earlier in this thread “If you want it to be” or something like that.

Religious people do not get their morals from their holy books. Unless they adhere to everything in it (which is impossible since they contradict themselves) they pick and choose. Picking and choosing requires a selection process and a selection process requires a means of moral judgement. They already have their morals and merely choose to adhere to the parts of their holy book that agree with what they already believe.

So if you’re a Christian or a Muslim or whatever, if you want to have sex, do what you want. There will be something in the book somewhere to justify whatever action you could possibly do.

Flag Post

I really don’t think that’s true Navarre. I defy you to find a passage that supports pre-marital sex in the Bible. While there are some minor contradictions, as a whole the Bible is fairly consistent (especially considering the number of writers, translators, and years over which it has been composed). If you’re simply dropping Old Testament laws all together and adhering to New Testament ones, then I find that to be fairly consistent as well. Yes, it’s picking and choosing, but it’s based on an interpretation that the OT laws are no longer relevant, while NT ones are.