Kill everything. page 3

67 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by zeldata:
Violence video games just boom during 4-5 years ago until now.

You’re not being serious, are you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by ryan1114:

It is what it is.

How insightful.

actually, even though his opinion lacks the explanation, it does have some value. He is pretty much saying that the situation is already set and cant be changed, so why do we bother talking about it. Of course, he also probably doesnt realize that this is a discussion forum and was made to discuss stuff; so suggesting an option to stop discussing is against the forums ideals. IT IS INSIGHTFUL; just not practical.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hangman95:
Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by ryan1114:

It is what it is.

How insightful.

actually, even though his opinion lacks the explanation, it does have some value. He is pretty much saying that the situation is already set and cant be changed, so why do we bother talking about it. Of course, he also probably doesnt realize that this is a discussion forum and was made to discuss stuff; so suggesting an option to stop discussing is against the forums ideals. IT IS INSIGHTFUL; just not practical.

>Implying that I was being sarcastic.

Why am I trying to green-text?

Flag Post

You weren’t being sarcastic?!? (Awkward) :P

Flag Post

Because it’s fun, that’s why. We have the ability to be violent and choose to. Animals do it when they’re pissed off, protecting family or territory, trying to find food or mates, or are hurt. But people do it because we can…

Flag Post
Originally posted by MissMarionette:

Because it’s fun, that’s why. We have the ability to be violent and choose to. Animals do it when they’re pissed off, protecting family or territory, trying to find food or mates, or are hurt. But people do it because we can…

videogames.

we pvp to show our superiority

ancient people used physical weapons and only had 1 life
modern people use virtual combat because they are more cowardly

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:
Originally posted by MissMarionette:

videogames.

we pvp to show our superiority

ancient people used physical weapons and only had 1 life
modern people use virtual combat because they are more cowardly

Or maybe because we are smarter and realize we have a better chance of survival if we don’t get into fights to the death (And therefore pass on our genes).

As for the intelligence thing being “Unnecessary” for survival, I don’t think we needed to get smarter as a species at some point to survive as a whole, however, a slight increase in intelligence in a part of a generation (becoming more tech (and man-made objects or processes) savvy, more socially adept, etc) would give those smarter ones a slight competitive edge over the dumber ones and made it much more likely to survive. As a result it was sort of an evolutionary arms race among ourselves and the environment, where we didn’t “need” to be smarter to survive as a species, but we could survive “better”, thus intelligence was fostered and perpetuated throughout the generations before we evolved into the beings that created civilization which leads to today.

tl;dr: Smartness wasn’t exactly necessary, but it helped you survive better, therefore, smarter people evolved.

Flag Post

Because that’s how it should be.
The more capable and smart people shall be distinguished from the peasants.

If humans weren’t like this all these years we probably wouldn’t be here anymore, as another hostile species takes over.
The hostile always surpass the neutral, unless the neutral has a minigun.

Flag Post

Coming back to the OT…

We fight because we want to be the best, its a simple fact. When you get that promotion, win that race get an A on that assignment, whatever you get a good feeling, your happy. Now these are the more passive ways in which we do that but countries also want to be the best, this leads to wars, fights and other problems. Also trying to impose our ways upon other people typically doesn’t end well.

I don’t really believe there will be any more major world wars due to nukes (well, not in the conventional sense of boots on the ground) so I do believe were past of most of that kind of stuff (I really do hope we are, though terrorism probably will continue to be a problem).

I feel like I haven’t finished this post, but I can’t think of what else to write :(

Flag Post

I would rather be killed by the hands of another human being, than starve to death on an even more overpopulated planet.

Flag Post

Because we are animals. Like all other animals, we fight for resources, area, mates, and whatever else. Unlike most animals and due mostly to our complexity, we are able to fight about even more things than the average species, such as what you listed. All animals fight for resources, humans fight for more. We’ve evolved.

Originally posted by krazykanadian:

Because humans are selfish, greedy, violent, unstable, competitive creatures in which this planet would be way better off without.

Just like every other animal. Hurr durr.

Flag Post
Originally posted by QuoteTheSavior:

Because we are animals. Like all other animals, we fight for resources, area, mates, and whatever else. Unlike most animals and due mostly to our complexity, we are able to fight about even more things than the average species, such as what you listed. All animals fight for resources, humans fight for more. We’ve evolved.

Because humans are selfish, greedy, violent, unstable, competitive creatures in which this planet would be way better off without.

Yeah! We just one-up the animals because we fight for laptops, iPhones, plastics, burgers, everything! We have organised wars! But, well, I honestly can’t say much good about humans. I hope we can get the bad out of us with GM.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nerdsoft:
Originally posted by QuoteTheSavior:

Yeah! We just one-up the animals because we fight for laptops, iPhones, plastics, burgers, everything! We have organised wars! But, well, I honestly can’t say much good about humans. I hope we can get the bad out of us with GM.

That’s what I was implying. :D

Flag Post

I think we must do good things helping other people, so you forget the complains and the bad human-things :)

Flag Post

Because some people are just assholes.

Flag Post

“Let me look at a few instances, then I’ll take that same paintbrush, and use it for all of humanity.”

Flag Post

This has gone on for 3 pages and it is obvious none of you know what you are talking about. I hesitate to engage with you people because I don’t think I could begin to explain the hunting of animals and why it is actually good for the animals. Lets see if you can understand. When we hunt, we are actually controlling the size of herds. This is good in that they don’t get so large they over graze their habitat and end up starving, a horrible waste of an edible source of meat. In some areas of the country this meat feeds the family for a year.

In the last few years there have been animal groups wanting to reintroduce predators in certain parts of the country. They say we need to balance the herds naturally. They don’t take into consideration the problems they cause with the ranchers. These predators will kill, and many times just leave cattle and other livestock to rot. Wolves for instance will kill just to kill, sometimes many animals. The hunter takes 1 deer for instance, depending on the state and what needs to be culled. He will then take the animal, dress it out, cut it into portions, and then keep it fresh to use throughout the year. If the hunter decides he doesn’t want the meat, it is donated to one of the organizations that hand it out to the needy for their consumption. None of it goes to waste.