The Worst War in World History

316 posts

Flag Post

What do you think was the worst war in history? One of the World Wars, Vietnam, or even the Revolutionary War. It’s your decision. Whichever one you pick though, make sure it’s a good one. Also, if you think the worst war is still to come, talk about that, too.

Flag Post

The worst war I’ve encountered is trying to get jelly to spread smooth
It’s a war, that I sadly say, I’ve lost.

Flag Post

World War I and the events that have been going on ever since are terrible.

Flag Post

Worst war is still to come. Armageddon.

Flag Post

The worst war I’ve encountered is trying to get jelly to spread smooth
It’s a war, that I sadly say, I’ve lost.

Hahaha.

Flag Post

WW II = 74 Million Deaths ..Need I say more!

Flag Post

world war z zombies and viruses are serious buisness but together you should read the book world war z by max brooks, be advised it is not a book to be read aloud to younger children, im younger children and im shocked, its detailed

Flag Post

In terms of death/casualties or in terms of its ineffectiveness on the total outcome?

In terms of death and casualties – World War II

In terms of ineffectiveness – Vietnam War, Afghan War (Soviet) and finally… Iraqi War

Flag Post

Worst war? The War on drugs.

Seriously now…

Flag Post

World War II based on the fact that of any war, it had the most casualties proportional to the population when it occured. And it had the most Civilian casualties of any war.

By the way Paladin, I don’t think you know how close we were to winning the war in Vietnam. Secondly, The fighting in Iraq is is almost over now. Answer the following question when you see it; How many U.S. troops do you think are currently in Baghdad? (sorry for that grammatical nightmare of a sentence just now)

Flag Post

Solidus:

I don’t know how close the America is to “win” the Vietnam war but I know NVA was ready to fight to the last men/women/children while America was not. Tactically US won every major battles but NVA did not yield. It turned into a war of endurance which in the end, over-taxed America’s willingness to commit man and resources further.

Iraqi War; I have no idea how many troops is deployed over there but the situation is not improving and they people there hates the coalition force like hell. It is not a victory if you messed up the country more than their own leader.

War is about achieving the objective; which is usually to bring peace/conquer/liberate to certain country. Is Iraq more peaceful before the war started? Has the liberation of the people from the Sadam Hussein make the country a better place and safer place for the general population there?

I may not like Sadam Hussein at all but at least he managed to keep the country in a firm tight grip; ward off religious fanatics and suicide bombers. Now that the flood gate has been opened, how long do you think America is willing to commit until the “flood” is over? Moreover, can the “flood” be contained now that the gate has been removed?

If the coalition pull out too soon, the new regional government will loose control and it will turn into another fanatical terrorist hotbed. If the coalition were to pull out until everything is “under control” how long do you think that is going to take? Is the people and country involved willing to commit to another prolonged occupation like the Vietnam war? What do you think?

(That is why Putin said that Iraqi War is their version of the Afghan War)

Feel free to share your insight and debate.

Flag Post

civil war

Flag Post

The second Sino-Japanese War was pretty bad, though I guess it was part of WW2 for the most part.

Also: African civil wars in general.

Flag Post

I believe the Second World War was the worst war in history so far. As donald123 said before, 74 million deaths deaths. 38 million deaths from countries including Germany,Britain, America,Canada,Japan,Italy,and many more countries participated in the war. Then there were the Jews, 6 million deaths fro m their side.

Flag Post

OK Paladin, the U.S. was not actually close to winning the war in Vietnam, but the war was lost at home.

Also the situation in Iraq is improving, several areas, including Baghdad have no U.S. troops in them because they’ve been given over to the troops of the new Iraqi government. The Iraqis are almost finished with their plan for when they want us to withdraw.

This is a little unrelated but, don’t you think Putin was being a little redundant when he said that because people already called the Afghan war Russia’s Vietnam, which just makes the Iraq war our, Russia’s Vietnam, which is as confusing as it is hard to say.

Flag Post

um,i think we should give up the war in iraq,there not goning to stop

Flag Post

The iraq war because the americans totaly screwed up. 1) they didnt conquer iraq 2)they didnt help peace AT ALL 3)There is now a big civil war in there 4)There are loads of extremists now. And dogfight what do you mean by there not gonna stop. stop what?

Flag Post

war,the terristest in iraq wont stop war,even if we killed osama,they wont stop war

Flag Post

Almost all of the Taliban are in Afghanistan now, no longer do they have the same presence in Iraq that they used to.

dogfightft3, you spelled “terrorists” wrong

Flag Post

I’m sure he knows that, he may have just misspelled it for some sort of witty humor?

Flag Post

who cares, all wars are bad and WILL NEVER be justified

so im sick and tired of it

the first casualty in war is truth

“We must go to afganistan and Iraq to eliminate these..umm…insugent tactical extremists…yea " ;smiles;

IF GEORGE BUSH WANTS TO END TERRORISM HE SHOULD GO AHEAD AND KILL HIMSELF :D

Flag Post

This is a little unrelated but, don’t you think Putin was being a little redundant when he said that because people already called the Afghan war Russia’s Vietnam, which just makes the Iraq war our, Russia’s Vietnam, which is as confusing as it is hard to say.

He was telling Bush not repeat the mistake of the past; fighting an unpopular war. The reference is just an analogy. Read the post here and you can tell that the Iraqi War is loosing the support of the people.

Vietnam War=Afghan War=Iraqi War=Big Mistake.

Flag Post

Death?

This is the good part “Since the banning of DDT, insect-borne diseases such as malaria and dengue — and now West Nile virus — have been on the rise. The World Health Organization estimates that malaria kills about a million people annually, and that there are between 300 million and 500 million new cases each year.”

If your going to use deaths as a comparison then war doesn’t seam like the biggest contributer.

Flag Post

The war between me and KnightofRa. That asshole won’t let me back on Adventure Club.

Flag Post

._. GAMAR