Is God Real... Is Heaven And Hell Real? If Not, Then What Happens When We Die?

743 posts

Flag Post

Sometimes I dont understand how God could make the world go bad like it has. Sometimes, only very few times do I have doubts that God is real. It is usually when I am angry with something, or upset at someone. I also sometimes think about death, it makes me curious. Where do you really go when you die? Is there really Heaven and Hell? If not… what then? Do you just sit in the ground with nothing but bugs to accompany you till the end of time? Sometimes I scare myself thinking about it. If there really is no God… no Heaven and Hell… where do you go when you die?

Flag Post

Ooooh Pink_Fuzzy_Bunny will be all over this one.

Sometimes I don’t understand how God could make the world go bad like it has.

Have you ever played Black and White 2? Anyway, you’re a God, and you have a pet and you can do alot of things. Since you’re God and you can do anything, would it be fun to do everything yourself? Or just to make people do their own things and see what happens? My beliefs

Flag Post

When we die, we rejoin the universe and continue on the great journey. Afterdeath is not something of this world although it is easy to imagine that it would be such as some conceptions of heaven and hell.

Flag Post

Are they real? Yes, I believe they are. But we get our ideas about heaven and hell from the Bible – God’s word. So therefore, since God speaks about heaven and hell, heaven and hell cannot exist without God, because He created them. And God cannot exist without heaven and hell, because, again, God created them.

Yes, I am also curious about death. Though I am certain where I will end up, it never fails to amuse me when I wonder just what will happen when I die. Will I see my soul lifted up to the sky? Will I see my life flash before my eyes?

And yes, I also have my doubts. But God is with us, whether we feel like he’s there or not. We just can’t understand why He would let some things happen, and then sometime in the long-term we may see that “bad” thing was actually good for us!

Lulz, Glompee.

Flag Post

Pink_Fuzzy_Bunny: Lulz, Glompee.

I win.

Flag Post

If there really is no God… no Heaven and Hell… where do you go when you die?

Nowhere. You lie in the ground and bacteria decompose your body into your constituent chemicals. Eventually your coffin will break down and your chemicals will re-enter the ecosystem as plants use them for nutrition.

Flag Post

That’s what happens to your physical state of your body. What happens to the energy state of your body?

Flag Post

I’d say that in Unproductive’s point of view, the energy state of the body is connected to the physical state of the body, so therefore would die also.

Think of it like sleeping without dreams. Time passes while you are unaware, yet one has no thoughts, nothing.

Flag Post

Well the energy has to go somewhere. Whether it goes to the cosmic soup or into your neighbor’s refrigerator, it has to go somewhere

Flag Post

Not really sure what you mean by ‘energy’. Our consciousness is tied into electrical signals in the brain, so when we die they cease because there’s nothing to generate them anymore. The chemical energy goes back into the environment eventually.

Flag Post

I think he means, like, one’s “soul”.

Wow, I’ve been on for 2 hours straight and have gotten 3 words done on my English essay. Heh.

Flag Post

I believe that god lets things happen to test us, he will never leave us, if things to to far wrong i would say god needs us to learn a lesson

Flag Post

I could never imagine being left in the ground for years and years, left to rot and decompose while i watch the world go by. I dont think anyone could imagine that.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Many things happen in this life that are unimaginable.

I do not agree with that view, either, but do not rule out a view simply because it is unimaginable.

Flag Post

Type huge much?

So anyway, I’d say that, in that view (which I believed fully for a bit) I think that the body, mind, soul, and anything else connected to that person’s body would just die. There would be no feeling, no sight, nothing. Just… well.. nothingness.

Flag Post

type huge what? lolz….

Flag Post

I could never imagine being left in the ground for years and years, left to rot and decompose while i watch the world go by.

Our consciousness is tied into electrical signals in the brain, so when we die they cease because there’s nothing to generate them anymore. The chemical energy goes back into the environment eventually.

Think of it like sleeping without dreams.

Flag Post

I feel special being quoted by Glompee.

Flag Post

I believe in a form of Heaven, not all that fluffy white cloud and harps singing crap. That’s more annoying than peaceful. I like to be optimistic about death so after your death/burial energy or something gets released and you jump off into the air! All the dead people just float up in air, invisable, and mingle. Kinda cool. lol, it’s either I think that or I think that the moment I die is the moment I cease to exist. And, I like existing! heh.

Flag Post

All the dead people just float up in air, invisable, and mingle.

That’s not heaven, especially for the anti-social and people afraid of heights.

Flag Post

lol, if you haven’t experienced it, you don’t know what the hell it is. I don’t either, it’s just a thought.

Flag Post

your being is re introduced into the evnironment, giving it nutrients from your body. you know nothing. you feel nothing. you are nothing. and thats what i have to look forward to.

Flag Post

you don’t know what the hell it is

This thread need moar lock.

Flag Post

MOAR LOCKAGE- besides theres already something similar