Gay Marriage page 107

3420 posts

Flag Post
If I had a grandfather who was racist and talked to me about how he liked being racist and liked discrimination because only whites should do this and that, only whites should live in [insert country], then yes, issendorf, I’d hardly talk to my grandfather because they’d be a disgusting individual with a lack of morality

Doesn’t get any classier than telling someone to go die.

Also, being a complete ass to someone else, regardless how you feel about their own personal views, is equally morally lacking.

The same way we ignore so many parts of the Bible, this should be another one. If the Bible can get a moral thing as easy as slavery wrong, why should we trust it as our moral compass for homosexuality?

Or for murder – it probably got that one wrong too.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Whooooooaaaaa….Nelly.
So, ya’re trying to tell me that Christ’s teachings call homosexuality a sin?

BUT, actually, I give a shit and two really juicy farts if it does.
One: Juame is talking OLD Testament values being applied to homosexuality.
TWO: Separation of church & state. Religious “values” are really NOT the key point here in discussing the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS of American citizens who have alternative sexual orientations.

Originally posted by issendorf:
It certainly doesn’t merit RESPECT by me.

You don’t have to respect someone to exercise civility towards them.

Well…DUH.
BUT…..SO?
ANYONE who doesn’t merit MY respect shouldn’t be any too surprised by any form of “uncivility” they might incur from me. Of course, this doesn’t mean such is “automatic”. It merely means I don’t subscribe to some mystical high order of overly tolerant civility for assholes. (See below)
I see YOU being quite an “ass” to those on this forum w/ whom YOU see as having “personal views” that “differ” from YOURS.

I am an asshole – I’d be disappointed if I didn’t come off as such.

I don’t try to be an asshole….they just draw me that way
Oh shit, now we’re gonna have to make TWO Hyperbole of the Week Trophies.

You’re one of the last people who can credible bristle when someone uses hyperbole on this forum.

I think ya’re confusing blazingly caustic rhetoric w/ the bullshit hyperbole of the one or two extreeeeemly egregious “users” of it.
Surely YOU are able to make a better rebuttal than idiotic sarcasm?

I am, but sarcasm is so much more enjoyable.

Hmmmm….sorry.
I see such “sarcasm” as being just a mild form of “uncivility” due to a lack of decent respect for his views.
OR, maybe as a substitute for NOT BEING ABLE to actually have a good rebuttal.
I see a lot of this from the “other conservatives” on here.
I don’t expect to see if from YOU.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Whooooooaaaaa….Nelly.

TWO: Separation of church & state. Religious “values” are really NOT the key point here in discussing the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS of American citizens who have alternative sexual orientations.

I’m not trying to tell you, I am telling you straight out. Most Christians don’t go by the old testament. That was before Christ and they go by the new testament…after Christ.

The Constitution does not say anything about marriage…period. I know you would like to rewrite it in a form more appealing to you, but you can’t. stop giving false information and reading into the document.

Flag Post

Would I tell my grandfather to go die if he was a racist piece of shit? Yes. Yes, I would. Do I have any respect for people who are homophobic, racist, sexist, etc.? No. I won’t tell all of them to go die, but I would tell a familiar that if they bragged about their love for the discrimination of a minority group and/or women, because they’d be shameful to my family.

(In my case I never got to meet one and the other has lived in Japan for 30+ years, making the likelihood of his racism much smaller.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

If I had a grandfather who was racist and talked to me about how he liked being racist and liked discrimination because only whites should do this and that, only whites should live in [insert country], then yes, issendorf, I’d hardly talk to my grandfather because they’d be a disgusting individual with a lack of morality. Homophobia will be in fifty years as outdated as racism is today.

Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by jhco50:

Then he should make himself clear, as that is not what I got from it.

Again: lack of reading comprehension.

Of course it’s about the irrelevance and outdatedness of the Bible… Sorry, I thought that was clear to everyone. Maybe not to you.

The same way we ignore so many parts of the Bible, this should be another one. If the Bible can get a moral thing as easy as slavery wrong, why should we trust it as our moral compass for homosexuality?

I would imagine your grandfather would rather not have a conversation with you if you are so disrespectful of him.

So let’s see, you people think our constitution is outdated and now you are telling me the bible is outdated? What a hoot! Yet I bet you will stand up for the Koran, right? Amazing!

Flag Post

jhco, again you fail to comprehend hypotheticals and allegories. Did I ever say those were the attitudes of my grandfather? No. I said, if. I’ll highlight the word so you can see it: if. As explained above, my grandfather isn’t racist. And you thinking he is, is an insult. Not sure how low you have to stoop to insult one’s grandfather.

So let’s see, you people think our constitution is outdated and now you are telling me the bible is outdated? What a hoot! Yet I bet you will stand up for the Koran, right? Amazing!

So you believe in the literal, infallible word of the Bible?

And yes, the Constitution is outdated. I have explain this to you, but as per usual, you have forgotten. The reason the Constitution is outdated is because a) Thomas Jefferson himself said a new constitution ought to be drafted every 17 years; b) most countries have lengthy, detailed constitutions which are specific; the same cannot be said for the U.S. for the myriad of interpretations of so many amendments.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Would I tell my grandfather to go die if he was a racist piece of shit? Yes. Yes, I would. Do I have any respect for people who are homophobic, racist, sexist, etc.? No. I won’t tell all of them to go die, but I would tell a familiar that if they bragged about their love for the discrimination of a minority group and/or women, because they’d be shameful to my family.

(In my case I never got to meet one and the other has lived in Japan for 30+ years, making the likelihood of his racism much smaller.)

Well, with your attitude with grandfathers, I wouldn’t contact him. I would ask you why you never got to meet you one grandfather, but I think I know.

Flag Post

Take a guess at why. Take a guess.

Flag Post

I don’t think I need to. Are you threatening me? Jump if you’re feeling froggy. I’m not as good as I once was, but I’m as good once as I always was. :)

Flag Post

Only if they’re sexing.

Separation of church & state. Religious “values” are really NOT the key point here in discussing the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS of American citizens who have alternative sexual orientations

We’re going to see whether or not marriage is a constitutional right via the SC.

I think ya’re confusing blazingly caustic rhetoric w/ the bullshit hyperbole of the one or two extreeeeemly egregious “users” of it.

It’s you exaggerating and being factually wrong – you can describe it however you like.

Flag Post

He died before I was even born. I doubt that was what you were thinking. You were thinking some bullshit such as “because Jaume was too liberal” or some shit. You are a disgusting individual for insulting my grandfather, whom to you has done nothing.

Are you threatening me?

Your naïveté is near as much as your amount of misinformed ideas.

Flag Post
I have explain this to you, but as per usual, you have forgotten. The reason the Constitution is outdated is because a) Thomas Jefferson himself said a new constitution ought to be drafted every 17 years

It’s a bit ironic you use him as a defense when earlier you were lambasting the Bible for condoning slavery. Fun fact: Jefferson owned slaves.

most countries have lengthy, detailed constitutions which are specific; the same cannot be said for the U.S. for the myriad of interpretations of so many amendments.

It’s called federalism…

Flag Post

Whooooooaaaaa….Nelly.

I’m not trying to tell you, I am telling you straight out. Most Christians don’t go by the old testament. That was before Christ and they go by the new testament…after Christ.

LOL….tenco was right about YOU & “reading comprehension skills”.

The Constitution does not say anything about marriage…period. I know you would like to rewrite it in a form more appealing to you, but you can’t. stop giving false information and reading into the document.

YOU DO NOT KNOW SHIT.
At least based upon that quote.

One: While the Constitution doesn’t say ANY SPECIFICS regarding a whoooooooooole fucking lot of things, the main thing it DOES SAY is about human RIGHTS.
This is the part that YOU so utterly fail to understand. YOU & your idiotic “conservative” cohorts who PRANCE around and tout: show me where it says in the Constitution,,,are so full of ignorant, desperate horse shit that we think a rodeo has set up permanent camp here.

SO, ya need to either directly address this point,,,which has been leveled at ya thousands upon thousands of times,,,or ya just need to shut the fuck up about it. Touting this “show me…Const” crap reeks to high heaven of utter lack of sanity.

TWO: NO, YOU DO NOTSEE”.
NO ONE HERE is saying the Constitution is “outdated”.
Saying that it COULD BE “UPdated” isn’t the same thing.
YOUR implication is that it is no longer relevant.
THAT is utter bullshit…..and YOU should know this.

I have NO INTENT AT ALL of telling anyone anything about whether or not the “Bible” (or any other religious position) is “out of date” or whatever. I most certainly will contest any part of them that promotes hatred and harm and curtailment of ppl’s rights.

This means that I will “stand up for” OR put down (as is necessary for my beliefs) the Koran (or any other religious position).
NOW, can YOU say the same thing?

Flag Post

“It’s a bit ironic you use slaves as a defense when you are against slavery. Fun fact: issendorf is against slaves.” That is making the assumption you’re against slaves. Your argument is flawed. It is fallacious; look up ‘logical fallacies’. Concerning your “federalism”: explain Germany’s constitution, or Brazil’s, or Mexico’s.

Flag Post
NO ONE HERE is saying the Constitution is “outdated”

I suggest you scroll up 10 posts.

Flag Post
“It’s a bit ironic you use slaves as a defense when you are against slavery. Fun fact: issendorf is against slaves.” That is making the assumption you’re against slaves. Your argument is flawed. It is fallacious; look up ‘logical fallacies’.

You do know what irony is, right?

Concerning your “federalism”: explain Germany’s constitution, or Brazil’s, or Mexico’s.

I haven’t read them, nor do I care about them so it’s difficult for me to explain them. There is a reason the Constitution is as brief as it is.

Flag Post

Issendorf, that argument is as flawed and dumb as yours. Your argument is fallacious.

I never insulted you grandfather and you know it. So, no threat and I wasted the lyrics to a song? Damn!

When you failed to comprehend the allegory:
I would imagine your grandfather would rather not have a conversation with you if you are so disrespectful of him.
You were here confirming that my allegory was not an allegory, but truth; thus saying that he is indeed racist as you are accepting what I am saying.

Flag Post
You do know what irony is, right?

Yes, and what you did was ironic too. You failed to see it.

I haven’t read them, nor do I care about them so it’s difficult for me to explain them. There is a reason the Constitution is as brief as it is.

Of course you haven’t. However, they’re long. Thus, it disproves your theory of the constitution having to be brief because your country is a federation.

Flag Post
Issendorf, that argument is as flawed and dumb as yours. Your argument is fallacious.

I wasn’t making an argument with the Jefferson thing…

Yes, and what you did was ironic too. You failed to see it.

I still fail to see it.

Of course you haven’t. However, they’re long. Thus, it disproves your theory of the constitution having to be brief because your country is a federation.

Oh excellent, moving back towards saying I said things I never did. Classic Jaume.

Flag Post
Originally posted by issendorf:
NO ONE HERE is saying the Constitution is “outdated”

I suggest you scroll up 10 posts.

I made MY intent on the matter very clear.
Go ahead, troll all ya want….
Loss of respect for your heretofore credibility ain’t a biggie for me.

Flag Post

Whooooooaaaaa….Nelly.

LOL….tenco was right about YOU & “reading comprehension skills”.

So now you are writing in code to go along with that other mess you spew? No wonder we can’t decipher it. And you blame us?

You know, I wish you really did know something about the constitution. then I wouldn’t have to keep going to my book on it. Your comprehension of the document is sorely lacking. Human rights are given to everyone, although it doesn’t quite state it that way, but human rights do not state a minority can tell the majority what to believe. If the majority doesn’t like the idea of gay marriage, and especially if they are Christians, Your temper tantrums are not going to change their minds. In fact you might polarize the gays from the main of society even more. But you don’t understand this, do you?

Now you are telling us you are going to contest the bible? Wow old man, you are going to have to go back 2000 years to confront the authors. LOL, you contest anything that doesn’t agree with your ideals. I don’t have to contest any of these books or documents as I am not trying to make some wild change in the fabric of society. Only you can make that distinction.