Abortion page 114

3076 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by Saraereara:

Yes yes, you’re a troll and a condescending jerk we all know that.

Okay, now just humor me here, what makes you come to that conclusion, exactly?

jhco50 I just advice you to drop this forum filled with morons.

So I take it you don’t actually take the time to consider other peoples opinions? (Might I recommend reading some of Darkruler2005’s posts?)

What do Darks post have to do with the advice handed to me?

Flag Post

I imagine tenco1 is talking about the recent post in this thread by Darkruler2005 that says you make up information in your posts.

Hrear, you so silly.

Flag Post

I didn’t see that post. I don’t make up information. Some of it is from memory and I don’t have links to it, but it is all true.

Flag Post

Correction: You think it’s true. More than once you have made a claim that was later demonstrated to be false.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sarerere:
Originally posted by Ketsy:

Correction: You think it’s true. More than once you have made a claim that was later demonstrated to be false.

Your condescending ways are annoying. I’ve joined an actual political forum to discuss these stuff. No more name calling from ineducable fools here.

Stop being silly, hrear.

Flag Post

Jhco, I’m not sure if you’ve made it clear where you stand in regards to a woman having an abortion if her life is in danger?
Do you take the same stance as MyTie that the woman should forgo having the option of saving her own life?

(Sorry if you have answered this, I just can’t recall or find any post.)

Flag Post

FlabbyWW, I’m pretty sure he’s “okay” w/ the more severe uses (needs?) of the medical procedure…..likely even the use of the “morning-after” pill as well as the extensively used standard BC pill. He touts the heinous use of abortion as a means of birth control,,,,YET, I don’t recall his opinion on how “the pill” works at sloughing off the uterine wall of a conceived egg….ya know, a “HUMAN PERSON”.

Yes, those two forms of “the pill” do (chemically) ABORT a fertilized egg.
Link: on MA pill which comes from what is pretty obviously a “pro-life” site due to particular nomenclature: “Keep in mind that fertilization (the union of female ovum, or egg, and male sperm) occurs in the fallopian tube and that fertilization marks the beginning of a new human life – and the beginning of the pregnancy. The newly created child then travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus (womb) where he or she implants. Implantation is necessary for the new child to receive nourishment from the mother and continue developing. The journey from the fallopian tube to the womb takes between five and seven days during which pregnancy cannot be readily detected.”

Link on standard BC pill which also can create the chemical abortion.

Per usual, jake-o appears to do little research to support his “opinions”. I see his objections—to the huge majority of “abortions used for birth control & NOT being used as INTENDED”—as being nothing more than a visceral reaction (as opposed to a cerebral modified one) brought on by Lord knows what. He claims to not be much “religious” at all.

Rather, he foolishly attempts to discredit forum posters’ offerings of these cerebral points by calling—not the points—“IMMORAL”,,,,but rather, those who hold a differing opinion than his because of those points. Utterly pathetic of him to do this. But, “we” all know this about him anyway. I often wonder why we continue to engage him & his inane efforts to present what he calls: the “conservative” side of issues.

I know why I do it. AND, there are times I chastise myself….in various ways that involve all manner of “odd activity”. LOL

He sure does know his “guns”. HOWEVER, as he has repeatedly demonstrated….he demonizes abortion rights & Gay rights via pretty much ONLY emotional appeals,,,some of them very overly dramatic (prancing in Gay parades).

NOW, jake-o….call THAT “rant” and flag it.
Or, just “grow up” old man & take a pill…
or merely leave America since ya so luv to shred the Rights afforded by Her Constitution.
NOTE: the above chastisement are his words to ME.

Flag Post

I have made mistakes Ketsy. Be it faulty information (or memory) or other reason I will stand corrected. No one is perfect and I can admit when I have given wrong information.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlabbyWoofWoof:

Jhco, I’m not sure if you’ve made it clear where you stand in regards to a woman having an abortion if her life is in danger?
Do you take the same stance as MyTie that the woman should forgo having the option of saving her own life?

IF a woman’s life is truly in danger, I can accept abortion to save her life. With modern medicine, I don’t think that is a very common situation. I am all for birth control methods available, including the pill. The morning after pill is acceptable as well. After that I do not accept. To me, if it becomes an abortion, the woman has allowed it to go that far herself. Whether it be laziness, stupidity, or whatever reason, the morning after pill is as far as I would go.

I think, even as long as this thread has gone on, that we have missed many points that should have been brought up. Points none of us have any real knowledge of. As Twilight’s link exposed a rarity none of us would have even dreamed possible showed.

As the discussion on abortion has gone thus far, I pretty much would have to agree with MyTie. He and his wife made a decision (together), as men and women do. They decided to not abort and my wife and I would have made the same decision. As I stated earlier in the thread, my wife and I were approached with the option to abort our youngest child. In fact we were nagged about it by the doctor. We chose to keep our creation and she has now given us to wonderful granddaughters.

Flag Post

I imagine tenco1 is talking about the recent post in this thread by Darkruler2005 that says you make up information in your posts.

No, it’s mostly about him saying almost everyone here is a moron.

Flag Post

Jhco, you claim there’s people here lusting after and desiring to kill off fetuses. This is so completely incorrect, I don’t know where to start.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:
Originally posted by FlabbyWoofWoof:

IF a woman’s life is truly in danger, I can accept abortion to save her life. With modern medicine, I don’t think that is a very common situation. I am all for birth control methods available, including the pill. The morning after pill is acceptable as well. After that I do not accept. To me, if it becomes an abortion, the woman has allowed it to go that far herself. Whether it be laziness, stupidity, or whatever reason, the morning after pill is as far as I would go.

I think, even as long as this thread has gone on, that we have missed many points that should have been brought up. Points none of us have any real knowledge of. As Twilight’s link exposed a rarity none of us would have even dreamed possible showed.

As the discussion on abortion has gone thus far, I pretty much would have to agree with MyTie. He and his wife made a decision (together), as men and women do. They decided to not abort and my wife and I would have made the same decision. As I stated earlier in the thread, my wife and I were approached with the option to abort our youngest child. In fact we were nagged about it by the doctor. We chose to keep our creation and she has now given us to wonderful granddaughters.

Well I’m pleased that you are able to understand that a women should be allowed to chose to save her life.
And that you even accept the morning after morning pill that so many pro-lifers would condem as ‘abortion’ in itself show to me that you are able to see this issue not purely black and white.
I’ll ask more later on because…
Uh……..getting late…and the pills a kicking in.
Must sleeep!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

Jhco, you claim there’s people here lusting after and desiring to kill off fetuses. This is so completely incorrect, I don’t know where to start.

This is how they come across to me Dark. Some of the posts over the whole thread have insinuated this stance of abortion for birth control. I guess in discussion like this emotions can become involved easily, so maybe I can see things like this popping through. For instance, one of the arguments is women’s choice, but many things in life are not our choice to make. We can’t beat our children (although sometimes we would like to :), we can’t deny our children an education or food to eat. If my wife wanted children and I decided no and got a vasectomy, my wife could possibly sue me. It’s not likely, but it is a possibility. Maybe she could claim failure to keep contractual obligations of some wild charge like that. Who knows nowadays.

Flag Post

No, it’s mostly about him saying almost everyone here is a moron.

Tenco, I don’t think everyone on this board are morons. A couple maybe, but most, no.

Flag Post

Tenco, I don’t think everyone on this board are morons. A couple maybe, but most, no.

I didn’t say you did, I said Sara did.

Flag Post

I didn’t say you did, I said Sara did.

Okay.

Time for coffee with the old guys

Flag Post

If my wife wanted children and I decided no and got a vasectomy, my wife could possibly sue me. It’s not likely, but it is a possibility. Maybe she could claim failure to keep contractual obligations of some wild charge like that. Who knows nowadays.

No, this last part is made up. She couldn’t sue you for non-pregnancy. She could, however, visit and obtain product from a sperm bank against your wishes. :-)

Flag Post

Or more reasonably, file for a divorce.

I say this is more reasonable because that’s where it’s headed anyway, if the husband gets a vasectomy against the wife’s wishes (effectively saying her wants don’t matter) and the wife gets pregnant anyway (effectively saying his wants don’t matter).

I’m sure it would be reasonable grounds for divorce, but I don’t think you can sue people for that kind of thing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

No, this last part is made up. She couldn’t sue you for non-pregnancy. She could, however, visit and obtain product from a sperm bank against your wishes. :-)

Doesn’t even have to be a sperm bank. You can obtain seed and still ::ahem:: have fun in the process, so to speak. Muich more likely to happen when there’s that degree of rejection and dismissal of your input into the relationship, too.

Flag Post

If my wife wanted children and I decided no and got a vasectomy, my wife could possibly sue me. It’s not likely, but it is a possibility. Maybe she could claim failure to keep contractual obligations of some wild charge like that. Who knows nowadays.

It is not an impossible scenario Twilight (and it was just a scenario) as much stranger things happen. I would imagine the sperm bank thing would be possible too…of course it may cause a divorce as Ketsy said.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Doesn’t even have to be a sperm bank. You can obtain seed and still ::ahem:: have fun in the process, so to speak. Muich more likely to happen when there’s that degree of rejection and dismissal of your input into the relationship, too.

Yes, that would be an almost guaranteed divorce.

Flag Post

It is not an impossible scenario Twilight (and it was just a scenario) as much stranger things happen. I would imagine the sperm bank thing would be possible too…of course it may cause a divorce as Ketsy said.

I just couldn’t imagine someone being sued over it. Now this is an interesting idea—how would you feel if your sperm was spent (so to speak) and your significant other used a sperm bank? Would you be happy, angry, or neither? It wouldn’t be like cheating or anything. I’d be interested to hear people’s thoughts on this one.

Flag Post

how would you feel if your sperm was spent (so to speak) and your significant other used a sperm bank? Would you be happy, angry, or neither? It wouldn’t be like cheating or anything.

It depends on the surrounding circumstances. If I’m marrying someone, I would assume that we have (nearly) the same desire for children, whether that be to have none or to have many. So, most likely I wouldn’t care about the sperm bank part, and the emotion would come from other parts.

That being said, I would be pretty damn angry if I married someone and they went behind my back completely on something like this, which is what the surrounding conversation has been about. In this kind of situation it would be like cheating to me, because it would be something I would see as a personal betrayal.

Flag Post

I just couldn’t imagine someone being sued over it. Now this is an interesting idea—how would you feel if your sperm was spent (so to speak) and your significant other used a sperm bank? Would you be happy, angry, or neither? It wouldn’t be like cheating or anything. I’d be interested to hear people’s thoughts on this one.

No, marriage is for better or worse. Adoption would be ok, but she would just have to be childless. In fact I can show you to examples of one person being unable to produce, my brother Richard and my sister-in-law Mary. Allan and Mary adopted and my brother Richard and his wife decided not to raise children.

Flag Post

No, marriage is for better or worse. Adoption would be ok, but she would just have to be childless. In fact I can show you to examples of one person being unable to produce, my brother Richard and my sister-in-law Mary. Allan and Mary adopted and my brother Richard and his wife decided not to raise children.

how would you feel if your sperm was spent (so to speak) and your significant other used a sperm bank? Would you be happy, angry, or neither? It wouldn’t be like cheating or anything.

It depends on the surrounding circumstances. If I’m marrying someone, I would assume that we have (nearly) the same desire for children, whether that be to have none or to have many. So, most likely I wouldn’t care about the sperm bank part, and the emotion would come from other parts.

That being said, I would be pretty damn angry if I married someone and they went behind my back completely on something like this, which is what the surrounding conversation has been about. In this kind of situation it would be like cheating to me, because it would be something I would see as a personal betrayal.

I agree with the behind the back thing. That breaks the trust in a marriage. Deciding on children would be done before marriage.