Originally posted by Azolf:

That’s not what I was implying at all.

Then what were you implying?

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

It’s a rhetorical question which rather satirically insinuates that some people value the life of an embryonic chicken over that of a human.

Flag Post

It’s a rhetorical question which rather satirically insinuates that some people value the life of an embryonic chicken over that of a human.

Oh, okay.

His point’s still valid, though.

Flag Post

If you’re a vegan, maybe. I never had a problem enjoying eggs :-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

I still don’t see how forcing a hen off a fertile egg and stepping on it is in any way comparable to consentual human abortion

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

If you’re a vegan, maybe. I never had a problem enjoying eggs :-)

Most of the eggs we eat aren’t fertilized.

Flag Post

It’s an invalid analogy. Having an abortion is the mother choosing to end the life of her fetus. The hen never wanted to crush the egg, but it is forced upon her. This does not happen with abortions except in families where the guy is abusive and dominant (in which case the abortion isn’t the problem, but the guy).

It’s also an irrelevant analogy, because the issue is about abortions (killing a human fetus) and not about the comparison of values.

It’s even a subjective analogy as, on the contrary with you, I find it rather amusing people think a human fetus just several weeks old is more important than dozens of cows.

Flag Post
Having an abortion is the mother choosing to end the life of her fetus. The hen never wanted to crush the egg, but it is forced upon her. This does not happen with abortions except in families where the guy is abusive and dominant (in which case the abortion isn’t the problem, but the guy).

Or if you live in China.

Flag Post

The current status of abortion in the US is that when the current, largely unregulated system is described, alongside the philosophy of the liberals, it becomes clear that most people do not agree with the liberals and are actually closer to conservatives by at least a magnitude. There are 3600 abortion per day in the US. Of these almost all are definitely not health driven decisions. These are precisely the abortions that most people, including women with a strong preference, would prefer to see regulated against. In order to distract from the fact that the calculus for the liberals is thousands off on the death tally against them, they bring up rape and incest.

The first thing we should point out before having a theoretical discussion is that abortion is an actual thing, a surgery, and you can review it in pictures and video to ensure that you actually know what you’re talking about.

Flag Post

Should have added a more general statement, but it doesn’t change my point any way.

Flag Post

There are 3600 abortion per day in the US. Of these almost all are definitely not health driven decisions.

I think a lot of people would agree not all abortions should be performed without second through, but that it should still be legal for cases in which it is needed or emotionally supported.

Flag Post
Also, it isn’t like you have to keep the child if you legitimately aren’t ready to be a parent, there are adoption options. (No Rhyme Intended).

Well I don’t have children but I’m sure there’s a doctors bill for going to a hospital and having them help you birth the baby. Even if you have insurance I bet your insurance bill will be steep.

Flag Post
Depends on what you consider a person. … Sperm?

Oh, God! I’m a carnager!

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnDoe2:
Depends on what you consider a person. … Sperm?

Oh, God! I’m a carnager!

Upon the ground? Maybe yer aim is bad…lol
However, beware
BUT, I do like the idea of “…in the belly of a whore”. I wonder just how much of an impact on abortions that legal prostitution would make?

Flag Post

Karma, I’m not sure what impact the legalistion of prostitution has had on abortions in New Zealand, but I do know that brothels are regulated and treated like a business…and the rules are sex must with a condom.
There have been prosecutions of people removing their condoms will with a prostitute…but this is off topic…
Anyway, I don’t think the legalisation of prostitution would have a large effect on abortions being performed.

Flag Post

I probably should have made myself a whoooole lot clearer on this legal prostitution angle.
I’m not saying that the using of a prostitute’s services would reduce abortion BECAUSE OF the better contraception used in legal brothels. What I am going for is that BECAUSE OF such a safeguarded ALTERNATIVE, there might be at least a small reduction in abortions because sexual activity would be (hopefully?) lessened w/ women who either don’t use contraception or use it poorly (for whatever reason).

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

because sexual activity would be (hopefully?) lessened w/ women who either don’t use contraception or use it poorly (for whatever reason).

Not to mention, those who don’t get the option of using contraceptives in the first place, because they had not anticipated sex with a complete stranger that day. Legalised ‘sex on tap’ gives such individuals somewhere else to go to satisfy their urges.

Flag Post

They may want a kid then realize while pregnant they can’t keep it or afford it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bunlip:

They may want a kid then realize while pregnant they can’t keep it or afford it.

Bad argument. Sorry, it’s just not that compelling to say, “I really want a child. Oops, changed my mind.”

Flag Post

This is a really is a can of worms and I don’t really know what side to take, I personally believe that abortion should stay legalised however not for too many good reasons.

My primary reason for believing this is the fact that a fetus isn’t concious until its born. This means that it won’t even know its alive and therefore won’t know its dead. Just nothingness. I know its denying something a right to live but you can use the same logic to say that using contraception is doing the same. The Catholic Church certainly thinks it is.

Originally posted by Rpoman2009:
Also, it isn’t like you have to keep the child if you legitimately aren’t ready to be a parent, there are adoption options. (No Rhyme Intended).

Well I don’t have children but I’m sure there’s a doctors bill for going to a hospital and having them help you birth the baby. Even if you have insurance I bet your insurance bill will be steep.

Imagine this then, as a stat shows above there are 3600 babies aborted everyday. If most of them (lets say 2500/3600) are sent into orphanages they would quite quickly fill up. Not only that but we already can’t adopt enough children (if we could that most orphanages would be near empty) to keep up with the amount of children ending up as an orphan.

Originally posted by vikaTae:
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

because sexual activity would be (hopefully?) lessened w/ women who either don’t use contraception or use it poorly (for whatever reason).

Not to mention, those who don’t get the option of using contraceptives in the first place, because they had not anticipated sex with a complete stranger that day. Legalised ‘sex on tap’ gives such individuals somewhere else to go to satisfy their urges.

I believe they have finally made a male contraceptive pill, this should greatly reduce the unintended pregnancies if the male and female are protecting themselves while having sex.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

I believe they have finally made a male contraceptive pill, this should greatly reduce the unintended pregnancies if the male and female are protecting themselves while having sex.

There are a bunch of options for males already. And if I had to chose between a condom or a pill that messes with my hormone and possibly results in a whole bunch of side effects, guess what I’ll choose?
I once heard of a chip that is implanted under your skin that will basically make you infertile for a few months. That honestly sounded interesting to me. Not sure whether it’s already available, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

There are a bunch of options for males already. And if I had to chose between a condom or a pill that messes with my hormone and possibly results in a whole bunch of side effects, guess what I’ll choose?
I once heard of a chip that is implanted under your skin that will basically make you infertile for a few months. That honestly sounded interesting to me. Not sure whether it’s already available, though.

I’m almost certain its available for females, not sure about men though.

I’m talking about a pill without the bad side effects btw.

Flag Post

The pill for women, and various version thereof has been available for a long time. A reliable method for males is still some time off. The problem is not stopping sperm production, but rather stopping sperm production without resorting to beta blockers.

Flag Post

So you are talking about a fairy tale.

Flag Post

So you are talking about a fairy tale.

There is quite the difference between a fairy tale and a technology in the near future, saying that this new technology is a fairy tale is like saying that it will be a fairy tale if we can invent a safe hydrogen based car. There are already prototypes, its just making sure its 100% safe.