Do you know any video game for blind people ?

103 posts

Flag Post

Hi !
I’m making a french video game usable for blind people? It’s a kind of browser MMORPG with turn.
Do you know any game like this in english ?

To your mind, would that be a good idea to translate my game in english ?

Cheers !

Kéké
PS : If you wish to try it just PM me.

Flag Post

It seems like this would fit better in OT.

Wait, a video game for blind people, how would that work exactly?

Flag Post

i also fail to see how this could work out…

Flag Post

You mean audio game. Video games for the blind are retarded.

Flag Post

Shoots and Ladders

Flag Post
Originally posted by MooseDishes:

Shoots and Ladders

You sir, are a genius. Made my day.

Flag Post

Wow! I just told my friends for a joke that Wii Nerf is a game suitable for the blind. I went to my friend’s house a while ago and played it with his little brother. Then his littler brother shut off the TV. We randomly fired. When the TV finally came on again we were farther in the level. The game is terrible, just terrible, as you might have guessed.

Flag Post

>> Wait, a video game for blind people, how would that work exactly?

>> i also fail to see how this could work out…

Do you know that blind people can read proper Text using braille letters ? The idea is to transform any internet text in braille using those kind of tools.
http://blog.webatou.info/public/Billets/rewics-2006-08.jpg

Internet is been using by blind people for ages…

If the MMORPG is then translated in text, then blind people can play. At the moment, my game has 25 000 subscribing people, and 7 000 are declared blind.

So it seem that you don’t know any game like mine (Sad !).
But do you think it might be a good idea to translate it in english ?

I tried to translate using Google translator :
http://www.en.magdales.com/

but i think that the translation isn’t good enough. Does this mean anything to you ?
Btw, if you think my project worth it … do not hesitate to facebook ‘like’ it.

Kéké
PS : ToGameBuilder15 > some company expect their game to be suitable for blind people. We call it “Accessibilité” in french (might be accessibility in english). This is going to be in the french law in some years. It does allready exist for all Governemental web-site and building.

Flag Post

Yes, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Flag Post

I watch some movie about The legend of Zelda.
The trouble is that those blind players have to learn the exact map of the game and to practise hours before beeing able to play. They diffinitely doesn’t play the same way as unblind people.

In this game, if any thing new happen, they will be lost. (a new wall, a new door).
This will be particulary difficult in a MMO which are played by other people.

In my game, maps can be changed (if someone digg a hole in a cavern). But the map is translated in text, then it can be visualised for DV (DV meaning blind people).

So … i was expecting more browser games usable for blind people. (or at least respecting the W3C standard). Do you know some ?

kéké

Flag Post

I have recently heard of a project that focuses extensively on sound effects to sell the experience. The game they are working on has no visual components. Everything is told through the sounds of the environment. If you walk into a wall you’ll hear a smack. If you brush along it you’ll hear that. The ground you are walking on sounds differently depending on the material and so on.

I’ve listened to an interview with one of the developers and it sounded very promising. Sadly, I can’t remember the name for my life, but I do remember that it was one of those projects that relies on people donating money to it. If a certain amount isn’t reached until a set date the project will be abandoned. I can’t remember the name of that site either, though.

Flag Post

EPR89 > Who really wants to play a game where you need to hit a wall to be tell the wall is there ? The idea of sounds effects to be as real as possible is interesting. But all tehcnical stuff won’t do condition of playing for blind people.
In fact, if walking as a blind men was fun … you would always wear some black google to reach your job’s desk. And the blind people would be the happiest people in the world. (in fact, some of them are really happy ^^).
I’m looking on google to find this project but i can’t. That’s sad … Do they have a facebook account ? a web site ?

Kéké

Flag Post

Braille Adventures!

Seriously though, I don’t think blind people are even capable of using the internet.

Flag Post

I don’t think you can make a video game that blind people would enjoy, no offense, it’s just too much of a visual genre of media. That said, yes, tanslating your game into English is a good idea, because English is MUCH more widespread than French. More people playing it then, ya dig?

Flag Post

I think anything you put out that’s even slightly playable to blind people is going to be fun, since it’s the ONLY game they can ACTUALLY play.

Flag Post

Does anybody want me to make an audiobook for the deaf? I’ll make one if there’s enough demand.

Flag Post

zombieluigi & velricreize > There is (at least in france & canada) a lot of vidéo games design for blind people. I’m not used to english/american forum so i can’t tell.
40% of french blind people use the internet as many time as the valid one. (60% of the population are most likely granies who don’t even know the meaning of www).
In China, the official number i eared was 1 100 000 blind people using the internet. (1/70 of France ! In france, there is “only” 100 000 blind people)

onlineidiot1994 > I don’t think I’m the only one game … i think those games are hidding somewhere … my job to find them. My game will be fun, only if it’s fun. To be the first one or not doesn’t really import.
Translating my game would cost money, as my english is not good enough. I don’t know how to translate orc, elfe, gobelin, licorne, rapière, etc. I might find their translation, but I’ll spend so much time. Next step after translating would be the SEO part… in english ! That sounds as Ugly to me as if you’ll had to translate it in french ! The luckiest part is than Google really prefere english sentences than french ones.

Do you know forums (like this one) or other websites who will be happy to share my game when it will be translated ?

Can you tell me if my first page sounds english enough ? (if not, please tell me so as i can correct those sentence)
http://www.en.magdales.com/

Kéké

Flag Post

Not that much. Blind people use to play video game thanks to textual annotation or sounds.
We (you, me and all valid people) use image so often than we don’t even consider using other sens.

But for those who are invalid, there use to be (sometime) a compensation.
Memory, best interpretation of sounds are the common sens we pretend blind people use to have.
blind girls know exactly where and how they sort their earings. That we they can choose the right earings with their right dress and shoes.

So with text to complete video scene, blind people can go cinema … and play video games.

Kéké

Flag Post

Some games could be usable for blind people with no effort.

For exemple http://magdales.minitroopers.fr
To play, you just have to enter a login (no mail or password are requiered ), then hit the GO! button.
All the action is resolved without any human action.

If this game could log in a human reading notes, all the action witch takes place in a turn, it would be Blind accepted (or accessible to use the correct terminology).

I realising, this was may be not the good forum to ask my first question ^^.

I’ll be glad to answer all your questions, but i won’t up my message.

Have a good day.

kéké

Flag Post

Magdales, I think this is a brilliant idea and I admire it. :)

If I spoke French, I would translate for you. I hope you can find somebody to translate for you – so your game can reach as many people as possible.

Flag Post

Thanks a lot ParaNoir !

This kind of answer is what i really love ! (better than zombieluigi’s answer).

I’ll tell you my translation progression … So as some of you can test the game and tell me your opinion !

Many thanks !

Kéké

Flag Post

Here

Flag Post

Hexiom Connect has a color blind feature

Flag Post

Sorry … i try hexiom connect :
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Moonkey/hexiom-connect
but it doesn’t seems to work on my computer.

In fact can’t play to GemCraft also … Ok, sounds as if i couldn’t play anymore one Kongregate …

IAMOT > I’ll see hexiom connect on monday then !

have a good we.

kéké

Flag Post

Braille controllers, with textile and audible output?