Suicide

191 posts

Flag Post

I’m sure you all know it is. But, the “point” of this thread is to see what you think of it. It may seem weird, or maybe you will agree with me on this, but I think suicide should be allowed.

Some reasons why: My perhaps strongest argument here is that life, seen as being very precious is perhaps not as precious as it is perceived. I personally believe that after death you become another being (Whether it be another human or a different type of animal), now regardless of what you believe in, to you life is your choice. I believe it is YOUR choice of whether YOU should live or die.

Now, some of you may say that a lot of kids are just depressed for a short time, and that is true and I think that kids should never commit suicide because; 1. It can and often times do get better. 2. They are young and don’t know all that well about it and all though they can’t truly regret it, it would seem to most people like they shouldn’t have. But in the case that someone is in incurable terrible pain; even one that can have therapy but the pain never truly leaves, or a person did something to get life in prison without parole.

You see people put down dogs or other animals because they are in pain, so why not humans? Should humans carry the burden? (I personally find that we are equal in this regard) Besides, it’s not even the animals choice, but for a human it is their choice they choose for themselves.

>TL;DR Tell me your opinions and discuss about suicide. Sorry if my wording seems annoying, I will edit it the best I can to make it easier to read.

Flag Post

We started as a single sperm cell among millions I don’t think you are any more important now than you were back then. Life is just a game in which has no objective but to survive. Whether you want to play is up to you. Life is for those who can withstand and persevere through the many obstacles life throws at us, if you don’t think you can win the game of life, then I suggest you do what is right and “rage quit.” I’m guessing I messed up on some parts of this, because I didn’t proof read it whatsoever.

Flag Post

I Think Suicide is bad, unless your actually going through Severe Physical Pain, not emotional.

But I don’t believe that its wrong, i was raised Catholic, and was always taught, you commit suicide you go to hell.
Well, why? A lot of people who commit suicide, arnt thinking straight, and make a bad choice. So a all forgiving god would punish you for that? (Im not a catholic anymore, nor do i believe in heaven/hell)

Flag Post
Originally posted by AirmanAlex:

I Think Suicide is bad, unless your actually going through Severe Physical Pain, not emotional.

But I don’t believe that its wrong, i was raised Catholic, and was always taught, you commit suicide you go to hell.
Well, why? A lot of people who commit suicide, arnt thinking straight, and make a bad choice. So a all forgiving god would punish you for that? (Im not a catholic anymore, nor do i believe in heaven/hell)

That is the flaw I found in Christianity is that a kind God would send you to a place to eternally suffer, but I suppose that may be a big factor people don’t commit suicide; It is because you fear the idea of Hell.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Indy111:
I think suicide should be allowed.

It’s allowed. No one can stop you. And most people won’t even try nor care about it. I cannot understand why a person not terminally ill or horribly injured would that but it’s their choice. Now people who are actually depressed is another matter, as they are ill and their judgement is flawed. Everyone else has a free ticket out, and I’m fine with it. Leaves me more food, fuel etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Suicidal_waffles:

It’s allowed. No one can stop you. And most people won’t even try nor care about it. I cannot understand why a person not terminally ill or horribly injured would that but it’s their choice. Now people who are actually depressed is another matter, as they are ill and their judgement is flawed. Everyone else has a free ticket out, and I’m fine with it. Leaves me more food, fuel etc.

It is not allowed It is illegal in the USA and I presume most Western Countries. If you attempt suicide they treat it as you being insane, you go on suicide watch and they do there best to stop you from killing yourself. So yes, suicide is not allowed.

Flag Post

While formally they try to prevent it (suicide watch etc.) they can’t stop you if you actually succeed the first time. Even if someone fails to kill themselves (which is a clear sign they should have) there are no imperative measures the government can take against you. Most of the high profile cases reported in the media are of people that tried to kill themselves for attention. Those that really want to die usually succeed and are only reported as “unknown corpse found under bridge” or something like that. People who kill themselves because they can’t live with terminal illness also sometimes receive help from medical personnel. While it is unethical, I believe it’s moral. Same goes with lawfulness. It may be illegal, but what people think about it means more than what laws say.

Flag Post

While formally they try to prevent it (suicide watch etc.) they can’t stop you if you actually succeed the first time. Even if someone fails to kill themselves (which is a clear sign they should have) there are no imperative measures the government can take against you. Most of the high profile cases reported in the media are of people that tried to kill themselves for attention. Those that really want to die usually succeed and are only reported as “unknown corpse found under bridge” or something like that. People who kill themselves because they can’t live with terminal illness also sometimes receive help from medical personnel. While it is unethical, I believe it’s moral. Same goes with lawfulness. It may be illegal, but what people think about it means more than what laws say.

This is true, I just wanted to correct you that it is not illegal.

Flag Post

We kill dogs cause we empathize with their pain, but we can’t empathize with other people.

This means that we’d rather a human suffer than a dog…

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBaron:

We kill dogs cause we empathize with their pain, but we can’t empathize with other people.

This means that we’d rather a human suffer than a dog…

Exactly.

Flag Post

If you attempt suicide they treat it as you being insane

Which is ironic. A sane person spends about a century trying to achieve his goals (or he most likely ends up in a 9-to-5 job instead) before he inevitably dies, along with all the experiences he made throughout his life. And yet it is the suicidal who are regarded as being the insane. What a joke.

Flag Post
Originally posted by iMachine:

If you attempt suicide they treat it as you being insane

Which is ironic. A sane person spends about a century trying to achieve his goals (or most likely ends up in a 9-to-5 job instead) before he inevitably dies, along with all the experiences he made throughout his life. And yet it is the suicidal who are regarded as being insane. What a joke.

Yes…I think suicidal thoughts are very sane. Maybe a little untainted but certainly sane.

Flag Post

How is working insane, again? Are you stupid?

Flag Post

You missed the point of my post. My point is that it doesn’t matter when we die, or what we accomplish in life, because most likely, there is no afterlife in which we can look back and be proud/ashamed/whatever of the life we lived. I am not saying that working is insane if you want to live comfortably, I am saying that existence is meaningless and absurd.

Flag Post

You missed the point of my post. My point is that it doesn’t matter when we die, or what we accomplish in life, because most likely, there is no afterlife in which we can look back and be proud/ashamed/whatever of the life we lived. I am not saying that working is insane if you want to live comfortably, I am saying that existence is meaningless and absurd.

But the progression of life is the goal. In other words: Living is the reason for life.

Flag Post

But the progression of life is the goal.

According to whom?

Flag Post

But the progression of life is the goal.

According to whom?

According to me. Does that change the taste of pie? No.

Flag Post

It is not allowed It is illegal in the USA and I presume most Western Countries. If you attempt suicide they treat it as you being insane, you go on suicide watch and they do there best to stop you from killing yourself. So yes, suicide is not allowed.

Really? Has suicide being illegal stopped most people from achieving death? It’s like saying no one under 21 has consumed alcohol. This, being a total flaw, just shows that people do it. If you have a bar in your house and attach yourself to it with a noose around your neck, will the police suddenly be alerted that a person is attempting suicide? Since when has police ever stopped suicide when it’s not public? Being illegal doesn’t mean no one breaks it. It’s just foolish to even think about that.

Originally posted by AirmanAlex:

That is the flaw I found in Christianity is that a kind God would send you to a place to eternally suffer, but I suppose that may be a big factor people don’t commit suicide; It is because you fear the idea of Hell.

“kind God would send you to a place to eternally suffer” Build upon this. Your statement is too broad and I can only assume from what you say. So, are you saying that God sent a person to earth to suffer? What things could he or she possibly suffer from? Poverty, illness, hate, etc., are all aspects of different people’s life. Where is the eternal part in this? Where is the eternal suffering from this when God has proclaimed a spot for the person in heaven as long as he has faith. Therefor there is no flaw. The only flaw there is, is the person’s point of view on life itself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zztruemonkey:

We started as a single sperm cell among millions I don’t think you are any more important now than you were back then. Life is just a game in which has no objective but to survive. Whether you want to play is up to you. Life is for those who can withstand and persevere through the many obstacles life throws at us, if you don’t think you can win the game of life, then I suggest you do what is right and “rage quit.” I’m guessing I messed up on some parts of this, because I didn’t proof read it whatsoever.

why sperm and not egg? You started as an egg as well not just a sperm cell. Oh and btw all the sperm cells were clones.. Life is a game? Are you serious? How old are you 10? 5?

Flag Post

Would you care for a map, silverclue?

Originally posted by TheKnifeGrinder:

why sperm and not egg? You started as an egg as well not just a sperm cell. Oh and btw all the sperm cells were clones.. Life is a game? Are you serious? How old are you 10? 5?

^ Pot calling the kettle black.

Flag Post

Maps a great way to exercise!

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

Would you care for a map, silverclue?

^ Pot calling the kettle black.

i am not american so i don t understand your “BRILLIANT” jokes, i guess you tried to say i went off-topic?

p.s this is not off-topic, this is serious discussion. do you understand irrelevantIrony maps? Keep exercising.. but don t call me. lol

Flag Post

i am not american so i don t understand your BRILLIANT jokes, i guess you tried to say i went off-topic?

I think you might have quoted the wrong thing, but still “Pot calling the kettle black” is a saying that signifies hypocrisy , or someone being a hypocrite.

p.s this is not off-topi this is serious discussion. do you understand irrelevantIrony maps? Keep exercising.. but don t call me. lol

He’s just trolling/living up to his user name.

EDIT: I forgot about the map “joke” that I made, it means that he (silverclue) completely missed the point that was being made and therefore he needs a map to find it.

Flag Post

Maybe living is really dying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

i am not american so i don t understand your BRILLIANT jokes, i guess you tried to say i went off-topic?

I think you might have quoted the wrong thing, but still “Pot calling the kettle black” is a saying that signifies hypocrisy , or someone being a hypocrite.

p.s this is not off-topi this is serious discussion. do you understand irrelevantIrony maps? Keep exercising.. but don t call me. lol

He’s just trolling/living up to his user name.

EDIT: I forgot about the map “joke” that I made, it means that he (silverclue) completely missed the point that was being made and therefore he needs a map to find it.

ah so why i should be a hypocrite?