Proposition 8 in California, 2008 page 2

1207 posts

Flag Post
Both the creation of those two new words and the reexamination of Pluto changed its position in where it fits, not the change in definition of an already created word.

Once more, the introduction of the new words and their definitions is entirely irrelevant to this. Also, yet again, I ask if you can provide any references to back up your claims.

Flag Post

Once more, the introduction of the new words and their definitions is entirely irrelevant to this. Also, yet again, I ask if you can provide any references to back up your claims.

Sorry, unlike most of Serious Discussion forum posters, I do not have time to google search the current topic I am debating in and post whatever I find that looks fitting. If you want me to google it so bad, why don’t you do it yourself?

Flag Post

I don’t care why Pluto is or isn’t a planet; I’m interested in whether or not you just made up an inaccurate and unjustified claim to support your argument.

Flag Post

I don’t care why Pluto is or isn’t a planet; I’m interested in whether or not you just made up an inaccurate and unjustified claim to support your argument.

Will I ever be able to prove you wrong or are you just going to continuously post negatives until you decide you don’t want to play anymore? Seems like you will never give up or admit you are wrong, and just want to argue and fight.

Flag Post

Will I ever be able to prove you wrong

I dunno, are you going to provide a coherent argument with any basis in factuality at some point?

continuously post negatives

You think someone asking for proof is continuously pointing negatives? Whoa boy.

Seems like you will never give up or admit you are wrong, and just want to argue and fight.

Coming from someone that fails to understand some very basic facts and principles, I am sure that means a lot.

Flag Post

Coming from someone that fails to understand some very basic facts and principles, I am sure that means a lot.

I understand them clearly, and they are also very basic. Why don’t you try to expand to some actual control over the more complex thoughts, instead of shoving them away because they were not spoon fed to you and you do not want to learn, you just want to tell me I am wrong and you will not listen no matter what.

Flag Post
Will I ever be able to prove you wrong or are you just going to continuously post negatives until you decide you don’t want to play anymore? Seems like you will never give up or admit you are wrong, and just want to argue and fight.

No, you’ll never be able to prove me wrong, because I haven’t made any claims. I’ve asked a question. I can’t be either right or wrong in this.

You can, however, actually answer the question one day, if you are so inclined.

Otherwise, I would advise others to note carefully your reluctance to make any effort to back up your claims, at least one of which seems to be entirely false based on some admittedly quick and superficial investigation.

Flag Post

I am going with TheBSG and matt on this one.

Flag Post

No, you’ll never be able to prove me wrong, because I haven’t made any claims. I’ve asked a question.
You can, however, actually answer the question one day, if you are so inclined.
Otherwise, I would advise others to note carefully your reluctance to make any effort to back up your claims, at least one of which seems to be entirely false based on some admittedly quick and superficial investigation.

You mean… google our debate topic and look through a few links until i find one suitable for you? No thanks.

Flag Post

You mean… google our debate topic and look through a few links until i find one suitable for you? No thanks.

I think “Googling and looking through a few links” would’ve taken a lot less time compared to your posts here. Not to mention more constructive and enlightening.

Back on the actual topic of Prop 8, I say let them do whatever they want. As long as they aren’t disturbing my lawn I don’t care what they do.

Flag Post

Orzo says: When 4chan is boring, I swing on over to Kongregate to be Mr. Argumentative, the king of getting things.

Flag Post

Marriage is a legal thing, right?

No particular religion should influence the law, right?

Even if marriage needs a religious background- there are religions that don’t deny homosexual marriages. And there’s no reason why religion is necessary anyway as it’s a legal thing.

So either you’re having Christianity dictate the law- which is unconstitutional I think?- or you’re allowing freedom of religion within the law- which is constitutional!

So really being anti-gay marriage is just defecating all over your precious stars and stripes :)

About this ridiculous dictionary definition argument (as if it would matter anyway)- you know that “gay” didn’t used to mean homosexual? And that now it does? It’s changed meaning?

Flag Post

Marriage is a legal thing, right?

There is state marriage, and religious marriage. They get mixed up a lot which I feel causes half the debate.

It’s changed meaning?

Words never change (lol).

Flag Post

I think a large part of the debate right now is that those supporting Proposition 8 are saying that homosexuals have as much rights as married people do as a “domestic partnership”. However, my argument, and yes I’m supporting the no on prop 8 side, is that the title does not invoke the same sense of commitment and permanency that homosexuals are looking for. Not to mention there are special cases where heterosexuals can even apply for a domestic partnership, so that term is not exclusive to homosexuals although marriage is being argued to become exclusively for heterosexuals. In my eyes, this is unfair, and should be revised and rethought to include homosexuals as equally elligible for marriage.

Flag Post

i have mroals. and i belive that marrige should be between a MAN and a WOMAN now a man and a man not a woman and a woman. god made ADAM and EVE…not ADAM and STEVE..god made marrige a sacred thing between a man and woman and the yes on prop 8 support that. i am STRONGLY for yes on prop 8 and its not taking rights away AND WE ARE NOT TRYING TO SCRAE PEOPLE (the scaring thing is what supporters of “no on prop 8” have made up to downgrade yes on prop 8) and the churches have EVERY RIGHT to support prop 8 because churches marry people..so if they want to keep marrige between a man and a woman they defenently should support yes on prop 8. so those people who say “its a legal thing right? so churches should go hide in a corner and rot to death never geting to say there mind.” they are WRONG marrige has EVERYTHING to do with religon, why do you think you get married at churches,temples,ect and by priests,preachers,ect?! gosh put 5 minutes of thought into that! mariage should only be between a man and woman. i DO NOT hate gay people i DO NOT wish harm on gay or lesbian people, But i will stick up for what i belive is right 100% ,no 150%.. YES on prop 8…for more info go to “protectmariage.com”

Flag Post

i am sorry for my bad punctuation,spelling,grammer,ect but just read what i do have to say.

Flag Post

Why do churches get a monopoly on marriage darth? Why do gay people not deserve equal rights?

Flag Post

Disclaimer: For the purposes of this post, I am not “gay” or anything of that sort, I am simply pro-choice.

god made ADAM and EVE…not ADAM and STEVE

This is not a good reason, if it’s even a reason, to not allow people to marry whoever they want. Plus, this doesn’t even apply to people who don’t believe in christianity.

and its not taking rights away

You are taking away my right to marry whoever I want.

and the churches have EVERY RIGHT to support prop 8 because churches marry people

Politics and religion are separate entities. I can also get married without going to a church/mosque/temple if I choose so.

they are WRONG marrige has EVERYTHING to do with religon, why do you think you get married at churches,temples,ect and by priests,preachers,ect?!

Again, I can also get married without going to a church/mosque/temple if I choose so.

Flag Post

Why not make a law that says blacks cant marry?
Honestly, these little assholes are so prejudice..

PROTECT THE MEANING OF MARRIAGE!! FEND OFF THE PILLOW BITERS!!”

The irony of it all: October is Gay Appreciation Month…. LOL

For the yes on 8 ad…. thats the schools fault, they dont teach that you dont choose to be gay.. again.. why not make an ad where a little girl runs up to her mom and says “MOMMY! I CAN HAVE BLACK SKIN!”… all of their facts are wrong.. and using it to abuse people thoughts

Flag Post

“The Code of Hammurabi is one of the most ancient written law known to men. Hammurabi, the king, reigned from *bold*1792 to 1750 BC*bold*.”

“The code revealed the harsh punishment concerning MARRIAGE and adultery.”

Marriage…. 2 thousand years before christ….. or christianty… proof marriage is not made by a religion?

Flag Post

formal marriage was introduced by religions, as far as we can tell, but now has effects on the legal status on a person, taxes etc., that is why homosexual couples want that right, too.

Flag Post

People that worry about what gays are doing scare me. As long as I dont see PDA I could care less about someone else’s relationship. As for teaching children about gays in school I do not agree with that simply because all the religious freaks will come out the woods to have a shit fit.

I was born and raised in California and I approve this message.

Flag Post

Proof?

Also, if you don’t like Gay Marriage, don’t have one, etc, etc.

Flag Post

No, God made Adam, and then later he made Eve out of Adam for Adam’s company. Meaning that everybody is one whole, that women and men are not 2 different species, and it doesn’t really matter which one of the two you pick for company. Christianity fails so much, certainly when they try to twist their stories to fit their own morals.

Flag Post

Quick question, if my religion believes that Straight Marriage is immoral, can I oppress people too?